Author Topic: Prison  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prison
« on: November 14, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
Does anyone know how many students that went to Cedu are in prison now? I don't mean a few months here and there... but real, hard time? Just curious ...

I know of one. He was there in the 80s and is doing life for killing his girlfriend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline venicespirit

• View Profile
Prison
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:20:09 PM »
The guy you are referring to has not been sentenced yet.  So, although you are right,  he probably will do life.  He is getting that life without,  sentence NOT because he killed her - but because he is a 3 striker!  This will be his 3rd prison sentence.  The first one was  from 89'-95' and the second was 96'-2000'.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Prison
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:40:14 AM »
Wild.

Was he from RS campus or Bonners Ferry? When did he graduate?

Offline venicespirit

• View Profile
Prison
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 12:55:03 PM »
Bonner's Ferry.  He was in my peergroup. 85' - 87'

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Prison
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:25 PM »
Quote from: ""venicespirit""
Bonner's Ferry.  He was in my peergroup. 85' - 87'

... then I knew him. I most likely don't remember him, but I knew him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prison
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »
I don't know if it counts but I knew alot of people who went to jail not prison though.  I went to jail.  They all got out and did too many things they wanted to at the schools at once lol

Offline venicespirit

• View Profile
Re: Prison
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
If anyone is interested.........Jonathan's case in now over  He plead guilty and was sentenced to 40 to Life.

Offline da voice from nowhere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 09:00:50 PM »
Quote from: "venicespirit"
If anyone is interested.........Jonathan's case in now over  He plead guilty and was sentenced to 40 to Life.

I'll tell you one thing, some of the most rampantly false rumors I have ever heard pertain to CEDU survivors doing hard time. I heard of one kid who got 7-15 years for felony arms possession among a few other things, but it turned out he was just in someone else's truck who got caught with a gun and was never facing more than 2 years probation.

Then there was the guy who got shitfaced and ran a woman over in his truck and was facing 20+ years. Oh wait, he ALMOST hit her, was only allegedly drunk, and spent a year on probation for reckless driving.

How about the two kids that got life for their botched robbery of a drug dealer than turned into a double homicide? This is probably the best one yet...yea they pulled a gun on the dealer, but it wasn't even loaded. One of the kids didn't even get so much as arraigned.

When it comes to talking about CEDU survivors and jail time, it's like Mia Wallace said in Pulp Fiction...when you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle... 

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
I know for an absolute fact that a guy who was there when I was there got pulled, and a year or so later raped and killed a girl in the bay area and is doing life.

Offline venicespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »
"Little scamps!" 

My information is fact!  I sat in that courtroom and watched my friend get 40 to life.  Sounds to me like the only one talking out the side of their neck is YOU!

Offline da voice from nowhere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »
Quote from: "venicespirit"
"Little scamps!" 

My information is fact!  I sat in that courtroom and watched my friend get 40 to life.  Sounds to me like the only one talking out the side of their neck is YOU!

Wow...the one person in this thread I was NOT referring to found it necessary to come at me like this...

In fact, I was motivated to write what I wrote because of what the FIRST person (the person YOU came back on) in the thread wrote, talking about someone's life sentence when the person hadn't even been sentenced yet. I just don't feel it necessary to list out the people in the thread I am referring to...I figured those who it didn't apply to would realize I was not referring to them pretty easily...guess I was wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »
venicespirit, et al.

That bites -- 40 yrs to life in a CA prison.  The 3 strikes laws are not sustainable.  Maybe our peer has a chance to get out before he draws social security.

Offline venicespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »
Unfortunately the California 3 strikes law is very sustainable and is practiced in every court, everyday in California.

The catch to this law is infact that a "3rd strike" does NOT have to be a violent one.

Here's an example.......Bitchslap your friend( you cant break anything) = Missdameanor
...............................Bitchslap your friend a second time = felony and strikeable
...............................If you break their nose is always a felony!!!!!
...............................If you let them hit you first and then you break their nose = its self defense!!!!! (LOL)

For more information on how to help with the amending of the California 3 strikes law see Families against Californias Three strike  or  http://facts1.live.radicaldesigns.org/

In 1994, voters approved what is now a controversial law knowon as the 3 Strikes Law.  This law was designed to control the recidivisim rates in California.  Basically the law states that after the third felony, an offender is eligible for 25 years to life in prison.

Basically what it means is that people who are convicted of three felonies may end up facing life in prison. The actual "law" has five major moving parts. First there is the ballot initiative (i.e. Proposition 184), then there is there the actual statute that was passed (California Penal Code Section 667 (b) through (i)), and then there are three other code sections that identify the types of violations that count as "strikes" against you. 
Incase anyone is interested, the following are all strikeable offenses

1.Murder or voluntary manslaughter;
2.mayhem;
3.rape;
4.sodomy by force, violence, duress, menace, threat of great bodily injury, or fear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury on the victim or anotherperson;
5.oral copulation by force, violence, duress, menace, threat of greatbodily injury, or fear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury on the victimor another person;
6.lewd or lascivious act on a child under the age of 14 years;
7.any felony punishable by death or imprisonment in the state prison forlife;
8.any other felony in w hich the defendant personally inflicts great bodilyinjury on any person, other than an accomplice; or any felony which thedefendant personally uses a firearm;
9.attempted murder;
10.assault with intent to commit rape or robbery;
11.assault with a deadly weapon or instrument on a peace officer;
12.assault by a life prisoner on a noninmate;
13.assault with a deadly weapon by an inmate;
14.arson;
15.exploding a destructive device or any explosive with the intent toinjure;
16.exploding a destructive device o r any explosive causing great bodilyinjury or mayhem;
17.exploding a destructive device or any explosive with intent to murder;
18.burglary of an inhabited dwelling house, or trailer coach as defined bythe Vehicle Code, or inhabited portion of any other b uilding;
19.robbery or bank robbery;
20.kidnapping;
21.holding of a hostage by a person confined in a state prison;
22.attempt to commit a felony punishable by death or imprisonment in thestate prison for life;
23.any felony in which the defendant persona lly used a dangerous or deadlyweapon;
24.selling, furnishing, administering, giving, or offering to sell,furnish, administer, or give to a minor any heroin, cocaine, phencyclidine(PCP), or any methamphetamine-related drug, as described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Section 11055 of the Health and Safety Code, or any of theprecursors of methamphetamines, as described in subparagraph (A) of paragraph(1) of subdivision (f) of Section 11055 or subdivision (a) of Section 11100of the Health and Safety Code;
25.any violation of subdivision (a) of Section 289 where the act isaccomplished against the victim's will by force, violence, duress, menace, orfear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury on the victim or another person;
26.grand theft involving a firearm;
27.carjacking; any attempt to commit a crime listed in this subdivisionother than an assault; and
28.any conspiracy to commit an offense described in paragraph (24) as itapplies to Section 11370 .4 of the Health and Safety Code where the defendantconspirator was substantially involved in the planning, direction, orfinancing of the underlying offense.
29.Murder or voluntary manslaughter.

30.Any robbery perpetuated in an inhabited dwelling house, vessel, as defined in Section 21 of the Harbors and Navigation Code, which is inhabitedand designated for habitation, an inhabited floating home as defined insubdivision (d) of Section 18075.55 of the Health and Safety Code, aninhabited trailer coach, as defined in the Vehicle Code, or in the inhabitedportion of any other building, wherein it is charged and proved that thedefendant personally used a deadly or dangerous weapon, as provided insubdivision (b) of Section 12022, in the commission of that robbery. 
31.The offense defined in subdivision (a) of Section 289 where the act is accomplished against the victim's will by force, violence, duress, menace, orfear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury on the victim or another person.
32.Attempted murder.
33.A violation of Section 12308.
34.Kidnapping in violation of subdivision (b) of Section 207.
35.Kidnapping in violation of subdivision (b) of Section 208.
36.Continuous sexual abuse of a child *** in violation of Section 288.5.
37.Carjacking, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 215, if it ischarged and proved that the defendant personally used a dangerous or deadlyweapon as provided in subdivision (b) of Section 12022 in the commission ofthe carjacking.
38.Any robbery of the first degree punishable pursuant to subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 213.
A violation of Section 264.1.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »
I agree that the three strikes law is bullshit.

My beef:

You are not being tried for the crime you committed, you are being tried for the crime you committed PLUS your previous crimes that you have already been tried for.

There is a fucking LAW in this country that is supposed to protect that, and that is double jeopardy. You CANNOT be tried for the same crime twice. But CA gets around that by insisting that this evidence is relevant to the case at hand, while that is not always true.