Author Topic: Pink elephant moment (no, no screaming apes).  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Pink elephant moment (no, no screaming apes).
« on: October 23, 2007, 01:32:35 PM »
Therapy, Doctors, and what have you.... treat until the problem is fixed. If someone NEEDS treatment they only force it as much as is necessary to keep them alive. If its is voluntary, it only goes as long as the person can benefit from treatment for a real problem AND they're willing to seek that treatment.

Should the problem be resolved or they decide they don't want help anymore, it stops.

On the other hand, programs, or to make a new lingo to be specific a "duckfarm" keeps them until they complete the program. Not until anything is fixed, if anything is wrong at all.

Why is that? How is that justified? How is the isolation and confinement and coercion and lack of any say-so justified in this situation at all?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Dr.Zaius

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:16:22 PM »
Speak for yourself...

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Pink elephant moment (no, no screaming apes).
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:36:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Therapy, Doctors, and what have you.... treat until the problem is fixed. If someone NEEDS treatment they only force it as much as is necessary to keep them alive. If its is voluntary, it only goes as long as the person can benefit from treatment for a real problem AND they're willing to seek that treatment.

Should the problem be resolved or they decide they don't want help anymore, it stops.

On the other hand, programs, or to make a new lingo to be specific a "duckfarm" keeps them until they complete the program. Not until anything is fixed, if anything is wrong at all.

Why is that? How is that justified? How is the isolation and confinement and coercion and lack of any say-so justified in this situation at all?

You have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about, Niles, that was a mess.

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
You have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about, Niles, that was a mess.

Translation:

Oh no, that's not a huge fucking pink elephant in my living room. It's actually just a cute little end table from Ikea.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »

IOW you can't think of any logical, ethical explanation for a program's practices in light of comparing it to logical, NORMAL, MAINSTEAM, NON-FUCKED UP TREATMENT.

*gasp* The concept of treating a problem! How fucking radical!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »

IOW you can't think of any logical, ethical explanation for a program's practices in light of comparing it to logical, NORMAL, MAINSTEAM, NON-FUCKED UP TREATMENT.

*gasp* The concept of treating a problem! How fucking radical!

Quote from: ""Dr.Zaius""

<bgsound>

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »
:roll:  :rofl: