Author Topic: Villa Santa Maria  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« on: November 11, 2007, 04:20:52 AM »
http://www.villasantamaria.org

The first rule states, "We must know where you are at all times." In order to keep children safe, we must always know where they are. A child cannot be outside of an adult's eyesight without explicit permission.

The second rule states, "You have to ask for everything you need or want." We help children learn that by verbalizing their needs, they are more likely to have them met by an adult. Self parentified behaviors, common in children with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), prevent children from learning that their care is an adult's responsibility. This focus provides continuous opportunities for children to discover that the staff at the Villa consistently respond to the child's need at the time.

Beyond these two rules, everything else is negotiable with the exception of closeness.

The FUCK!!

nap time

(ARE THEY ACTUALLY INSTITUTIONALIZING KIDS YOUNG ENOUGH TO NEED IT, OR ---)

Children who do not trust the care of others are taught through daily living that they will be taken care of.

I'm sorry. This Anonymous simply doesn't have the stomach to adequately explain exactly what is wrong with this and why. I also am not in the mood to discuss a certain fetish, and how this place strongly relates to that fetish. I think most of you know what it is by this point. Extra credit to whoever names it.

To make your mind shift gears without the clutch: The troll in the other thread was discussing sending a violent 14-year-old to this place.

IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK IN FICTION, FOLKS.

Excuse me while I pay my homage to the Porcelain God. ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »
Remember Exhausted? That link totally flipped her lid. The quotes from the "therapists" involved in it are absolutely sickening. If you do this to your kids or pay someone to do it for you, you ought to be electrocuted, no two ways about it.

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Remember Exhausted? That link totally flipped her lid. The quotes from the "therapists" involved in it are absolutely sickening. If you do this to your kids or pay someone to do it for you, you ought to be electrocuted, no two ways about it.

Where's TSW when you need him?
Pitbull Mom

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »
He's having an extended holding session with a Thai hooker.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »
Some Attachment Therapy is downright quakery and dangerous, IMO.  Thanks for the link!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »
Looks to me like this is WHY he needs to go bang some asian whores.

I could probably stand to go do some rounds at bars in asia myself.

Oh great guru Gookie, will you take me with you?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »
"SOME" is?

Could you kindly give us an example of "some" that is not?

It's like saying some water is wet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 07:30:24 PM »
Sure, here is an example of one of the better therapies used with children who suffer from an attachment disorder:

Dialectical behavior therapy or DBT.

Developed by Dr. Marsha Lineman.

An example of quackery and/or voodoo-therapy IMO would be:

So-called "Holding" therapy such as the kind used that killed Candace Newmaker.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »
While we can go back and forth on whether "attachment disorder" really exists, the dialectical behavior therapy is decisively NOT marketed as "attachment therapy" (AT), and if Dr. Lineman were asked if she were an attachment therapist, she'd probably say hell no.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »
While we can go back and forth on whether "attachment disorder" really exists, the dialectical behavior therapy is decisively NOT marketed as "attachment therapy" (AT), and if Dr. Lineman were asked if she were an attachment therapist, she'd probably say hell no.

First of all, it's Marsha Linehan.  IIRC, DBT is a psychosocial treatment that was developed primarily as a treatment for BPD (borderline personality disorder).  I have heard of it being used for children with an attachment disorder, as well, though I have no idea what Linehan's position on that would be.

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 11:11:54 PM »

First of all, it's Marsha Linehan.  IIRC, DBT is a psychosocial treatment that was developed primarily as a treatment for BPD (borderline personality disorder).  I have heard of it being used for children with an attachment disorder, as well, though I have no idea what Linehan's position on that would be.

from her website:

BT Resources: What is DBT?  Login  
Quick Links and Downloads  
• DBT Frequently Asked Questions  

Dialectical Behavior Therapy at a Glance  
In the late 1970s, Marsha M. Linehan (1993) attempted to apply standard Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) to the problems of adult women with histories of chronic suicide attempts, suicidal ideation, urges to self-harm, and self-mutilation. Trained as a behaviorist, she was interested in treating discrete behaviors; however, through consultation with colleagues, she concluded that she was treating women who met criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). In the late 1970s, CBT had gained prominence as an effective psychotherapy for a range of serious problems. Linehan was keenly interested in investigating whether or not it would prove helpful for individuals whose suicidality was in response to extremely painful problems. As she and her research team applied standard CBT, they encountered numerous problems with its use. Three were particularly troublesome:
1. Clients receiving CBT found the unrelenting focus on change inherent to CBT invalidating. Clients responded by withdrawing from treatment, by becoming angry, or by vacillating between the two. This resulted in a high drop out rate. And, obviously, if clients do not attend treatment, they cannot benefit from treatment.
2. Clients unintentionally positively reinforced their therapists for ineffective treatment while punishing their therapists for effective therapy. In other words, therapists were unwittingly under the control of consequences outside their awareness, just as all humans are. For example, the research team noticed through its review of audio taped sessions that therapists would “back offâ€
Pitbull Mom

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 02:03:19 AM »
Bump for disturbing content.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 02:49:54 AM »
Bump for psychobabble gibberish. Anyone care to translate because from what I gathered this Linehan lady sorta figured CBT blew ass for her patients and she tried something else, but I have no clue what that something else is.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Villa Santa Maria
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 02:52:27 AM »
Quote from: ""Pitbull Mom""

Where's TSW when you need him?

Finished with my hand holding session. You called?