Author Topic: Missing Puzzle Pieces  (Read 6106 times)

Offline KIDSofEP

• View Profile
    • http://www.kidsofelpaso.com
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« on: June 30, 2003, 05:00:00 PM »
Hello, this is Todd from kidsofelpaso.com.  
I recently copied the following snippet of information from documentation I was reading:

""Evelyn Bish*ff who is listed as AARC alumni committee and phone coordinator, had a child in KIDS of North Jersey and her husband was on the clinical staff for KIDS of North Jersey. We are currently looking into whether or not her husband currently holds a position with AARC""

The information mentioned an "Evelyn Bish*ff" as alumni committee and phone coordinator and possibly her husband as clinical staff.  I am very interested in this couple as I believe that they are the parents of a child admitted originally to KIDS of El Paso in late 1986/early 1987 and subsequently relocated to New Jersey after the El Paso KIDS facility closed in 1989.

I am posting as I would be interested to know if their daughter, Gene (Jean) was admitted to AARC after KIDS of North Jersey was closed and also if the Bish*ff's are still associated with the program.  If so it would be one of the longest program association that I am aware of.  
17 years is a long time...

Names have been partially masked.
Any information is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »
Evelyn Bishoff has 4 kids none of them named Jean the oldest boy is 20 so i don't know how the wrong connection was made with KIDS.I have been involved with AARC since the early days and know the Bishoffs well.
Thanks,
Lin

Offline KIDSofEP

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »
Lin, Thanks much for your response.  Based on the information you provided, it is likely a different Evelyn Bish*ff at AARC.  The Bish*ff parent at both KIDS of Bergen County and KIDS of El Paso had only a daughter named Gene and a younger son named Tom.

You state that you have been involved with AARC "since the early days"...I would be curious to know if there were ever any former teens that were in KIDS of El Paso admitted to AARC.  They would have been there in the early, early days -- after KIDS in Jersey closed.  All information is appreciated and thanks again, Lin, for your response.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »
No former Kids of EP or of BC have ever been admitted as clients, though some worked at AARC as peer councellors and one works as clinical staff now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »
Do they have a website online or is there anywhere where one could be informed of the credentialed staff at the facility?  Not necessarily peer staff due to confidentiality issues, but I think clinically credentialed staff are different and I'm very interested.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 12:19:00 AM »
Maybe you can find out by contacting
via this web site:
http://www.aarc.ab.ca/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 01:32:00 AM »
What exactly does "clinical" mean? What are the credential needed to be a "Clinical"? Isn't that just a term made up in the straights to sound proffesional with no credentials?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 09:17:00 AM »
It means they got their qualifications at the local car clinic.

Offline KIDSofEP

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »
My questions have been answered.  Thanks much.

Actually in my program, the clinical staff were the "suits" in the building.  They were not "in recovery" and were the only ones in the building that could say they had not been in group at any point in time.  Our clinicals were actually not qualified to do the work that they were doing, but credentials were not state mandated for substance abuse counseling during my era in group.  Our clinical staff had backgrounds in education administration, military, and possibly a psychologist clinical trainee on one occasion.  I know that since EP closed the assistant program coordinator has gone on to work as a private practice psychiatrist and her husband the program coordinator is now working for a local school district.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »
AARC's clinicals are the suits too. Some have and are just former peer staff who've gotten promoted. Sometimes there have been clinical's who have had a little bit of outside training like counseling 101. But other times they are just old AA guys who Dr. Vause likes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »
re: clinical staff

Clinical staff are the councellors at AARC who have recived a degree/masters in addiction studies, psychology or councelling.  There are also peer councellors that have clinical status with certain clients.  All the clinicals but one have gone through the AARC program, and all are in recovery.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »
My mistake...I missed something

One of the Clinical staff is a man from AA who works predominatly with parents.  He was not a client, and to my knowledge does not have a degree etc.  I could be wrong though - he might

One of the other clinical staff (who works with the parents) is a Graduate Mom, is not an alcoholic, but a member of Al-Anon

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 03:41:00 AM »
I suspect not.
Credentials -- give me a break --- not recognized by the PSA
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
I read this somewhere:
""Evelyn Bish*ff who is listed as AARC alumni committee and phone coordinator, had a child in KIDS of North Jersey and her husband was on the clinical staff for KIDS of North Jersey. We are currently looking into whether or not her husband currently holds a position with AARC""

The information mentioned an "Evelyn Bish*ff" as alumni committee and phone coordinator and possibly her husband as clinical staff. I am very interested in this couple as I believe that they are the parents of a child admitted originally to KIDS of El Paso in late 1986/early 1987 and subsequently relocated to New Jersey after the El Paso KIDS facility closed in 1989.

I am posting as I would be interested to know if their daughter, Gene (Jean) was admitted to AARC after KIDS of North Jersey was closed and also if the Bish*ff's are still associated with the program. If so it would be one of the longest program associations that I am aware of.
17 years is a long time...

Names have been partially masked.
Any information is much appreciated

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Puzzle Pieces
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »
The info on them was reported incorrectly.The Bishoffs do not have a daughter Jean nor were they ever in Jersey.This info is incorrect