Author Topic: REFUNDS DUE  (Read 3026 times)

Offline timeandlove

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »
Recently, I called HLA requesting the refund that I am due to receive.  I have a signed letter stating that HLA will refund money that I overpaid.  I was informed by the accountant that HLA is still experiencing a "financial crisis" and will not be making any refunds until at least the first of the new year, but that wasn't definite either.

Can anyone advise me on what professional organization I can contact to  help me collect this money.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »
I'd go directly to suing them.  No "organization" is going to make HLA flinch.  File a lawsuit and complain to the AG's office about being defrauded.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 02:28:38 PM »
Sue them with all you got. another lawsuit would not only force them to pay up, but will further their financial crisis due to all the legal and attourney bills they will have to pay. maybe they'll even have to pay for you're lawyer.

That old clause in the contract about parents being responsible for all legal expences has been Voided for some time now. thats why they are in this crisis in the first place.

i have this odd feeling that Bucci embezzeles a large amount of money from the school...and stashes it somewhere outside the U.S. his family mafioso connection would give perfect means and motive for money laundering.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
are you interested in solely re-couping your money?

Personally, the more people you can contact the better - everyone from the BBB to the state mental health agency. I know of individuals who have contacted upwards of 15 to 20 organizations, if nothing else than to tell their story. Word of mouth travels fast, you'd be surprised. Just tell the truth, your story - don't embellish, but be honest.

This has produced excellent results in the past with various *programs* - they are hoping you will just go away and not create a stink. The more people who know about the situation, the quicker you will get your money.

BTW, a private lawsuit won't do jack.

It will spend years in litigation, while they are collecting interest on your "tuition".

Offline timeandlove

• View Profile
REFUND
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 07:27:59 AM »
Thank you for the advice, which I will follow.  I am interested in getting the money back and exposing Bucci for the fraud that he is.  I will reiterate everything that's already been said to the proper authorities such as the BBB, state mental health dept., etc.

We gave them the advance $$ that they required, in good faith, and I was expecting to receive the refund I am due, also in good faith.  I'm beyond disgusted that the place was not shut down after all the bad (but true) press that it has gotten in the past 12 months.  I feel sorry for all the parents that HLA continues to mislead and manipulate.  But, I believe that HLA has lost a lot of its potency in the world of TBS's.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:54:01 AM »
To Time and Love- I know several families that are owed huge refunds from HLA and have been owed that $$ for over a year now. One family I know HLA owes like $65,000 dollars. How much does HLA owe you back? I cannot believe HLA keeps telling these families that they will get their refunds now that HLA is not having to pay for lawyers......and yet....they have not received one dime back so far.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 10:43:23 PM »
Here's the deal, folks, and I think I've said this before.  HLA owes in excess of $800,000 in tuition refunds going back not months, but years.  Years and years and years.  Like Bob Dole said in 1996, "Where's  the outrage?"  

Why don't you parents get your shit together and organize a "march" on  HLA, complete with media coverage.  Imagine the visual impact 100 or more people carrying signs marching up Hidden Lake Road would have on Atlanta TV news.  BBB can't do a damn thing about getting your money back, and neither can GA Mental Health.  Ed consultants don't give a damn that the little bastard is a crook because they're as crooked as he.  That's why they do business together.  

Organize, folks.  Get in touch with each other through this forum, through parties to the class action suit, which in spite of Bucchi's lies is not settled, and through other internet forums.  Len is a craving coward, and everyone khere knows that.  He cannot face parents, or anyone else.  Force him into the spotlight, and he will dissolve like a vampire at dawn.  Darkness cannot resist light.  Shine light on him and see what happens.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »
I almost due not feel sorry for the parents that have been owed money for a long period of time if they are not going to fight like hell to get their money back.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 06:02:06 PM »
Quote from: ""dee""
Here's the deal, folks, and I think I've said this before.  HLA owes in excess of $800,000 in tuition refunds going back not months, but years.  Years and years and years.  Like Bob Dole said in 1996, "Where's  the outrage?"  

Why don't you parents get your shit together and organize a "march" on  HLA, complete with media coverage.  Imagine the visual impact 100 or more people carrying signs marching up Hidden Lake Road would have on Atlanta TV news.  BBB can't do a damn thing about getting your money back, and neither can GA Mental Health.  Ed consultants don't give a damn that the little bastard is a crook because they're as crooked as he.  That's why they do business together.  

Organize, folks.  Get in touch with each other through this forum, through parties to the class action suit, which in spite of Bucchi's lies is not settled, and through other internet forums.  Len is a craving coward, and everyone khere knows that.  He cannot face parents, or anyone else.  Force him into the spotlight, and he will dissolve like a vampire at dawn.  Darkness cannot resist light.  Shine light on him and see what happens.

If the time period exceeds 90 days I would not expect there is any good intention to remit a refund to you (it will not be coming) and you should check your contract and then consult a lawyer.  Either they dont believe they owe you or they dont want to pay.

Offline timeandlove

• View Profile
REFUND
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
BOTH!!!  HLA acknowledges that it owes me money, but they probably don't have any intention of paying it to me.  I consulted a lawyer who informed me that it would cost me more in legal fees than the actual amount of the refund.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
Continue to call organizations - GA mental health can do something. get the story out there - lawsuits are expensive and it doesn't actually pay in the long run. It stays in court forever and by that time, you are seriously in debt.

Also, call the attorney general for the state & if need be, the US attorney general. It's considered fraud if you don't your kmoney back - there's all kinds of trouble for wire fraud etc. depending on where you live (ie - if you are out of state) etc. Call everyone you possibly can - from local mental health agencies to NAMI to the local authorities who deal with fraud.

Esepcially, since this is a "facility" (school, treatment center - whatever they are calling ti these days) deals with kids - there are legal ramifications on how they must conduct themselves.

You just have to make those connections by doing the footwork & YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

good luck to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »
Everything suggested here is good.  Media attention would kill Len, but his refusing to return deposits, as well as his squandering the Chapel Fund, is criminal.  File a criminal -CRIMINAL - complaint with the state attorney general as well as the U.S. District Attorney.  Don't bother with the Lumpkin Bumpkins, as Len has them paid off.  Go the state and federal route.  File an official complaint.  Do the same with the IRS.  He is culpable, and there is no 90 day expiration.  6 years is the usual limit on criminal cases, so any refund he has refused to repay since 2002 is fair game.  Put the little son of a bitch in prison where he belongs.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: REFUND
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »
Quote from: ""timeandlove""
BOTH!!!  HLA acknowledges that it owes me money, but they probably don't have any intention of paying it to me.  I consulted a lawyer who informed me that it would cost me more in legal fees than the actual amount of the refund.

Not sure of your economic situation but I would rather let the lawyers have it all than sit back and let someone steal from me.  Fire up a Lawyer and let him keep the whole thing if he can get it from HLA.... take a full page ad out in the local paper "Lumpkin Nugget"? (should be less than $1,000).... Short Story/ Large Print of your intentions/struggle...  (unless you were part of the recent lawsuit, inwhich case you probably cannot take it public).

Good Luck

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 11:57:15 AM »
TheWho said -

Not sure of your economic situation but I would rather let the lawyers have it all than sit back and let someone steal from me. Fire up a Lawyer and let him keep the whole thing if he can get it from HLA.... take a full page ad out in the local paper "Lumpkin Nugget"? (should be less than $1,000).... Short Story/ Large Print of your intentions/struggle... (unless you were part of the recent lawsuit, inwhich case you probably cannot take it public).

Good Luck

FYI - if you take out an ad, they will likely not take you seriously and paint you as a hysetrical parent/nut job. Contact the state attny. general's office. They would be very interested in this case.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
REFUNDS DUE
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 02:22:01 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Contact the state attny. general's office. They would be very interested in this case.

If you get the state and feds involved, it'll probably take forever, and you need to stay on top of it by calling a lot (you wouldn't believe the kinds of filing errors they make!), but... it may not cost you a dime.  You can help expedite matters by doing as much legwork for them as you can, but stay on their tail!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------