Author Topic: a few words about america  (Read 5811 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
a few words about america
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »
i still feel that these abusive programs could not exist if we had a culture that was accepting of different kinds of people and that did not have tabboos against sex, drugs or feelings.

i also, about violence, and terrorism in america, feel that the people in power today have forgotten that they are human.  they think they are gods.  if someone bombs your country (and just for the record, i think the cia did 911, and i think al queda works for the cia, bush sr. was head of the cia, hussein was trained by the cia, and the real reason, for those who don't know, that hussein was so hated by the us was because he socialized their oil industry and wasn't being the us puppet anymore, thats why we started bombing him the first time in dessert storm.  but no one talks about that either.) maybe you should ask them why.

for example, if all of us were to go find some clone schools and shut off their elecricity so that their 'school' had to get shut down for a week for repairs?  we would be considered terrorists, no one  would take the time to ask us, why did you do this?  so that we could expose how abusive they are.

and yet, if we were to just go to cbs today to get put on the news, who would want to listen?  so its a catch 22.  the way to get attention is to be destructive, but then if you are destructive you are labeled a terrorist. you are dissmissed on both ends.  thats why i hate america.  please, america, in the words of portishead, give me a reason to love you!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »
bomb bump

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »
I don't know but shutting down electricity would be a good idea.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »
Huh, that's the opposite of my usual plan.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »
which is.. ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GINGER SCHOOLS OTTOWA or DEAR MOM please read this stuff!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »
"I've heard comments here referring to a link between Synanon and CEDU anad I have no other info either to confirm or dispute such a connection.

I imagine you're aware that a lot of substance treatment programs still use aspects of the old Synanon methodology without adopting the whole program.

Yes, and I'm aware that around 1970 or so Bobby DuPont, then head of NIDA, actually advocated replicating Synanon all over the country at public expense. And that Scientology's Narconon was taught in Los Angeles area schools up until recently. Doesn't make it valid.

Maybe that's why government studies into the efficacy of various substance abuse treatment models fail to show any significant benefit to treated populations over that to untreated populations.

Quote:

That's a pretty common thing, actually for parts of a program to get incorporated into someone else's new idea about how to do things, even when the whole program is seen as objectionable or overboard for some reason. So it's possible that Mel Wasserman, among a whole bunch of other people, looked at parts of Synanon and decided to use what he liked. But I don't know that, it just seems plausible.

Actually, it seems probable. Still, doesn't mean it's a valid or sensible way to go about things.

Quote:

On the other hand, other people, for example those who support motivational interviewing, would oppose any part of Synanon, in part for philosophical reasons. When I have a chance, I'll look for any real empirical studies that address effectiveness.

Please. And, try and find any that include a control group.

Quote:

I like Lord Acton, by the way, and power dynamics are always an issue, in any school, relationship or family.

But in my own case, I never experienced CEDU as having "absolute power".

Of course you didn't! You were the one signing the checks! Try being a "student".

Quote:

And tell me more about the "felony child abuse" that I was paying them to inflict on my son in my absence?

Just look around at what some of these former students have to tell you. No wonder they get pissed off at you. You seem to just unsee whatever doesn't fit your thesis.

Quote:

My sense, after reading a number of your posts, is that you are a person who is a little further over on the anarchist side of the anarchist-totalitarian dimension than I am.

. . .

Try Occam's razor here. Your very interesting analysis of my thinking could, possibly, maybe explain my positions. Or you could take my word for it and accept my reasons for believing as I do.

Quote:

I'm wondering if we just disagree on the form of the restraint that is being used here or are you saying that you don't think there should be any coercive restraint at all, regardless of what the minor child is doing to self or others?

Maybe, I don't know. How do you feel about allegedly troubled teens restraining and surveiling other allegedly troubled teens? If you're alright w/ that, then I guess you don't have a problem w/ Charles E. Dederich University.

Dear parents, I'm working on a letter for you. until then please check out this:
http://www.youth-liberation.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 03:15:44 AM »
message to this parent:

1)  i think it displays a sever mistrust in your child that your concerns are not  for his well being but for the need for restraints.  do you have some sort of restraint fetish?  or maybe did someone restrain you as a child?

2)  as a 'cedu graduate' i can tell you that when i read the information about synanon that is linked here on fornits it hit home because it very closely described how they 'related' to us at cedu.

cedu was someone's head trip, a savior fantasy played out in the minds of all the staff as a form of therapy, for the staff, therapy, maybe even a sick sort of therapy for the parents that maybe you enjoyed at the unknown expense of your child, a cruel trick that they played on you to make it all the more harder to swallow that you have been betrayed, you have been lied to, just like we were again and again.

but the lies we were told were much greater and much more painful than the lies you have been told.  your souls were put up on the wall of shame, our actual innocent trusting hearts were slayed deep into our psyches for their sick games.  and they did not allow us to tell you.

they hated the parents, more than they hated us i think.  they hated you for how you had allowed them to dupe them.

they hated you for your implication in their sin, in their mind numbing, child molesting addiction.  abusing children i think is very close to molestation.  i was raped twice in my life, once at cedu, once two years after cedu, and neither compare to the trauma of the mind rape i endured for 2.5 years at cedu from which i am just barely recovering, at 30.

i was sent there at 14 for loosing my virginity.  how many 14 year old girls' virginity have you taken?  has your son taken?  is it a sin?  to have sex at 14?  punishable with torture?  read those synanon descriptions of the game.  that was the game.  those were raps.  3 times a week from noon to 5.  read what every single kid on here says about how their stomach turned when it was time for raps.  that was where it all baselined.

and then there were the all night profeets, have you taken the time to find out what went on in them?

Offline alia23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »
i thought of this post the other day, i dont think cedu was therapy for the staff any more than it was therapy for the students.

the whole thing just destroyed everyone, top to bottom.
lia
your silence will not protect you

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »
If I could weigh in here without sounding like a sanctimonious foreigner, I agree with some of the original post. I don't think it is unique to the US I think the west has become caught up with the idea that financial prosperity gives you the moral right to do whatever you want regardless of the effect on others. As the US is the richest most powerful western country it can take this idea to alarming extremes.

One thing I think has really helped this industry take off in the US is the way in which zero tolerance has taken off because the parental fear that their child may be jailed for something reasonably petty is not unreasonable in such a context. This is why the folly of such logic really must be strenuously debated.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
I think we are also a culture that has become afraid of our teenagers, sadly.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline alia23

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
interesting, i think thats true.

teenagers are smart enough to see whats going on but dont know the taboos yet, and we are a society of secrets and myths.

thats the thing about cedu, and all these schools, they are symptomatic of the larger social problem that refuses to accept our frail and limited humanity, seeking to make supermen, supersoldiers, supersconsumers, superrulers, planetary control systems, bigger bigger bigger until we control everything!!!!!!!!!!!  crazy kool aid drinking delusional idiots!

and they are in charge, so of course in a society ruled by madmen torture chambers spring up under the guise of education.

because our leaders dont care what happens to us, any of us, not it's teenagers, nor its teachers, nor its todlers, nor its elderly. not its rich, nor its poor.  not its kind nor its cruel.  it just doesnt care.   there is not one strata of society that is nurtured.  the richest in our country are hopelessly drug addicted and sick on their own poisons.

but the time approaches.  people will not stand for much worse.  not for long.  but if we arent careful we will have to endure a lot worse than we all saw at cedu, except it won't be a bubble apart from society, it will be society, and we will seek bubbles of peace.

i pray it doesnt go that far.
lia
your silence will not protect you

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:08 PM »
I simply wish people didn't have such fucking selective memories about what they were like when *they* were teenagers.

I know, obvious sentiment.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 04:51:02 AM »
Is it that you are afraid of or afraid for your teenagers?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline drlongjon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »
Quote from: ""alia23""
(and just for the record, i think the cia did 911, and i think al queda works for the cia, bush sr. was head of the cia, hussein was trained by the cia, and the real reason, for those who don't know, that hussein was so hated by the us was because he socialized their oil industry and wasn't being the us puppet anymore, thats why we started bombing him the first time in dessert storm.  but no one talks about that either.)  

Somebody has a serious problem here. A little paranoid are we? Bush is too stupid to pull that shit off and the media would have found out and turned it into a pulitzer prize story, they never shut up and would put a broadcast up telling our enemies we are on the way over to bomb them if they could. Go read/watch some documentaries on the way Muslims beat their wives and mutilate their daughters. If that's how they treat family, why wouldn't they want to kill us? Muslims are to blame for todays problems, END of DISCUSSION. Stop blaming the U.S. Be proud to be American and proud of the good we have done in the world. How much good do the Muslim countries ever do, answer: none.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »
Just because muslims are religious fanatics living in the 12th century doesn't mean the US is almighty. Sure in a relative sense we're 'better'.

But I hope you're not saying the US is perfect.

I'm proud of everyday americans. However, I'm not so proud of our political institutions.

Did you hear the story of the 21 year old marine from Texas who returned from a full tour. He was entitled to his G.I. education college program. He tried to sign up to go to college and was told that since he didn't have a texas address in the last 2 years he was ineligble. "Well no shit I don't have a Texas address you red taped bastard, I've been over in the land of sand killing Iraqis for you"!

I could go on and on. Did you know there's been a Kentucky Fried Chicken right at the Gates to the Pyramids in Cairo, Egypt since circa 1997?
I don't think globalizing the rest of the world to be just like america is good foreign policy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKqyUml ... re=related