Author Topic: What ever happened to...  (Read 3174 times)

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« on: June 17, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »
Reading through the various posts has brought to mind a lot of people from my days in St Pete that I haven't thought about in many, many years.  So, whatever happened to...

Clark Whickman
Pierce & Preston Kuhn
Keith Tobler
George Sullivan
Joel Fillion
Dave & Laurie Burke
Aldo & Bridgette Bollinger
Greg Armenta
Dave Lawrence
Jeff Miller
Roger Reed
Grant & Richard Gerber
John & Scott Kantner
Loren Markel
Bob Selinas
Pat Cuniff
Ray Conejo
Ralph Hernandez
Alan Harshman
Greg Junkenz
Bob Cody
Chuck Haag
Shaun & Lowen Dibble
Dave Phirman
Robert Schlecht
Mike & Mark Mead
Pete Mauer
Bill Kellerman
Andy MacDonald

Mark Newton (Staff)
Dave Crock (Staff)
Dave McAdams (Staff)
Doug Hemminger (Staff)
Carrie Hoepner (Staff)
Chris Cassler (Staff)
Kathleen Wynne (Staff)
Jim Sailor (Staff)
Charles Pendergrass (Staff)

[ This Message was edited by: gduncan on 2003-06-17 11:41 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »
David Crock is living in Treasure Island Florida.  Works for the Florida Children and Family Services.

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »
I remember lots of those names.  I even know where some of those people are now.  I was in St. Pete '78 - '80.  email me at [email protected] for more details.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
What ever happened to...
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »
On 2003-06-17 11:39:00, gduncan wrote:

"Reading through the various posts has brought to mind a lot of people from my days in St Pete that I haven't thought about in many, many years.  So, whatever happened to...

These ones landed up in Sarasota:
Jeff Miller -- Short guy, curly auburn hair? I think he 7th stepped. Nice guy, as I remember. I hope he's happy and prosperous with about a half dozen kids who'll never know what it's like to be in Group.

Doug Hemminger (Staff) -- Name rings a bell.

Chris Cassler (Staff) -- Grandma said not to say anything at all if you can't say anything nice.

Charles Pendergrass (Staff) -- Ditto

-----
Pat Cuniff -- Wasn't in Sarasota that I recall. I got email from him once in the early stages of planning the first conference in 2000. He wanted nothing to do with a party that was all about criticizing the Program. I have no idea if he's pro-program or just vehemently pro-being-over-it.

Andy MacDonald -- Would LOVE to hear from this guy and get the behind the scenes story of being the drug czar's son. Probably never happen, though.

A free people ought...to be armed...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> George Washington, 1790

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 09:34:00 PM »
Whoa....who is asking, cause I bet I know you?
I saw Clark Wickman in 1987 at Burger King in Temple Terrace...he was working as a lawn guy.
The Kuhn's....saw Preston once a long time ago.  Clark was hanging with Pierce for a while.
Bob Cody lives in Tampa, hanging in there according to his sister Twyla, who I bumped into with their Mom a year or so ago.  Mom and Twyla still live in the same house in Baycrest.
Beady eyed Mark Mead....wonder what became of him...
I went to Mark Newton and Tracy Atkins wedding in 1983.  Never seen or heard from since.  Heard they broke up soon enough. Miller loved having a split off at the wedding...LOL
One of the Pritchard boys died stealing a bottle of wine.....
Every name on your list rang a bell.  I hadnt thought of tall skinny Aldo since 1981.  The Dibbles were little short guys right?
I cant remember if it was Ray Conejo or Ralph Hernandez whose dad always made me think of Ricki Riccardo in the open meetings.  Emotional Cubans are usually memorable.

Jim Sailor trolls the board occasionally.  He was a good guy to me most of the time, and is a staffer I hold nothing against.
Bill Hadley
St Pete & Atlanta
12-80/12-82
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
What ever happened to...
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 06:55:00 AM »
Bob Cody lives in Tampa, hanging in there according to his sister Twyla, who I bumped into with their Mom a year or so ago. Mom and Twyla still live in the same house in Baycrest.

Hey Bill,
     Was Bob Cody kind of short, blonde hair always tan?  For some reason although I was never a part of that group the same rings a bell. Was he on Staff? Could it be that he went to Cincinnati on a start over?  I'm just trying to figure out how I know this guy.  
 You can e-mail me privatly if you want. [email protected]

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »
Bill- We might have known each other.  E-mail me at http://www.bwibooks.com/contact5.php?d= ... e&l=Duncan
I seem to remember Tracy Atkins having a couple of sisters in the program as well as a cousin from Canada.  I think Ray and Ralph were cousins.  I lived with the Dibble's briefly when I first made second phase.  They lived in a mobile home and I remember being in the bedroom and looking out the window and seeing a movie- they lived near a drive in theater.  I, too remember Jim Sailor being a good guy.  He was always fair with me.

[ This Message was edited by: gduncan on 2003-06-18 04:58 ]

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »
I ran into Joel when I was living off Pinellas County Rent Assistance back in 1991.  We were both enrolled in a vocational rehabilitation center for people that had suffered from a disableing mental condition.  Like me, Joel is a manic/depressive, but he is more even keeled than most.  He had better connections than I did and was awarded his SSDI benefits back in late '91.
Now the Joel that I am refering to had brown hair and a hare-lip.  Is this the same guy?
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »
oh my god, don't get me started on Joel Fillion. Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jdcarlson

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »
I was there....
I think I was anyway....
J.Dee Carlson

Offline jdcarlson

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
erik??? its me j.Dee

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
We must have been in around the same time. I was there from Oct of 80 thru 82 and around some in 83. I hung out with Tracie Atkins' sisters Leigh & Lisa as a 7 stepper. Lisa and I burned our 7 step cards together. They had a younger sister, Pam who was also in the program.Pam & Leigh both had to do refreshers. Lisa's program was long & brutal though. Something like 26 months. She misbehaved for ages. Carved"Highway to Hell" up her arm. God was she funny. Last time I saw her was in 83. She was running around with Bob Evans. He and his step brother Mike K amouski were in the program too. I'd not heard that Mark & Tracie married. Someone on here recently said that Kathleen Wynne married Pierce or Preston. And I think Pierce was on the boards recently. Funny, I've been trying to remember Bob Cody's last name for months now. Thanks. He was short & blonde with the most perfect white teeth. We used to call him Hollywood. He dated my sister in law in 1983. I heard Tom Burnett married Roxy and they moved to Dallas. Ralph Hernandez. I went to the Strawberry Festival with him in 83. Last I heard Clark was working Yucatan Liquor Stand in the late 80's or maybe even early 90's. I vaguely remember Keith. How about Gina D& her sisters Gina M & Danielle M. Ever hear anything about them? Gina D was on staff briefly. She used to get me out of group  just to get me out of group and give me a break.And Carrie Hoeppner I remember. I think she was the only person to ever do the program in the fabled 6 months. She was always nice. And of course the dreaded Wanda Minton. I'm always hoping for bad news about her. Awful I know but what a monster.
Pickle I think I remember you too. When were you there?

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=william+blake' target='_new'>William Blake

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline jdcarlson

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
I think that I was in Pam's house. She had family in the program.
she had a cat.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
I was in Straight Inc. in St. Petersburg and Atlanta in 1980-81. I just punched in to search the name on a spur of the moment. I never expected to see all the interest in this thing. Other than the lawsuit when they were on 60Minutes back in 1983, I haven't heard much about it.Sometimes I tell someone about the whole experience, like when I'm trying to relate to someone who has experienced trauma in their life. They Look at me incredulously, but believe me because they know I don't lie or make up stories. It was all so surreal.I've tried to forget about that whole episode in my life because I can't live with anger and victimhood.
Back then, my name was Jack Bowen(In another life-time, it seems).I wish you all well.Peace.
[email protected]

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
What ever happened to...
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
Amazing when you first find this. Just when you thought you had it buried good. Don't be surprised if those old memories intrude for a while. You can always unload here. At least here everyone knows what happened and knows it's not your fault and you are not crazy.

Welcome Jack.

Marcia

A drug is neither moral nor immoral - it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole.
--Frank Zappa

traight Incorporated is a disease