Author Topic: Important! Wierd Happenings at CEDU schools.  (Read 7674 times)

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Important! Wierd Happenings at CEDU schools.
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »
Let's list the things that we personally know of that happened at our BCA, CASCADE, CEDU (RS), RMA, and all the other spin off schools that are surprising and "couldn't have happened anywhere else"

The bizarre, the deviant, the rumors that need clarification and unchartered or detailed accounts of the Place. I'll start:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
In 1991
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
I heard something that needs clarification. If possible I'd like to know more details, or at least understand HOW this could happen:
Rumor has it (from a little sister source) that soon after I "GRADUATED" from that special environment a new kid ran away. (I'm afraid this isn't an isolated incident) he was successfully picked up by a logging vehicle with a male inside, presumably driving it, the RMA escapee gets in. The child is raped by the man.

When he returned to RMA (as soon as you think you're out, they pull you back in) he did go through the legal process of bringing criminal charges against the assailant.

RMA "assisted" him in dealing with the obvious emotional fallout from such an occurrence.                        

All of the above is hearsay, and I only heard about it this week. It sounds like a real nightmare and my heart goes out to this boy (in this case) who not only went through this assault (Castle, no pun intended you sicko), but if they suffered from the emotional fallout of dealing with their traumas under the guise of CEDU therapy.

That is one thing I would like to hear more about. If it's true that there were filings made, even though the victim was  a minor at the time, confirmation of the facts can be attained.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
SUICIDE memory
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 10:08:56 AM »
In the late summer of 1988, there was a very serious or successful suicide attempt on the RMA campus.  I believe it happened in the "field house". It was covered up, and that kid disappeared. I want to know what really happened. Isn't there a dorm head or an ex staff out there who remembers this incident.

If you have any similar information from more recent years, please feel free to post here.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
1987 or six or so PS
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 10:15:55 AM »
One of my older brothers (rumor has it) refused to see one or both of his parents when they came up for one of the quarterly visits. They flew up and he was mean to them and sent them packing.
The airplane crashed, killing members of his family as they returned to [California, presumably].

Needless to say CEDU in Idaho was ready to take on the surrogate parent role. Did they help him with his emotions because of such a sequence of events? Could they fairly do so, and were they equipped to do so? What a terrible thing to have happen.

Please tell us more about this.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
Mushrooms and cow poop
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »
On a lighter note:
Did any of you whackjobs really eat what you thought were psillicibis cubensis or whatever the hell- Magic mushrooms or other drugs while at CEDU or wherever?
In my first year, one friend tried to get me to eat morning glory seeds with him, but I'd never tripped in reality, I wasn't ready for that kind of freakiness yet.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 or six or so PS
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 11:08:15 AM »
Quote from: ""blownawaytheidahoway""
One of my older brothers (rumor has it) refused to see one or both of his parents when they came up for one of the quarterly visits. They flew up and he was mean to them and sent them packing.
The airplane crashed, killing members of his family as they returned to [California, presumably].

Needless to say CEDU in Idaho was ready to take on the surrogate parent role. Did they help him with his emotions because of such a sequence of events? Could they fairly do so, and were they equipped to do so? What a terrible thing to have happen.

Please tell us more about this.

I checked, it was just his dad, maybe stepmom. But his mother is alive.

Penn

That is one thing I would like to hear more about. If it's true that there were filings made, even though the victim was a minor at the time, confirmation of the facts can be attained.

You should be able to have access to the Bonner County court house's records department. Most places have them accessible via internet, but I could be wrong. Even if something isn't brought to court, the filings should be available with at least the Sheriff's department.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 11:21:01 AM »
blownaway

the covered up suicide attempt in the field house?
male female? do you know who it might have been?

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
Records relating to minors
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
Any police or court records relating to minors will be difficult to obtain.  If an attorney is representing the minor child, then he/she (the attorney) can see the records for his/her client. Sometimes you can reach a sympathetic or chatty police officer who will speak in generalities. But especially with minors who are victims (vs. perpetrators) the records are hard to obtain.

Reporters are sometimes better sources for this type of information.

AuntieEm

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
Re: Mushrooms and cow poop
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 08:13:51 PM »
Quote from: ""blownawaytheidahoway""
On a lighter note:
Did any of you whackjobs really eat what you thought were psillicibis cubensis or whatever the hell- Magic mushrooms or other drugs while at CEDU or wherever?
In my first year, one friend tried to get me to eat morning glory seeds with him, but I'd never tripped in reality, I wasn't ready for that kind of freakiness yet.

I knew people who copped for gathering what they thought were psilocybe spp. but so far as I know noone was brave enough to actually eat them. When I was there the most common way of attempting to get wasted was the nalgene homebrew method. People were stealing bakers yeast from the kitchen and using it to ferment ( I don't know what the must was, maybe juice from the breakfast bar?) some sort of brew in thier footlockers.  People also copped to bringing real shit onto campus when I was there.

I never tried any of this, and I'm not sorry I didn't. That place would have turned any intoxication into a paranoid nightmare.
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mad

• View Profile
1994 student suicide at RMA
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 09:02:10 AM »
The suicide of Jon Avila was fairly well-covered by the press in the Northwest.  I name him here because his name has appeared in several newspaper articles already.  His parents had stayed at RMA for several days after his death and spent considerable time talking with students and staff in an effort to absolve their guilt.  No suit was ever filed.

http://www.isaccorp.org/cedu/rockymount ... uicide.pdf[/code]
n the road of experience...

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: 1994 student suicide at RMA
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »
Quote from: ""mad""
The suicide of Jon Avila was fairly well-covered by the press in the Northwest.  I name him here because his name has appeared in several newspaper articles already.  His parents had stayed at RMA for several days after his death and spent considerable time talking with students and staff in an effort to absolve their guilt.  No suit was ever filed.

http://www.isaccorp.org/cedu/rockymount ... uicide.pdf[/code]

This wasn't Avila. It happened in 88 or 89. I can't remember which.

We were told it was an attempt, Idaho speculates that there was a possibility it could have been successful.

Due to the fact that the Avila case was made public, I doubt that the attempt was successful, or we would have heard about it.

If it was successful, one possible scenario for the discrepancy would be that this kid was discovered by staff, while John, I believe, was discovered  by another student. No matter how brainwashed the kid, they are still going to talk to their peers about it.

This is merely idle speculation. Occam's Razor tells me that it was an attempt only, but the second scenario could be likely, too, just not as much so.

All I know is, he was in voyageurs, one day I saw him, and the next day he was gone... tried a bunch of pills. (Have no idea where he got them or what they were. Red flag.) Rea makes an announcement before raps, but people already know that he was kicked out for trying to kill himself. As such, Rea doesn't  bother re-hashing what had happened, and starts off his lecture by saying ""We WILL NOT have crazy people at this school!"

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »
that would have put him very close to my peer group. i don't recall this

I arrived at RMA 2/1/88

castle - do you remember any more details?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 07:08:05 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
that would have put him very close to my peer group. i don't recall this

I arrived at RMA 2/1/88

castle - do you remember any more details?

Nope, that's it. He wasn't here very long. Maybe not even a month.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 07:10:22 PM »
do you remember that french dude 'basil'?

he was off the hook

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
do you remember that french dude 'basil'?

he was off the hook

I think I remember him, but I don't remember what he looks like. He was a student, right?