Author Topic: Cattleman demon rears its ugly head...  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cattleman demon rears its ugly head...
« on: June 29, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »
I am a survivor of Straight - Sarasota '80 to '82.  I do not talk about this subject however this demon has recently reared its head!  I have read several of your postings and felt a need to find people that were there at this time.  I have never been able to talk to anyone about this whole damn subject to anyone.  "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand!" to people outside.  I would love to know where people are at and to know that they are okay.  I was a misbehavior and at one time held a record for being started over.  I don't remember how many times though.  Selective memory, I guess.  I had a nickname, "Cupcake".  Do you remember me?  Additionally, I was interviewed by Ed Bradley from 60 Minutes after Straight closed.  When I was pulled from Straight I was sent to Life the same day.  If you know me... I would like to talk if you are up to it.  Please contact me at [email protected] or reply to this posting.  Eagerly awaiting any responses...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bilabong69

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »
Yea, I was there then. Man I hated that place!!
Contact me if you wish. [email protected]
Later :smokin:

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
Why don't you just tell us who you are.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »
Are you trying to badger me?  Why don't you tell me who you are!  As a first timer reaching out to people that have been through similar circumstances you are coming off a bit harsh!  Why don't you check yourself out...

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »
Ignore him. I think he's pissed at a different anon anyway.

::kiss::  I like new people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »
Thank you Mo.  At least someone out there is empathetic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »
I don't think one statement constitutes badgering.  I don't see the need for anonymity when you are coming to a place where people truly understand.  Look at my profile and and my posts and YOU can see who I am.  Check myself out?  Go back into your bag of Straight lingo and pullout something more original.

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »
I don't think one statement constitutes badgering.  I don't see the need for anonymity when you are coming to a place where people truly understand.  Look at my profile and and my posts and YOU can see who I am.  Check myself out?  Go back into your bag of Straight lingo and pullout something more original.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »
Okay, gduncan from GA... here's something original for you!  Go fuck yourself!  No "straight lingo" there!

You have made me realize that I don't need you fucking people. I have handled this demon for 23 years now and can handle it another 23 years!  So thank you for being a complete ass and helping me to get over this rather quickly!  You will not be getting anymore of my precious time in this life or on this bb, you fuck!

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
Jesus Christ guys! Funny how anything to do with that place brings up such strong negative emotion. I saw the "check yourself out" statement and it reminded me how long it had been since I had heard that one. There is not a soul here who has not had to deal with serious and long term issue because of that place. It caused damage. Many people are here for many differeing reasons and all of us have gotten into arguements with each other for many differing reasons. I have gleefully told some people here to fuck-off and been told the same by others. Unlike in straight, we do not have to pretend to love everybody. I have received some very good assistance here i  dealing with some of the more lingering issues because of straight. Just some food for thought.

CL

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 06:23:00 PM »
This is an ultra sensitive subject. It?s very easy to take lack of empathy to heart. Be nice, 'cause finding these boards for the first time is hard...

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 11:03:00 PM »
Hello new friend and welcome to our crazy house :nworthy:

Not really happy seeing people attacked on this board!
Especially someone who is reaching for their first time, sharing similiar BAD experiences in that Hellhole.
How dare anyone demand to know the identity of someone else on this post.

We are here to laugh, cry, and remember, and put some of this stuff behind us for good.
At least that's why I think most of us come here.

I sent rocketscience person a personal note, and told them to ignore the jerks and assholes here.
And welcomed him/her back in hopes of sharing - because we all know . . . you had to be there to understand what it was like.

Quit picking on people - I didn't think that was your style?  :evil:

Anyone is welcome here.  I think that was Kathy's philosophy.

- "Judge not, lest ye be judged"
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2003, 11:46:00 PM »
I have bitched about people posting anonymously here before because I was having trouble figuring out who was saying what to which anonymous. Aye, it can get murky. (Who's on first. What's on second...) But despite the inconvenience that posting anonymously causes, I think that it's allright if that's what someone wants to do...I've even done it once or twice myself (intentionally) for reasons that will remain a secret, lol. So let he who is without sin throw the first stone...no, I take that back...some of us never post anonymously. No stones, please!  :scared: Welcome to the board, rocketscience!  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »
Mithygato:

I did receive your message and appreciate it.  I would like to post a duplicate of what I wrote you.

I really didn't mean to be ugly, however I don't feel that I need to be accused of being someone that was behind these travesties or protecting my identity.  I, as well as yourself, and others have suffered a great deal of trauma and was just relieve that others were validating what happened to me through their stories.  I was looking to contact people that I may have been in with that knew what happened there.  I have not faced this for 20 plus years and this just came back from the dead, so to speak two days ago for me and the last thing I need is someone criticizing me for trying to heal in my own way.  Plus that posting was for people that were in with me.  I gave identifying information and have spoke with a couple of people that were there with me.  Unfortunatley, I had no idea that this program or ones like it continued on since we closed Sarasota.  I was one of the people that aided in the shutdown and spoke with the States Atty. and 60 Minutes regarding the abuse that I suffered.  When it was closed down, I thought the nightmare was over and I put it behind me.  How wrong I was!  I am truly sickened that this continued to go on and apparently still is and that others have suffered!  I am sorry for whatever you endured and almost feel I failed when I had somewhat of a chance to make a difference.  I thougth that I had in my small way.

Please realize that some of us unfortunately, learned very well how to attack when being attacked.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 12:40:00 AM »
::heart::