Author Topic: IMPORTANT!!!! PENINSULA VILLAGE GRIEVANCES 2004  (Read 2495 times)

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
IMPORTANT!!!! PENINSULA VILLAGE GRIEVANCES 2004
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:51:52 PM »
http://http://web.archive.org/web/20041207195002/www.peninsulavillage.org/p1-f.html

Back to TopSHELBY A. BOWERS, B.S.
Coordinator, Professional & Alumni Relations

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Mary Washington College

Other:
Ms. Bowers has been with Peninsula Behavioral Health since 1996, initially working with the adolescent program at Peninsula Hospital. She transferred to the Village in 1999 to work as Admissions Representative. Ms. Bowers worked in the admissions department until 2000, at which time she became the Aftercare Coordinator.

As the Coordinator of Professional & Alumni Relations, Shelby is responsible for the marketing services specific to the Village (working in collaboration with the Peninsula Behavioral Health Marketing Director), maintaining relationships with referral sources, enhancing the programming offered to alumni of the Village and working with the Fort Sanders Foundation on activities that support both Peninsula Village and Peninsula Behavioral Health. Shelby also serves as a member of the Continuum Leadership Team at the Village and on several other committees, both at the Village and within Peninsula Behavioral Health. Originally coming to Peninsula in 1996 as a program counselor, Shelby has held several other positions within the organization, including team leader, case manager, admission representative, aftercare coordinator and assumed her current position in August of 2003. Shelby lives in Knoxville with her husband Danny and their three children, Kenney, Ashlyn and Jamie.

On Staff at Peninsula Village Since: 1999

I found it really interesting that when I was going back in Peninsulas archives, I had forgotten about Bowers until now. I remember her face. She is the woman who did the investigation when I reported a grievance. Interesting that Shelby is responsible for the marketing services specific to the Village.
The grievance was that I had thought that they had damaged my jaw and wrist in a restraint.
Hmmmm.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:58:18 AM »
Wow.. I've done many a restraints in my time and never manage to mess a kid's jaw and wrist. That must have been some wing ding of a good old time.

When you filed the grievance could you take it higher up the ranks if you didn't feel the situation was adequetely resolved?

not that I suspect that is the case..

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:26:09 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
Wow.. I've done many a restraints in my time and never manage to mess a kid's jaw and wrist. That must have been some wing ding of a good old time.

When you filed the grievance could you take it higher up the ranks if you didn't feel the situation was adequetely resolved?

not that I suspect that is the case..

I believe filing a grievance (as a patient) at PV was a waste of time. I saw many filed in my time in STU. It was up to individual staff on duty to process the complaint. Some may have made it up the ranks, but I saw quite a few go into the garbage can.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »
not all to surprising. I suspect that is par for the course for most programmes.

A good item for you tards insisting on regulation is for all grievances to go directly to a third party advocate to ensure they are being processed properly.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »
We had no other option. This was it.  :o
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 10:57:01 AM »
Hey, Settle - for the benefit of those unaware of the protective cocoon PV has, what hospital checked you out for your jaw and wrist?  Who owned the hospital?
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »
i never went to any hopsital..... some Xray tech ccame to the unit and did Xrays there.. If the dude was even legit, he was from Peninsula Hospital.
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »
Quote from: ""SettleForNothingLess""
i never went to any hopsital..... some Xray tech ccame to the unit and did Xrays there.. If the dude was even legit, he was from Peninsula Hospital.

Did X-rays in the unit??  Damn.

How easy is it to cover-up injuries when you've got your very own hospital with a vested interest in concealing abuse?  Let's see, Peninsula is under Parkwest Medical, and then there's Methodist Hospital.  PV is well-covered by it's enablers.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 12:50:02 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""

Did X-rays in the unit??  Damn.

How easy is it to cover-up injuries when you've got your very own hospital with a vested interest in concealing abuse?  Let's see, Peninsula is under Parkwest Medical, and then there's Methodist Hospital.  PV is well-covered by it's enablers.

hell ya they do
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FYI
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 09:55:50 PM »
Post subject: Local News Doing Damage Control for PV

http://www.covenanthealth.com/coldfusio ... t_ID=19542

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 10:23:42 PM »

ok that is interesting.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""

ok that is interesting.

UHH.... YAAAAAAAAAA.....durr... :o
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 11:37:17 PM »
lols.. smart ass..

What I should add is the following question:

Did all medical issues get resolved on property?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 11:42:12 PM »
ya pretty much except one girl had a seizure and they took her in an ambulance... idk which hospital they took her to, but one of the staff stayed with her at all times....
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 01:18:12 AM »
Next question.. quality of care.. Do you feel your medical needs were properly attended as well on property as it might have been in a proper hospital/clinic off the property?