Author Topic: Reminder, Senators and Congressmen are reading your stories  (Read 1552 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Reminder, Senators and Congressmen are reading your stories
« on: October 30, 2007, 10:28:19 AM »
Quote from: ""wdtony""
I just wanted to put up a little reminder that Allison Pinto of ASTART has sent the wiki-site with survivor stories to congress to read. If anyone wants to add a story here, it might make a difference. Apparently all congressmen/congresswomen have been sent this link to peruse at their convenience. A short story of an occurence would probably be better than what I wrote seeing as how congress don't like to read too much.

Here is the website in case some of you don't have it:

http://endinstitutionalabuse.wikispaces ... /list/home

pass it on,
-T

Thanks for posting this wbtony
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
Well, well, well.  Isn't that cozy?

Why are survivors not organizing themselves?  Don't they see how they are being exploited by a special interest group like A-Start?  It's bad enough CAFETY aligned themselves with A-Start but neither ISAC nor HEAL (the other survivor-led advocacy groups)  has.  You have to ask yourself why.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:30:04 AM »
No I really don't have to ask why. It is pretty obvious why Astart hasn't aligned themselves with Isac or Heal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »
Why?

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »
I really couldn't care less why unless some good reason beyond the infighting and hollow accusations that get thrown around are given. I saw Mrs.Pinto's testimony and it was pretty damn genuine. If ISAC has said something against ASTART or Mrs.Pinto I'd love to hear it but I'll leave blind speculation for some other time.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 01:31:19 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I really couldn't care less why unless some good reason beyond the infighting and hollow accusations that get thrown around are given. I saw Mrs.Pinto's testimony and it was pretty damn genuine. If ISAC has said something against ASTART or Mrs.Pinto I'd love to hear it but I'll leave blind speculation for some other time.

Yes, the Synanon style accusations against cafety have no meat. Sadly, they’ve sharp edged bones that mutilate reality.

The Cafety survivors are pilloried as having a “secretâ€

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 01:58:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Why?

Neither Heal or Isac have made any comments regarding compromise.