Author Topic: Excessive Restraints  (Read 15171 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Ha,Ha,Ha,  I was responding to Zen's question...... everyone is so touchy about derailing[/color]

That's because you do it all the time, especially when you are asked questions that you don't want to answer. Why not just plead the 5th amendment when these questions come up??? Here is a good example.

Who.... What is your connection with Bain Capital??? And which facility are you a supporter of???

(Pssst.....Who, Just plead the 5th!!!!!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2007, 09:35:38 AM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Ha,Ha,Ha,  I was responding to Zen's question...... everyone is so touchy about derailing[/color]

That's because you do it all the time, especially when you are asked questions that you don't want to answer. Why not just plead the 5th amendment when these questions come up??? Here is a good example.

Who.... What is your connection with Bain Capital??? And which facility are you a supporter of???

(Pssst.....Who, Just plead the 5th!!!!!)

That is an old issue.  I answered that about a month ago…. I don’t have any ties to Bain Capital.

By answering this, is this derailing again?

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »
What about the question regarding which facility you are a supporter for???

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
What about the question regarding which facility you are a supporter for???

I wouldn’t call myself a supporter of any specific schools... I had a daughter who attended ASR and SUWS and I found these to be very beneficial to her and others who had attended.
I read about places which were not so good to some people like PV and straight.

I would be helpful to parents if someone could put all this vast knowledge of schools together and make a list of the good and bad schools... or rate them somehow.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
Anyone remember when TheWhore used to berate posters for having "no life" because they authored "nearly a thousand posts"?

Take a look at Mr. No Life (TheWhore) with over 3,000 almost completely inane posts.  Sheesh.

Look, if a program chained your kid to a stake and fed her with a slingshot, he'd not object.  He doesn't understand the concept of abuse, so he doesn't view anything as an abuse.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Anyone remember when TheWhore used to berate posters for having "no life" because they authored "nearly a thousand posts"?

Take a look at Mr. No Life (TheWhore) with over 3,000 almost completely inane posts.  Sheesh.

Look, if a program chained your kid to a stake and fed her with a slingshot, he'd not object.  He doesn't understand the concept of abuse, so he doesn't view anything as an abuse.

AWWW,  Are you a bit sad because someone took away your cell phone and forced you to shower every day...oh the abuse and isolation from the outside world.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »

AWWW,  Are you a bit sad because someone took away your cell phone and forced you to shower every day...oh the abuse and isolation from the outside world.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Ha,Ha,Ha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2007, 11:37:01 AM »
when ever someone talks in cliche's like nail on the head we know they are not conscience just merely repeating something they've heard over and over it's sooo program!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2007, 12:24:04 PM »
It was not the argument about Zyprexa... it was why administer HALDOL, BENADRYL, and ZYPREXA all at the same time??? whats the point of a cocktail like that?

They add the benadryl as a sedative and also, as an anti-seizure addition -so the AP's don't bind to the wrong receptors (the H1's) and you end up seizing.

The accepted practice guidelines are either the IM cocktail OR restraints but never both. The IM cocktail is usually an AP, a benzo and benadryl. (or cogentin). It's kinda unusual to give 2 AP's (anti-psychotic), that was given in your case.

They either snow you or restrain you. Even so, restraints are extremely uncommon, even in hospitals. It's a really archaic practice.

Unforuntaely, the doctors only sign off on this stuff and many patients do end getting seizures because the staff thinks that "whatver" medications are a good idea - meanwhile, they don't have a clue. I know of more than one person who has been affected by medication changes made by staff (HS graduates), and ended up with contra-indicated meds, ended up having seizures, etc etc.

It sucks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2007, 12:26:26 PM »
qft

TheWho said

I would be helpful to parents if someone could put all this vast knowledge of schools together and make a list of the good and bad schools... or rate them somehow.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2007, 03:23:19 PM »
It was not the argument about Zyprexa... it was why administer HALDOL, BENADRYL, and ZYPREXA all at the same time??? whats the point of a cocktail like that?

They add the benadryl as a sedative and also, as an anti-seizure addition -so the AP's don't bind to the wrong receptors (the H1's) and you end up seizing.

The accepted practice guidelines are either the IM cocktail OR restraints but never both. The IM cocktail is usually an AP, a benzo and benadryl. (or cogentin). It's kinda unusual to give 2 AP's (anti-psychotic), that was given in your case.

They either snow you or restrain you. Even so, restraints are extremely uncommon, even in hospitals. It's a really archaic practice.

Unforuntaely, the doctors only sign off on this stuff and many patients do end getting seizures because the staff thinks that "whatver" medications are a good idea - meanwhile, they don't have a clue. I know of more than one person who has been affected by medication changes made by staff (HS graduates), and ended up with contra-indicated meds, ended up having seizures, etc etc.

It sucks.

Thanks for posting that, I've been asking for professional opinions on the use of antipsychotics in a restraint.  Since settle is not and was not diagnosed as a psychotic, the AP dosages were high and using them as a restraint was damned improper and dangerous, and if properly investigated could cause serious trouble for the people who signed off on the restraint.  

That's from an MD.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Awesome Job "Achieving Lasting Change"
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2007, 07:05:48 PM »
How this place is still running is beyond me, It's appalling. Lumping victims of rape and abuse, kids suffering from depression and kids dealing with drug addictions together under one "treatment" isn't the way to "achieve lasting change". Last time I checked, using restraints like they do isn't either. This place needs to go.

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Re: Awesome Job "Achieving Lasting Change"
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2007, 07:35:01 PM »
Quote from: "".""
How this place is still running is beyond me, It's appalling. Lumping victims of rape and abuse, kids suffering from depression and kids dealing with drug addictions together under one "treatment" isn't the way to "achieve lasting change". Last time I checked, using restraints like they do isn't either. This place needs to go.

HELL FUCKIN YEA!!!!!
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
Kudos to you for dealing with that shit. Not that you really had a choice. 98 restraints...psh...those douche nozzles need to be restrained.

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Excessive Restraints
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »
Quote from: "".""
Kudos to you for dealing with that shit. Not that you really had a choice. 98 restraints...psh...those douche nozzles need to be restrained.

Yea.. they should be tied to those beds with some AP cocktails.
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.