Author Topic: OMGWTFBBQ I fucking found my retarded graduation tape!  (Read 3963 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
OMGWTFBBQ I fucking found my retarded graduation tape!
« on: November 11, 2007, 06:35:40 AM »
There I was, trying to locate my God Ween Satan tape, and it was just sitting there, on top of my shelf of cassettes, collecting what appeared to be about twelve years worth of dust.

So I says to myself, I says: "Holy shit, this is too good, I gotta pop this fucker in and see what's on it."

So here it is, the track list for the RMA graduation tape: circa 1989. (I know some of you have asked about this in the past.)

1. A Place for Us - Yentl Jew

2. The Greatest Love of All - Some guy, not Whitney

3. He Ain't Heavy - Neil Diamond

4. To Dream the Impossible Dream - whoever the guy was in the original broadway production of Man of La Mancha

5. I Want To Live - Someone who obviously didn't want to live *too* much, or he wouldn't have gone jaunting off in his poorly modified experimental airplane.

6. A Little Good News - Anne Murray

7. My Corner of the Sky - the guy from Pippin

8. I Am I Said - Neil Diamond

9. Imagine - pompous, arrogant fucking hippie John Lennon

10. I've Been This Way Before - Neil Diamond

11. The fantastic voyage song. ("Gonna exchange my things for precious wings and fly".. that one) Does anyone know what the title of this fucker is, or who sings it? I googled parts of the lyrics and didn't come up with SHIT, which is unheard of in this day and age of the interwebs. Not like I care one way or the other who it is, but I am a FUCKING COMPLETIONIST, and it drives me crazy that I don't have this for the track list.

12. The Rose - Bette Midler

13. Chariots of Fire - Vangelis

14. Gonna Fly Now (Rocky's Theme) - Bill Conti

15. Fame - Irene Cara

16. Pachelbel's Canon (graduation song) - Johann Pachelbel (duh)

17. One Moment In Time - okay, now Whitney.. crack is wack, yo.

18. "Your" song, whatever that is. The one they played in the summit when they rocked you like an infant. Mine was "Forever Young" by Joan Baez

19. Chariots of Fire... again? Not sure why that is... but it's on there twice.

and no, listening to it does not freak me out. It's just stupid.

Okay, well, listening to "Gonna Fly Now" made me a little queasy.

Now I am off to listen to Ween. Big black betty... little spanish eddie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:05:24 AM »
Is. Whitney. Houston unnaceptable now? All that propheet music makes. Me want to smoke crack with her.....the road is long and littered with rap requests....I,ve seen fire and i,ve seen rain and mud pies. At the kootney

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »
holy shit, I totally forgot about the kootenai mud pie.

As for me, I am more of a cream pie fan, myself.

And.. that link is free of bugs. Those guys are straight up decent. I've ordered pr0n from them before, and my email has never been pimped out once. Best pr0n EVER!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »
5. I Want To Live - Someone who obviously didn't want to live *too* much, or he wouldn't have gone jaunting off in his poorly modified experimental airplane.

OMG -- Thank you for the great laugh.   "Graduated" in 1987.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 07:31:37 PM »
somewhere in this mess of threads is a list of every propheet song and all the wierd john lennon primal scream iandme summit music. If the search database would work correctly I could find it. But remember that fucking Kenny g all the time. That cheezy saxophone and all the slow house music? by the time i was in summit i wanted to destroy every tape they had.
Pachabel's canon and louis armstrong's version of "whatta wonderful world" are still the songs that have no OTHER association for me other than Rma. And I can't even stand the opening bars of either.

some say love it is a razor...that's right - get in touch with your suicidal tendencies

bans motherfuckers.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Mark
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
Is the title of this thread ohmygodwhatthefuckbarbeque?

just curious.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Mark
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:04:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Question""
Is the title of this thread ohmygodwhatthefuckbarbeque?

just curious.

yup.

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 07:49:57 PM »
Oh my God.........that fucking music.

Let's see.............1980.  Okay, we had to listen to Christopher Cross over and over again.  Puke!

I remember this big fat bitch, brown hair, that led exercise class.  We had to listen to "I believe in love" by some country hick.  John Lennon's "Just like starting over."

What about the jazz dance class we had to be "invited" to?  PUKE!

John Denver's "I want to live."  Which is funnier then shit, as he was a major drug addict before he crashed his plane.

Mainly, it was Christopher Cross over and over again.

Off topic........THE SUCKY FUCKING FOOD!  OMG that stuff was horrible!  I was ever so pleased with the damn kitchen burned down because we got food brought in from town.

:cry2:

P.S. Bill Valentine can take his jerk off appology and shove it up his ass.  He knew right from wrong.  Fuck him. :evil:
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 09:49:04 PM »
I need an invitation to Jazzersize like  I need a 40 grit cow cushions slowly sandblasting and whitling me into submission in the pit.

Offline stina

• View Profile
Re: OMGWTFBBQ I fucking found my retarded graduation tape!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
11. The fantastic voyage song. ("Gonna exchange my things for precious wings and fly".. that one) Does anyone know what the title of this fucker is, or who sings it? I googled parts of the lyrics and didn't come up with SHIT, which is unheard of in this day and age of the interwebs. Not like I care one way or the other who it is, but I am a FUCKING COMPLETIONIST, and it drives me crazy that I don't have this for the track list.

This is the song I was asking about!!! Remember when we were talking? I even tried to sing it for you really badly. I actually really love this song and have never found it since.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 11:02:56 PM »
Quote from: ""stina""

This is the song I was asking about!!! Remember when we were talking? I even tried to sing it for you really badly. I actually really love this song and have never found it since.

Well...

I have it on tape. I can transfer it to PC and convert it to an mp3 if you want.

Yeah, I've never had such an innocuous, happy song creep me out so much.  It's even creepier because of how happy it is. Kind of like that rape scene in a clockwork orange, since he is singing "singin in the rain" the whole time.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 11:13:40 PM »
Quote from: ""stina""

Well...

I have it on tape. I can transfer it to PC and convert it to an mp3 if you want.

Yeah, I've never had such an innocuous, happy song creep me out so much.  It's even creepier because of how happy it is. Kind of like that rape scene in a clockwork orange, since he is singing "singin in the rain" the whole time.

I don't know what to tell you, I simply love that song. I haven't heard it in a while, so maybe I'll get the creepy thing now, but YES! Please send me that song.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »
god, i dont know how you guys remember that stuff.  i must have gone totally schizoid there cause i swear i stored all that info in like different littel hidden places in my mind....  

i remember thinking over and over at cedu 'this isnt really happening, this isnt really happening, its all just a bad dream, it'll be over soon i swear, 2 and a half years cant last forever.'

this makes me hate my life.  i am not sure how to reconcile my feelings of rage with my need to rebuild my relationship with my dad before he dies!  i hate that he is the one who sent me to them in the first place... that i had no choice in this.  fucking bullshit man.  

hey have you guys seen running with scissors?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running with Scissors
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 03:25:17 PM »
Alia, I saw it. Read the book, too. Liked book better. Pretty Wild. Also read his book Dry.

Somehow the movie didn't gel as well as the book. It would take some pretty deft crafting to pull all those discordant elements into one cohesive film.  Too man crazies. Need one thread of sanity to make sense of it all.

On another topic, forgiveness:

You know--it was horrible they sent us, but... I know my folks had NO idea what was going on. They were under the mistaken impression that:

1. CEDU was a school (I dropped out. Ironically, I am a teacher now, teaching Am Lit and Shakes.)

2. CEDU individuated treatment.

3. That it promoted emotional growth.  (That raps were positive peer pressure. Supportive group therapy)

4. It was a lovely bucolic setting in the woods.  (hey, the one true thing!)

5. Our family therapist who referred us knew wtf she was talking about and would never refer us to an abusive hellhole.

Once warehoused, the CEDU Hospitality Committee served us all a heaping glass of koolAid and the rest is history... nah, we didn't die physically. Our spirits just did a little Jim Jonesing.

But it does help me to know that the information just wasn't available then. That they were scared and felt they failed me.  They not only failed me as parents, but failed to protect me from certain things. Or maybe they just hated me for reminding them what f&*^ ups they were as parents.

But anyway, all this in mind, except the last statement, helps me forgive. Not be bitter. All I know was that a lot of bad things happened right before I left, and it probably scared the shit out of them.

I had two years on you.... I couldn't IMAGINE being 14. Two yrs makes a big difference as a teenager.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 12:52:05 PM »
Why did I like the movie better?

Well, let's see, it took less than two hours and after that I took a long nap.

You know the best part of the movie?  NO reading.

That's stolen from a standup comic I heard on the sirius satellite radio comedy channel last week. I couldn't resist.

On a serious note, our parents were completely bamboozeled by CEDU. Mel  / CEDU had such exceptional mastery of manipulation and mind control that they pioneered the TBS concept.