Author Topic: Bonding  (Read 1591 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Bonding
« on: June 23, 2003, 01:35:00 AM »
I still have a hard time bonding with women.  When I graduated the program, most of the girls were either dorks, or they were full of it and I harbored alot of resentment for the shit they had pulled during their programs.  As far as dating, that was out of the question, seeing how I did not have a car.  I did have the one girl pal that I knew in school and rode horses with and stuff, but that was pure friendship.  I missed out on the guy-girl permissions and crap that came later. My first real date came a short while after I had gotten my car.  She was a fixer-upper that a buddy knew from school.  She was Irish Italian and still in school and really sweet.  I learned the hard way the limits some girls will go to to keep a boyfriend happy.  They had changed my shift at work unexpectedly, but I had promised to take this girl to the beach.  We went, and I was so damn tired, I lay down on the blanket and went to sleep.  I wound up sleeping for 5 hours, and that poor girl lay next to me reading a book, afraid to wake me up because she did'nt want to make me mad.  I wound up with 2nd degree burns on the backs of my legs and she wound up in the hospital with sun poisoning.  I felt so bad about it all that I did'nt date for like a whole year afterwards.  As far as Straight girls go, there was just no way.  All the good ones had been snapped up by the guys who had rich daddies, and the ones left were just a real drag. I did however have an undercover clandestine relationship with a girl Staff Trainee from Seminole.  That was a real trip for certain!  I mean on weekends I would hang with the gang, and Straight girls were the last thing on our minds.  We would do the Mid-nite Movie Express, hold up at stoplights and shoot bottle rockets at the front windows of redneck bars, just to see the hillbillies run out and cuss at us and general hell raising, but then during the week, I had this deep caring friendship with a girl from the "Enemy Camp."  It was really crazy.  I saw her in 1987 at Tyrone Mall after a 5 year absense.
I was with a girl from my neighborhood and this old Staffer picked me out of the crowd.  Her face lit up like a Christmas Tree and she was really happy to see me.  Sadly, she was due to go into the Air Force or Navy that coming summer.  I never saw her after that.  Even though she was closer to me than any other girl I knew from the program, I could not bring myself to bond.  There was something wrong with me.  I could feel it alot of times, yet did not know what it was.  Almost a year to the week I last saw her, I had my life changing nervous breakdown.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Bonding
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 07:02:00 AM »
I couldn't wait to get out of the program and start dating.  There were several girls I wanted to get with.  

Before Straight I was extremly shy around girls.  And for a while after I got out I was pretty secure.  But one day I asked Jenny Bowers out and she turned me down cold.  Brrrr!

My self esteem went right out the window and I had trouble around girls ever since.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Bonding
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »
I'm about to give you some advice I should really take myself...

Don't let a few bad experiences in life make  you unable to ever trust. You'll miss out on happiness if you do. Living life in fear holds you back from living. I should know, I do it all the time.

L I V E  :smile: (it's good advice)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Bonding
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »
I think it has a bit to do with supply and demand. Most people can trust their families. No matter what, your family will always take you in and never do anything to really harm you. Add to that that most people have some typical kinds and numbers of friends. So they only need so much out of a romantic relationship. If it doesn't work out or doesn't work out exactly as planned, it's not the end of the world.

Most of us started out with a distinct disadvantage in that area. It's hard enough to find good friends in this world. So much more so if they sense that you're very needy and dependent.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-- F. P. Jones

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
Bonding
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »
Greetings Don,

Gotta agree with you about the dating thing.

Before I was trapped in there, I had been dating a beautiful, drop dead, sweet blonde  ::kiss:: (brunets and redheads are great, too!

- - - -Don't get mad at me ladies, I know you love you're hunky boys, too.

Anyway, someone higher than myself in the program who was on 4th phase, told everyone of this fact.
The fact that I had sex, and not been married.
17 - big shock.
Was I supposed to feel guilty about this?
Wish I could remember his damn name.

" . . . he had sex - but the're not married!"
It turned out he was a past wannabe druggie "friend" of mine.

I actually didn't even know his dumb ass, he simply went to the same  :smokin: HIGH :smokin:  school.

I too had a HUGE CRUSH on a few of the girls, and I think they knew it.
Playing baseball in Richardson Texas, we had quite a few activites that weren't allowed.

Amanda Arnold and Dawn something.
They were both really sweet, and were just waiting for a way out - like myself.
We had a few interactions that staff wouldn't have appriciated! :eek:
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Bonding
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »
Heximar  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bonding
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 10:25:00 PM »
Heximar

What/who is that?