Author Topic: New PV VIDEO Don't BELIEVE the HYPE!  (Read 8619 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New PV VIDEO Don't BELIEVE the HYPE!
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »
I have a fiduciary duty which prevents me from speaking in any specific terms in this area and can only comment on information which is first made public by either party involved, this could be misconstrued as “Tippingâ€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
Quote from: ""asldjslajd""
I can understand your desire to share your experience at PV, it was probably horrible and there were a lot of things about my experience that were horrible-I was there for three consecutive years from when I was 13 to when I was 16.  It gave me a pretty distorted upbringing, the field staff in my opinion are not qualified to do their jobs.  It really isn't going to help me to dwell in that or feel sorry for myself.  Life really does go on.  Living in those conditions should make you a much stronger person.  I just know that there is no way my children will ever experience anything like that.

I can understand that, but should it continue to happen to other kids, whose parents don't know what they're sending their children into?

Living in those conditions could result in a dead person.  Catherine Russe will never be the same physically after her stint in PV - she'll have life-long debilitating problems after contracting E. Coli in the program.  She nearly died from it.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »
Quote from: ""asldjslajd""
It really isn't going to help me to dwell in that or feel sorry for myself.  Life really does go on.  Living in those conditions should make you a much stronger person.  I just know that there is no way my children will ever experience anything like that.

That's great.  Mine won't either, but thousands of others will unless those that have been through it speak out.  Kudos to Zen and all the others who have the courage to do so.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Kreflo

• View Profile
help wanted
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
Mad migration of PV staff happening right about now.

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Re: help wanted
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
Quote from: ""Kreflo""
Mad migration of PV staff happening right about now.

It does appear as though PV recently lost one of their long term clinical directors from that latest edition of the Voice...

Quote from: ""Chelsea C""
i know someone usually post this but I didn't see it here yet

http://www.peninsulavillage.org/Village ... 202008.pdf

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile