Author Topic: Staff Replacements at Aspen  (Read 6064 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Staff Replacements at Aspen
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
Aspen's looking for staff with credentials. Getting their ducks in a row in case the GAO takes a closer look at them?

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=company%3A ... ROUP%22&l=
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:50:27 PM »
Straight out of the 'doomed to backfire' department. The reason they hire people without credentials is not only for the low wages they can pay them, it's also for the fact that someone with a real background in social work and psychology might blow the whistle on the whole thing.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Staff Replacements at Aspen
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:07:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Aspen's looking for staff with credentials. Getting their ducks in a row in case the GAO takes a closer look at them?

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=company%3A ... ROUP%22&l=

No, it will not effect the GAO investigation.  They look at all the past records and snap shots of who was working during any problem periods they find or uncover.
These are just normal business postings.

Nice post!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:14:10 PM »
Why the sudden need for credentialed people?  Why the lack of them before?  Christ, dontcha just love the spin on this shit??  First, Who says they don't need to be licensed, credentialed, accredited.  Now, when it looks like people are getting upset about the lack of qualifications, Who can run around touting all the great changes that are going on and how much they're all improving.   Where was all the concern a while back?  Where was all the concern when kids started talking about what really went on behind closed doors?  Y'all didn't give a shit then, but now?  Now???  Sure, now that the GAO has[/b] gotten involved, suddenly you guys are running around hiring 'qualified' people.  Shame on you.

Why have there been so many unlicensed, unqualified whackos taking care of these kids?  And PLEASE, for the love of all that is right and decent, do NOT start these inane business comparisons.  Dealing with troubled kids (whether or not they even ARE troubled is up for debate also) is NOT akin to selling a fucking car.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Anne. You know it's pointless; why persist?

Trying to get TheWho to say anything with any meaning is like trying to tame a squirrel.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Why the sudden need for credentialed people?  Why the lack of them before?  Christ, dontcha just love the spin on this shit??  First, Who says they don't need to be licensed, credentialed, accredited.  Now, when it looks like people are getting upset about the lack of qualifications, Who can run around touting all the great changes that are going on and how much they're all improving.   Where was all the concern a while back?  Where was all the concern when kids started talking about what really went on behind closed doors?  Y'all didn't give a shit then, but now?  Now???  Sure, now that the GAO has[/b] gotten involved, suddenly you guys are running around hiring 'qualified' people.  Shame on you.

Why have there been so many unlicensed, unqualified whackos taking care of these kids?  And PLEASE, for the love of all that is right and decent, do NOT start these inane business comparisons.  Dealing with troubled kids (whether or not they even ARE troubled is up for debate also) is NOT akin to selling a fucking car.

Calm down, Anne, that conversation was about teachers…… i.e.  the majority of teachers in private schools and universities are not licensed and don’t need to be.  Licensing is a requirement for public school teachers not private schools or Universities.

Therapists have always been required to be licensed (the hiring requirements haven’t changed) and even if they were not it isn’t going to fool the GAO investigation because the GAO reviews a “point in timeâ€

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:30:32 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""

Calm down, Anne, that conversation was about teachers…… i.e.  the majority of teachers in private schools and universities are not licensed and don’t need to be.  Licensing is a requirement for public school teachers not private schools or Universities.

Therapists have always been required to be licensed (the hiring requirements haven’t changed) and even if they were not it isn’t going to fool the GAO investigation because the GAO reviews a “point in timeâ€

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
Anne, you misquoted TheWho - what he said was even more damning -

No they dont.... There is no law that says teachers need to get a license....... most professionals dont bother to get licensed unless they are going to work for the state or working independently.

He said MOST PROFESSIONALS don't need to be licensed.

Oh well, another day, another Who contradiction. What a colossal waster of time.

CAPTCHA - leadership dummy

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Anne, you misquoted TheWho - what he said was even more damning -

No they dont.... There is no law that says teachers need to get a license....... most professionals dont bother to get licensed unless they are going to work for the state or working independently.

He said MOST PROFESSIONALS don't need to be licensed.

Oh well, another day, another Who contradiction. What a colossal waster of time.

CAPTCHA - leadership dummy

If you lumped all the professionals i.e. teachers, engineers, accountants, ... you would see that the majority are not licensed and dont need to be.  The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state.  The vast majority of professionals work in the corporate world which , for the most part, dont require their employees to be licensed.

Hope this clarifies

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »
If you lumped all the professionals i.e. teachers, engineers, accountants, ... you would see that the majority are not licensed and dont need to be.  The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state.  The vast majority of professionals work in the corporate world which , for the most part, dont require their employees to be licensed.

Hope this clarifies

Yeah, it clarifies that you're a soul-less dickhead.

Therapists!!   Remember, we're dealing with kids who are going to be DEADINSANEORINJAIL!!!!   We're not talking teachers, janitors and engineers.  We're talking about people who get inside kids' heads and fuck around with them.  I'd want that person to be at least a little qualified to do so, but that's just me.

What a fucking asshole!  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:40 PM »
If you lumped all the professionals i.e. teachers, engineers, accountants, ... you would see that the majority are not licensed and dont need to be. The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state. The vast majority of professionals work in the corporate world which , for the most part, dont require their employees to be licensed.

Hope this clarifies

yes, alan - it does.

I'm just posting it again, so when the time arises, we can use this contradiction again. (even though the entire statement is flase - the majority of professionals work for corporations???) um, I don't think so - you can get that info from the government, i won't waste my time.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »

Hope this clarifies

Yeah, it clarifies that you're a soul-less dickhead.

Therapists!!   Remember, we're dealing with kids who are going to be DEADINSANEORINJAIL!!!!   We're not talking teachers, janitors and engineers.  We're talking about people who get inside kids' heads and fuck around with them.  I'd want that person to be at least a little qualified to do so, but that's just me.

What a fucking asshole!  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Wow!!  you are ripping mad today!  What going on?  Its an exchange of ideas, take it easy.

The conversation that quote was taken from (if I remember correctly) we were talking about teachers and whether or not they needed to be licensed (and I said they did not,in the private sector, and not sure you were part of it Anne). This lead to a braoder discussion of all professionals.   Psychiatrists, psychologists etc. need to be licensed, I beleive this applies in every state.  I dont think there was ever a disagreement here.  The therapist my daughter saw at ASR was licensed.  I can not speak to all schools, but that was my experience.
My daughter also went thru some testing while at SUWS and this was also performed by a licensed professional therapist with the state Virginia.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 02:22:16 PM »

Wow!!  you are ripping mad today!  What going on?  Its an exchange of ideas, take it easy.

I'm not pissed, just on a roll Alan.

The conversation that quote was taken from (if I remember correctly) we were talking about teachers and whether or not they needed to be licensed (and I said they did not,in the private sector, and not sure you were part of it Anne). This lead to a braoder discussion of all professionals.   Psychiatrists, psychologists etc. need to be licensed, I beleive this applies in every state.  I dont think there was ever a disagreement here.  The therapist my daughter saw at ASR was licensed.  I can not speak to all schools, but that was my experience.
My daughter also went thru some testing while at SUWS and this was also performed by a licensed professional therapist with the state Virginia.

Well great.  I'm glad at least someone got seen by a qualified person.  That's usually not the case.  Kids are shipped off, very often, on just the parents word alone.  No diagnosis from a credible doctor, just exasperated parents.  Then when they get there, they're 'treated', very often, by former inmates of the same institution with really no other qualifications than that.  Again, we're talking about fucking around inside someone's head.  A teenagers head.  There had BETTER be qualified people to do that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 02:26:16 PM »
Anyone else notice him doing a complete 180?

Sorry Who, but there's been too many QFT's done on your earlier posts for anyone not to know how you argued against licensing. Don't pretend like you care now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 02:35:59 PM »
The conversation that quote was taken from (if I remember correctly) we were talking about teachers and whether or not they needed to be licensed (and I said they did not,in the private sector, and not sure you were part of it Anne). This lead to a braoder discussion of all professionals.

wrong, alan.

I brought in the xample of teachers to refute your claim "most professionals don't need to be licensed." See, you said it right here!

if you look at all the teachers that abused kids over the past decade 99.9 % of them were licensed professionals, is that suppose to make us feel warm and fuzzy about the licensing process?

here is the link where alan (thewho) says MOST PROFESSIONALS DON"T NEED TO BE LICENSED!!!!!

http://http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23843&start=40