Author Topic: Just one thing...  (Read 3633 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Just one thing...
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »
I know this is something we have all considered.

If you had the choice to perform one defiant act during your stay, what would it be?

You can NOT use running away, violence, sex or drugs as part of your answer.

It can only be ONE thing, not a string of related actions. For instance, you couldn't say "I would organize and stage a peaceful protest by all the students." because that requires many distinct acts. However, you *could* say "I'd make the rocks on my work detail spell out 'fuck you'", because you are essentially performing the same act repeatedly... i.e. picking up a rock and putting it somewhere, and it's within the context of a larger, single act, that of the work detail.

Also, feel free to state where you think you should be in the program for this to have maximum impact. (Lower, middle, upper school.)

This is a thought experiment, and I want to see people get creative.

My answer: I would shave my head. In New Horizons. After trying to be femmy for almost two years, I would say fuck it and shave my damn head.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the hills are alive with the sound of music
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »
I think I would want to be in a rap and just say, "This is all bullshit." I would basically just rant about that. I'd tell the facilitator she was an abusive bully who was so insecure and impotent in the "real world" she had to force her own self hatred on helpless minors. Yeah-- I have someone in mind.  Of course, this would require the self possession I have now.  

Still, for me, it would be that I run into old staff as an adult and make them feel like the slime buckets they are. I would be deadly calm and very, very cutting.

The funny thing is, this is not how I am in life. I'm more Pollyannish and always like the hills to be alive with the sound of music, but I think I could make an exception here.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Just one thing...
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 12:33:56 PM »
I can't pick just one.

1.go to the center of the pit 5 minutes before Monday Morning Meeting and conduct my own meeting about kool aid. Damn...that would be ineffective.

2. Somehow make all 'rap rooms' unusable. That would be very hard. Asbestos?

3. Frame Caroline for a crime, walk to the police station and report it.

4. Walk through camelot and take down every propheet scroll and put them in the sauna oven.

Ahhhhhhhhhh here it is - I've picked one!

5. Take a shit in the rap box and then set it on fire!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »
nice one.
I support your dreams!

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 03:21:01 PM »
supporting my cold prickly is a true warm fuzzy

Should I put toilet paper on the edges of the rap box? I want to make sure everything is nice and tight and hygenic

Offline cedu91to93

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »
What did the rap boxes look like at the other cedu schools?
At cedu rs, it was a replica of the main lodge. I'm getting rap-stomach just thinking about it. UGH.

Offline cedu91to93

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »
One guy in my peer group said that if he made it to graduation, he'd stand on stage and say "F*CK EM ALL!!!!"
He didn't make it to graduation.

I think that would have been classic. Perhaps even most effective. A speech ridiculing the school would have been awesome at graduation.

A couple of people did some interesting acts of defiance right before graduation....my favorite was when a student copied another student's paper and turned it in as her own (got sent home the day prior to graduation, I think).

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 04:02:08 PM »
RMA's rap box in 90' was a 1x1x1 box. Me thinks it was Dark hardwood with tan trim. Sitting on it's very own custom made shelf in front of the medical office waiting to suck.

That pandoran whores piehole was open 24/7 for business.

always staring at you from across the dining room and the campus for that matter.....with those weee beetty eyes saying 'eat my chicken'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkFzHQC ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=varaAADg ... re=related
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:14:33 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Raps
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 05:18:13 PM »
There was nothing worse then seeing some look good idiot filling out their rap requests right before dinner.

Or the real classic one was if you pissed someone off and then they would immediately walk over to the rap box...

I hated rap requests.

They tried to make me start to do at least two a week. I could never do it.

I can't tell you how many times I saw someone filling out a rap request and knew it was for me...

Bastards! I hate them all!!!

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 11:35:05 PM »
Sneak out of the dorms at night and set fire to the house, then dance naked around the flames.

I would do this in Summit, and tell them that I felt the need to let "me" out, and really go for broke and live life. My guess is that I would get sent to NIBH (formerly IBHI) and not do a day in prison.

::both::
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »
i would have kept my sense of self.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
i would have kept my sense of self.

How do you keep your sense of self in one easy step?

Please let me know. That would be cool.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
evolution
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »
As a teen, I'm not quite sure I had a concrete sense of self.  My feeling is that CEDU disrupted an organic evolution.... I had enough of a sense of self to split. But that wasn't rebellion, or typical defiant behavior for me. That was knowing that I absolutely could NOT participate the way they demanded of us. It went against every grain of my being.   But I still drank enough K.A. to   be indoctrinated.... and not have a cathartic outlet to process it after I left.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 12:06:11 AM »
Someone here mentioned that felt that CEDU had altered their trajectory . I can relate to that.  It took me about 20 years to realize it. I'd be more than happy to speak with any 1990 RMA staff about my trajectory right now.

I'm just guessing but none of those 'devoted caring accredited souls' wouldn't show up to that lovefest...

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Just one thing...
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 05:09:33 AM »
I always viewed CEDU as a developmental detour. The scenic route, if you will, complete with baggage. I remember the way I was before RMA, and it was nothing like how I was at RMA. But then after I graduated, and maybe a year and a half or so, my personality was back to the way I was before RMA. So, yes, it was a complete and total waste of 2.5 years. I feel like the kid who has been left back a grade or two.  I'm still on the same track, I'm just behind the rest of the class.