Author Topic: New PV VIDEO Don't BELIEVE the HYPE!  (Read 8715 times)

Offline Kreflo

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
New PV VIDEO Don't BELIEVE the HYPE!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 11:23:33 AM »
i saw that.,....fuckin bullllllshit... ugh made me so fuckin mad! :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
Bloody revolting...it's enough to put you off your food, ain't it?
The first scene of two people sitting on a dock, before the video had even started, not a chance that would happen.  All of that propaganda is even more farcical to me, I'm reading over the records of my step daughter's stay at PV.  (With her permission - don't let's start....)

Settle, I have to agree with that good gentleman in New Jersey - please, don't read your records.  The records are a meticulous day-by-day accounting, very clinical and often PV's spin on events.   If I were looking for a way to cause a person to recall events more clearly, to regress their memories, these records would do it.  I don't think you want to go there, it's way too soon for you and my step daughter.  Lock them away for twenty years until all this has passed is my advice.  You'll be back in STU in your mind if you start reading your records.

I'll call in a bit, I'm still skimming through the records and experiencing the same disgust and nausea your friend did while reading your files.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PV Movie
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
PV is working HARD to set themselves apart from the rest of the teen torture industry.
I thought they just celebrated their 20th anniversary and now they claim to be operating for TEN YEARS? WTF?
I feel really sorry for any parent or kid who would see this movie and think that is what REALLY goes on at PV. Why is it okay for them to lie repeatedly for so many years and get away with it? I was abused by PV staff, clinicians, and Covenant Health for many months. How many more people will be fooled by PV before they are stopped?

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Fradulent Advertising
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »
Thanks for posting the link.
It was hard to watch but I am glad I finally get to see what the individuals who dictated my child's abuse on a daily basis look like.
It IS scary to think people may watch this and believe it. Those of us who have lived the truth know a VERY different story about Peninsula Village.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
I wonder how many PV detainees ever get to ride those canoes? And what's the source of those statistics about how well their grads do? Would that be the survey of 150 hand-picked ex-inmates that we read about earlier?

Funny they forgot to mention the young murderer they had awhile back. Or the staff counselor with the racy bondage photos on her myspace page.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I wonder how many PV detainees ever get to ride those canoes? And what's the source of those statistics about how well their grads do? Would that be the survey of 150 hand-picked ex-inmates that we read about earlier?

Funny they forgot to mention the young murderer they had awhile back. Or the staff counselor with the racy bondage photos on her myspace page.

agreed
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 06:37:26 PM »
What, you mean these surveys?

Hmm...Let's see...a three year database, alumni discharged from six to three years.  125 surveys sent out, 41 surveys or 33% were returned, and that's what they base their "success" on.  Piss-poor showing by anyone's standards, but what about the 67% who couldn't be bothered?  How does PV decide who's an alumnus, anyway?  I imagine PV neglected to send out surveys to those kids who were "ill fits" for the program.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »
Is this video business a desperate bid to separate PV from those "other" programs, or is business falling off like a leper's limbs?

"You know, some people might sort of envision it as this sort of boot camp, prison kind of place, and it's probably the furthest thing from that,"[/i] - Dr. Brian Ameel

Oh, no, why would the average punter think that, dude?  The description of STU left out some key details, like it's a level 4 lockdown.  You'd think they'd brag about PV's ability to battle outbreaks of gastrointestinal viruses like E. Coli and Norovirus.

Come now, gentlemen, ye seek to polish a turd.  Those cool infomercials don't cover the reek coming from your porta-toilets or the screams issuing from STU.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:11 PM »
quote from a PV survivor on another site.

"I did not Know this site was here until I randomly bumped into someone I was in PV with 15 years ago and Googled Peninsula Village. I don't know what to think really. I was put there after someone that I made friends with in another psych ward committed suicide. We both had good insurance and we both were overmedicated. I was on 120mgProzak 2700mgLithium and 80mg dezippermine at the time I went to PV. I survived,got out, quit school (because the credits didn't transfer the way we were told and instead of being a year ahead, I was a year behind) went to work, and I am a successful contractor. My friends suicide haunts me to this day. I think about the helpless horror we were put through everytime I see a drug ad. It sickens me to see the photos on PVs website. I'm not saying that I didn't benifit from my experience there. I did. But that is because of me , not PV. If photos were taken of some of the stuff I saw I doubt they would have many admissions. I am glad to know that people are out there to talk to. My experiences scarred me in a way that I do not really know how to address. I have not and will not talk to "professionals" and mainly just try to forget it. But my friend was 15 and had his whole life ahead of him. No child anywhere should be given that much medication. It really can damage lives forever. The psych ward @ Duke where all of it began was closed, renamed, and the entire wing of that hospital is not recognizable anymore. I was 14 years old on all of those drugs and was warned that if the treatments did not work one of the options was electroshock therapy. If you got to know me then or now you would see how absolutly ridiculous that is. I am a good person and always have been. No one deserves to be treated like that. And whoever wrote that should try a couple days of my dosage and see how it feels. Sane or not you wont be right for a while. As far as PV is concerned, It was not all bad. But it is designed for inconsistancy. The requirements to work there are low and some of the people who have worked there have no business being there. It is a profitable business preying on parents that don't know what to do. Surviving it made me stronger but has also produced issues in me that are hard to deal with as an adult."

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »
BUMP
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »
maybe the fornits movie mogul needs to make a movie about PV?

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
maybe the fornits movie mogul needs to make a movie about PV?

Maybe the mogul could interview survivors from all of the centers featured on fornits. We could call it "Teens In Crisis, Decades Later." Then people could see how spread out across the board the abuse actually is. Basically the same model, just under another name.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 09:40:25 AM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
Maybe the mogul could interview survivors from all of the centers featured on fornits. We could call it "Teens In Crisis, Decades Later." Then people could see how spread out across the board the abuse actually is.

Good idea....a sort of parallel to "Help At Any Cost," but on the screen instead of in a book.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »
If you were going to do something, you would of done it already. You are all just a bunch of whiners.