Author Topic: Staff Replacements at Aspen  (Read 6040 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Staff Replacements at Aspen
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »
Its not a 180:

Here I will say it again:

So to conclude, the majority of all professionals are not licensed and don’t need to be. Since when should people feel that being licensed means being safe

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Its not a 180:

Here I will say it again:

So to conclude,

But that's just me.
 :roll:  :roll:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 02:45:16 PM »
then what difference should it make when you say -

The therapist my daughter saw at ASR was licensed. I can not speak to all schools, but that was my experience.
My daughter also went thru some testing while at SUWS and this was also performed by a licensed professional therapist with the state Virginia.

Code: [Select]
The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state.

So, your daughter was seen by state therapists? Or private? because if you are working in the private sector - according to you, you don't need to be licensed.

you can't have it both ways - everything you say is a contradiction.

Honestly, I have not seen anything meaningful or relevanyt come out of anything you have to post.

all manipulative lies -

more who/alan spin

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
then what difference should it make when you say -

The therapist my daughter saw at ASR was licensed. I can not speak to all schools, but that was my experience.
My daughter also went thru some testing while at SUWS and this was also performed by a licensed professional therapist with the state Virginia.

Code: [Select]
The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state.
So, your daughter was seen by state therapists? Or private? because if you are working in the private sector - according to you, you don't need to be licensed.

you can't have it both ways - everything you say is a contradiction.

Honestly, I have not seen anything meaningful or relevanyt come out of anything you have to post.

all manipulative lies -

more who/alan spin

Read it again, Ha,Ha,Ha,  "The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state."

Psychiatrists, psychologists need to be licensed...... slow down a little.
Did you catch that Anne?  dont want to double post.

I Like you "Spin arrows"  I borrowed this, if you dont mind, for a presentation I am doing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »
can you read, alan?

Can you follow the argument and your contradictory statements from one post to another?

Just wondering - & BTW, if you like my arrows, feel free - i have another pic for you -

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
Read it again, Ha,Ha,Ha,  "The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state."

Psychiatrists, psychologists need to be licensed...... slow down a little.
Did you catch that Anne?  dont want to double post.

I Like you "Spin arrows"  I borrowed this, if you dont mind, for a presentation I am doing.

The more little "ha ha ha"s you post Alan, the more I know this is getting to you.
 ::bwahaha::

Yes, I caught that.  I also caught your assertion that licensing is really unimportant.  I think differently.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 03:11:27 PM »
I also caught your assertion that licensing is really unimportant. I think differently.

Yeah, seriously - he writes how it's not important and even hurting the *industry* to have licensing and regulations. What a twit.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 05:23:11 PM »
Can you follow the argument and your contradictory statements from one post to another?

We can follow the argument, but we can not spot the contradictory statements.  They must be in your head.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
I also caught your assertion that licensing is really unimportant. I think differently.

Yeah, seriously - he writes how it's not important and even hurting the *industry* to have licensing and regulations. What a twit.

Everyone has an opinion and I have been on the fence about industry regulation and licensing (and I do go back and forth).  I dont think the governement is going to improve the conditions of the schools so I dont think the long fight for regulation will do a thing to help the kids..... there needs to be something else.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »
Perhaps getting a few professionals in  to work at an on the ground level is not  a bad thing. I would think that any professional worth their salt who saw what went on by working directly with the kids on a daily basis would be more likely to leave in disgust and speak up.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Perhaps getting a few professionals in  to work at an on the ground level is not  a bad thing. I would think that any professional worth their salt who saw what went on by working directly with the kids on a daily basis would be more likely to leave in disgust and speak up.

This is why many are not convinced that there are any systemic problems with abuse in the industry.  The schools are staffed with people who are dedicating their careers and lives to helping children, whether they are degreed or are in the process of getting their degree.  Many staff members move on after a few years to go back to school to further their education, private practice, further training and if they had witnessed any abuse or systemic problems these would have been reported.

In the case of my daughter, it would have been very difficult for her to have been abused because she was seeing a trained therapist each week (independent from the school) who was in contact with her therapist at home.  

So I agree with you OzGirl that having professionals in contact with the kids as much as possible alleviates the chances of the kids being placed into a situation where they can be taken advantage of or procedures written which could put them in harm’s way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »
This is why many are not convinced that there are any systemic problems with abuse in the industry.  The schools are staffed with people who are dedicating their careers and lives to helping children, whether they are degreed or are in the process of getting their degree.  Many staff members move on after a few years to go back to school to further their education, private practice, further training and if they had witnessed any abuse or systemic problems these would have been reported.

In the case of my daughter, it would have been very difficult for her to have been abused because she was seeing a trained therapist each week (independent from the school) who was in contact with her therapist at home.  

So I agree with you OzGirl that having professionals in contact with the kids as much as possible alleviates the chances of the kids being placed into a situation where they can be taken advantage of or procedures written which could put them in harm’s way.

This pro-program propaganda is being brought to you by an industry shill who used his own daughter as an advertising tool to fatten his wallet. A man who would sell out his own daughter would surely sell out your kid.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »

This pro-program propaganda is being brought to you by an industry shill who used his own daughter as an advertising tool to fatten his wallet. A man who would sell out his own daughter would surely sell out your kid.

I read somewhere that his daughter did really well and the school helped her turn her life around and she ended up finishing school and going on to college.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
I read somewhere that his daughter did really well and the school helped her turn her life around and she ended up finishing school and going on to college.

Industries have nothing to do with treatment as they only serve to make kids compliant through abusive tactics[/color].

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 11:31:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""

Industries have nothing to do with treatment as they only serve to make kids compliant through abusive tactics[/color].

Check some of the individual schools and ask about their policies towards discipline.  If they are not in line with your families beliefs then choose a different school.  I don’t believe in all of the “tough loveâ€