Author Topic: Shepherd's Hill Farm- Martin, GA  (Read 9589 times)

Offline Charly

• View Profile
Shepherd's Hill Farm- Martin, GA
« on: October 28, 2007, 06:55:38 PM »
Anyone know anything about this place?  It is "Christ-based" and looks really horrible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:49:34 PM »
Choose a Program Especially for Your Teen
Choose a Program
Bonneville Canyon Retreat
Cedar Breaks Academy
Clearview
Glacier Mountain Academy
Gravity Matters
High Top Ranch
Integrity House for Girls
Resolution Ranch
Shepherd’s Hill Farm
Sorenson’s Ranch
Stonesoup School
Thayer Learning Center
TLC Summer Boot Camp
Shepherd's Hill Farm
Shepherd’s Hill Farm (SHF) is a co-ed therapeutic Christian program for troubled teens ages 13-17. This outdoor residential therapeutic program and school, located in Georgia, lends itself to an atmosphere conducive for learning and growing spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Program Description
At SHF, therapy is not something that is reserved for an office. Therapy is done everywhere and all the time. Thirty full and part time staff members are trained to look for “teachable momentsâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »
They use a variety of proven therapeutic strategies, straight from the bible, to challenge faulty thinking and encourage positive changes in students’ behavior.

Some programs hide their abusive qualities to the point that some parents might be forgiven for not seeing it in advance.

This one... not so much.

If you can't see the problem here, give up any pretense of being a parent and eat a gun.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Search by Independent Fundamental Baptist Boarding Schools
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 02:52:42 PM »
I did a search with this search subject and it lead me in the back door to a bunch of these Christ-based programs.  I am a Roloff homes survivor, and know from personal experience that these places are hell on earth.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »
here's your 1st clue.

"therapeutic Christian program"

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:34:06 PM »
At SHF, therapy is not something that is reserved for an office. Therapy is done everywhere and all the time. Thirty full and part time staff members are trained to look for “teachable momentsâ€
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 03:31:03 AM »
they are a member of something called the christian camp and conference association. These guys look like a trade organisation for regular camps and churches.  Does anyone know if they also have strong links to the industry. There is a chance they don't know about the industry
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 04:55:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Well, Jesus was a carpenter too, but it didn't exactly make him what he was, being the son of god did.

Though to be honest I respect the dude more for being a carpenter than the supposed son of god.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
http://shepherdshillfarm.org/faq.html

What kind of kids have been treated at SHF? ODD (Oppositionary Defiant Disorder), ADHD/ADD, anger-management, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, behavioral disorders, phobias, at-risk youth, struggling and troubled teens, emotional issues, learning disabilities, psychological problems, special needs, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, physical disorders, abuse, depression, negative peer culture (gang membership, etc.), and disciplinary problems.

Who cares for the residents at SHF? Agape counselors, administrators, teachers, therapists, psychiatrists, social workers, lay members.

How can I receive information on and keep in touch with my child? SHF progress reports, telephone calls and conferences, visitation, SHF newsletter, contact with staff, and e-mail.

Is SHF a non-profit organization? Yes, SHF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your tax deductible contribution may be sent to the contact address on this website.

How much does it cost to send my child to SHF? Expenses start around $58,900 per resident/per year (plus the varying costs of medical and special psychological services). This includes all lodging, education, food, entertainment, and hands-on therapeutic discipleship for one full year. SHF currently employs nearly two staff members for each student on campus. This is to adequately minister to the student needs of each student with the highest degree of efficiency.

Can my child receive a scholarship to attend the Discipleship Camp at SHF? Yes, scholarships are sometimes available via the SHF scholarship fund.

What if I can't afford to send my child to SHF? SHF offers Sallie Mae educational loans to parents. Please visit www.slmfinancial.com for more information. Our school code is 606160.

What religion/denomination does SHF adhere to? SHF is an interdenominational parachurch ministry. It is designed to be a tool used by the church to meet or bring individuals into a non-threatening environment conducive to lifestyle evangelism and discipleship for the purpose of building, strengthening, and expanding the Kingdom of God and the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical condition of every student.

What type of security is at SHF? Agape counselors protect the children from physical, emotional, verbal, sexual, and spiritual abuse. 24-hour supervision and support is provided by these able and devoted mentors.

Who teaches the residents? Will they receive a quality education at SHF? SHF's private junior and senior high school, Shepherd's Hill Academy, is fully accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission. All teachers who teach at SHF must be state certified and board approved. Shepherd's Hill Academy meets the course requirments of the state of Georgia's Quality Core Curriculum.

Where is SHF located? SHF is nestled in the rural town of Martin, Georgia, located in the low foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains of northeast Georgia. Martin is approximately 85 miles northeast of Atlanta.

Emergency services? SHF has a full-time resident nurse and therapist on staff. All staff are first-aid and CPR certified. Additional certifications include Wilderness First Response. SHF also has 911 accessibility.

What makes SHF so successful in changing the lives of kids? We believe that foremost it is the surrendered lives of our staff to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. The Bible is abundantly clear that God honors the lives and desires of those committed to do His will. The kids are engaged in God’s love, training, and discipline 24-7 by those committed to His will and ways. Modeling Christ’s character is of utmost importance.

How do kids survive in cold weather living in the woods? All shelters built by the kids are equipped with wood burning stoves. Everything we do here is action vs. consequences. Cold weather is a great motivator for kids to keep wood chopped and stoked. Emergency procedures are followed for extreme weather conditions.

Can boys and girls attend SHF who are not Christian? Of course. Biblical principles for raising kids aren’t limited to only those who label themselves “Christian.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Shepherd's Hill Farm- Martin, GA
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 02:15:02 AM »
Hi,

I am a former student and survivor of Shepherds Hill Farm.  The place is definitely hell on earth with tons and tons of abuse going on, or at least while I was there.  I am going to return when I have more time and tell my story and list the abusive things that have happened.  I just found out about this website, a friend of mine apparently put it on here.  I also just found out about ISAC and will be contacting them, hopefully they can let me know if I have a legal case.  
I will also update the wiki for SHF extensively when I have time.

SHF robed my family of all their money and my fathers (now deceased) life insurance policy even.  I hope that ISAC can help me save some children from being abused by the Trace Embry and his goons and worshipers.

Thanks and thanks for making a website like this. :cheers:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 02:53:53 AM »
Why did you go to Shepherd's Hill Farm?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 02:59:20 AM »
I also just found out about ISAC and will be contacting them, hopefully they can let me know if I have a legal case.

Contact Angela Smith from HEAL, she is an attorney.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 03:50:09 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"

I was a student at a boarding school in Stone Mountain, GA called Gables Academy.  At the time Gables Academy and Shepherds Hill Farm were connected.  The owner owned SHF and sent his trouble students and ones he couldn't handle to SHF.  Of course if the parents wanted and had the hefty $58,900 annual tuition.  One of the counselors  Gables never liked me much, and one day near the end of the year I was sitting outside with a couple other students when said counselor and the pe teacher walked up.  I heard the counselor that did not like me say to the teacher "hey watch this." he walked up to me and hit me in the temple with his flat fist.  The other students and teacher pulled him away and I went inside.  The next day the counselor begged me not to tell anyone as he would lose his job and his life and would be ruined and broke down crying.  A short while after I was unexpectedly sent to SHF.  As soon as I got to SHF, Gables cut ties with SHF and no longer had anything to do with them.  I was at SHF for a little over 2 years..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:39 AM »
Quote from: "yahar"
Quote from: "Guest"

I was a student at a boarding school in Stone Mountain, GA called Gables Academy.  At the time Gables Academy and Shepherds Hill Farm were connected.  The owner owned SHF and sent his trouble students and ones he couldn't handle to SHF.  Of course if the parents wanted and had the hefty $58,900 annual tuition.  One of the counselors  Gables never liked me much, and one day near the end of the year I was sitting outside with a couple other students when said counselor and the pe teacher walked up.  I heard the counselor that did not like me say to the teacher "hey watch this." he walked up to me and hit me in the temple with his flat fist.  The other students and teacher pulled him away and I went inside.  The next day the counselor begged me not to tell anyone as he would lose his job and his life and would be ruined and broke down crying.  A short while after I was unexpectedly sent to SHF.  As soon as I got to SHF, Gables cut ties with SHF and no longer had anything to do with them.  I was at SHF for a little over 2 years..

I should also add however that my dad wanted me to go to SHF.  He knew I had been smoking pot and experimenting with other drugs at the time, and I think he thought I was doing more drugs then I was doing or something.  I was mainly just smoking pot, he seemed to think I was a drug addict though.  He was also a priest and I did not believe in God and called myself a satanist to piss people off.  Trace is very very good with words and is an ex cop.  I believe he talked my dad into believing I needed to be there and that it was helping me. I never told my parents the things that happened because Trace and his goons let us know that our parents knew what went on and agreed to it.  Also Trace had our parents sign over parental guardianship to him and his wife.  If we ever resisted or acted out we would be severely punished with some type of deprivation of the senses or punishment of them.