Author Topic: Fornits Cloting Line  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:41:49 PM »
Hi, I am curious about how this started.
Who came up with the idea to start selling stuff here?
Are the models people involved in advocacy?
Do a lot of people buy the stuff?
Where does the money go?

Also, let me recommend that you sell clothing made from hemp
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
BuzzKill came up with the idea. So far, we haven't sold all that much. Couple of those Autumn Fairy mugs and one of the Forced Treatment mugs. I think these things have to be timely.

The money will go to help defer the cost of running the server. Same as the ad money and any donations or any other income. If you want to pitch, I just put a nice fur jacket into the bottom banner rotation. You can buy it and 10% goes to the fornits (after ebay and any transaction fees) and/or you can offer an item for sale under the same terms. The art work is mostly Buzzkill's and her daughter's but you can go right ahead and create something yourself. Just put fornits into your tag list for the item and it'll turn up there in the banner. If you sell any, you get 10% and fornits would get 7%
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 10:41:53 AM »
where is the stuff?
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:09:31 AM »
yes hemp highly reccomended. i bought some hemp jeans, tshirts and jacket last year and it's hard for me to put on cotton now. cotton is inferior

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 02:01:07 PM »
where can i get some of this?
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 01:19:47 AM »
Ya know, I started out this head trip investigating industrial hemp. I'd seen something in an issue of High Times probably back in.... `90 or so? Man, back then, I was still so innocent/shell-shocked I actually got very paranoid just purchasing a copy from the local convenience store. When I read about industrial hemp I thought what most mainstream and/or programmed people thought; 'Yeah, right!'

So, a couple of years later, I was trying to get involved in something meaningful, interesting, challenging and totally unrelated to the Program. Plus I was trying to break into website hosting with no money or other resources but a $600 2nd hand computer, which it took us some months to pay off. I picked industrial hemp as a topic. I figured this was the furthest thing from Program culture. Back then, I just assumed that most Program people were like my family, hooked on the kool aid for life. and I honestly was piqued. I wanted to know if it was for real or not.

Having done enough research to satisfy my own sense of reason, I concluded that industrial hemp is more legit than 99 99/100th% of what passes for environmental and socioeconomic science today. It also led to a broader interest in drug policy in general, which led me very quickly back to Drug Free America Foundation, the Semblers and, eventually, to the booming Troubled Parent Industry.

As de dawg chases his tail, here I sit makin argument with the tar baby.

I'm not entirely sure that the Fornits readership will buy hemp products. Untill a whole lot of farmers wake the fuck up and just start looking out for themselves, mom, apple pie and the American Way that they love to shake their fists and scream about and start growing the shit enmass, it's just too expensive and too marginalizing a product for general consumption. But I'm getting about sick and damned tired of those sanctamonious pussy boys anyway.

Where can I find a company that will partner w/ fornits the way zazzle or amazon does so I can give it a try?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 06:05:09 AM »
Where can I find a company that will partner w/ fornits the way zazzle or amazon does so I can give it a try?

You may wanna post this again in the Web Forum Hosting section.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:32:26 AM »
Quote from: ""The Fornits""
As de dawg chases his tail, here I sit makin argument with the tar baby.

:rofl:  :rofl: .. just caught that..

Offline happy

• View Profile
fornits clothing line
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
I'm in. I will design the logo! This is a great idea. Where are the farmers? I know wholefoods carries some hemp products?
he important thing is to NOT stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them. - Lady Bird Johnson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: fornits clothing line
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 09:51:39 AM »
Quote from: ""happy""
I'm in. I will design the logo! This is a great idea. Where are the farmers? I know wholefoods carries some hemp products?

Howdy, ma'am...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
http://www.hemp-sisters.com/
http://www.soul-flower.com/
http://www.rawganique.com/
http://www.dashhemp.com/
http://www.goodhumans.com/
http://www.grassrootsnaturalgoods.com/

my personal fav (although most expensive):
http://store.hempest.com/catalog/

try all these places. there all run by and for hippies, and i'm sure once informed most of these hippies can/will get behind the fornits cause.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
i cant say it's very marginalizing. most people dont even know what hemp is. but, if you simply educate people and instead of paralleling hemp with marijuana, you give them the other facts, you'll get a good customer base.

hemp is:
1. untill cotton, most people made their clothes out of hemp when expensive fibers like wool or silk were unavailable. to this day, a vast majority of people in this world wear clothes made from hemp. america and western europe are the only odd ones out.
2. sails and rope were all (and often still are) made of hemp.
3. the original jeans - the very first pair of levi's - were made of hemp - and continued to be untill the hemp ban in 37'.  
4. mercedez-benz uses hemp for most of their interior paneling.
5. the founding fathers grew copius amounts of it. (and the smokeable kind to ;))
6. Hemp lasts nearly forever. if you buy a t-shirt now, chances are you're going to be able to pass it on to your great-grand kid in practically the same condition you bought it in - exept a little faded.
7. hemp will not smell. the structure of the fibre prevents mold and bacteria from growing on it, and neutralizes many bad odors...and it's hard to stain. this translates into you having to do laundry much less often yet remain clean.
8. it will keep you warm in the winter, cool in the summer. unlike cotton, which every hiker will tell you does the exact opposite.

i can go on forever.

i think the only negative thing about hemp is that it's HEAVY. one hemp shirt weighs as much as 5 cotton shirts (and does the job of 10 cotton shirts) yet it still keeps cool in the summer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 01:06:20 PM »
i have a hemp rug and is kinda smelly when it gets wet!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »
thanks for the info and links! voice

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Cloting Line
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
and lemme guess..it's in the bathroom? it probably sits in it's own puddle of water for hours. put anything in a super humid environment and it'll grow mold eventually....especially if it's surrounded by existing mold as is usually the case in bathrooms. plus, i bet it's been sitting there for a long time, and you havnt washed it properly. once mold takes over a fabric it's hard to get rid of it, since it's littlered with spores. hemp doesnt completely prevent the growth of mold & bacteria. it slows it down and makes it harder for it to take hold and infest the fabric. i wore my fleece/hemp jacket out in the pouring rain last week, even though i was soaked i was still warm with it being 45 degrees out. then i didnt even bother to dry it out, just hung it up like a lazy bastard. when i pulled it out 2 days later, all of my cotton sweaters in that closet smelled like crap yet the jacket - the cause of the humidity - was fine. it even has a bit of that "fresh rain" kinda smell without any moldy or sweaty smells. i do bet though that if i left that jacket in a puddle of water in the bathroom for a week it would grow mold...eventually.