Author Topic: What Peninsula Village Expects From Parents  (Read 1201 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
What Peninsula Village Expects From Parents
« on: October 14, 2007, 04:17:32 PM »
This was given to my wife by the Peninsula Village treatment team after she questioned the program's treatment methods and restraint policies:

1.   No cameras on the Peninsula Village campus.

Clinical reasoning: Patient confidentiality.

(Anyone familiar with our story knows why...my wife took pictures of her daughter being restrained and squatted on by five big goons)

2.   Any material received from Peninsula Village cannot be used in a slanderous or
demeaning manner.

Clinical reasoning: When staff and parents work together tremendous gains are made in the treatment process.

(This is in regard to posting on this forum and "Caferty", as the therapist called it.  Yeah, my wife was told to cease posting and delete all posts made about PV.  When she asked for it in writing, they dodged...)

3.   Your actions and comments need to be supportive of the work Peninsula Village is doing with your daughter.

Clinical reasoning: When staff and parents work together tremendous gains are made in the treatment process.

(That meant anywhere. No derogatory comments about PV verbally or on the internet.  If my wife and I even dreamed of talking ill about PV, we had to wake up and retract)

4.   (No negative direct or indirect collusion when it comes to the work between
Peninsula Village and your daughter.

Clinical reasoning: When staff and parents work together tremendous gains are
              made in the treatment process.

(PV is terrified of communication between parents and kids.  What is "indirect collusion", anyway, and is there such a thing as "positive" collusion?  No, that's collaboration...cooperation.  It's hard to cooperate with "treatment" after seeing the hillbilly staff put your child in a face-down restraint with a fat ass hunching on each limb, simply for trying to follow her mother, not trying to harm herself or others or do grievous harm to the property.  Bastards.)

5.   Any objections or disagreements with Peninsula Village should not be discussed
In your daughter’s presence, but rather discussed openly with your family therapist.

No freedom of speech at PV.  One negative word can shatter six months of "therapy")

6.   After such requests are met and there is a demonstration of consistency on your
end we will reassess your direct involvement in our work with your daughter.

It is hour hope that you will be able to be directly involved in the family therapy process and that we will be able to work together in the best interest of your daughter.

My wife agreed, and yet the treatment team refused to resume family therapy with her daughter.  When my wife called the PV family therapist to find out why she still couldn't see her daughter despite agreeing to the absurd "guidelines", she was told "We can't be sure you'll actually follow them".  I heard it on the tape again the other day, it still makes me want to laugh and vomit.  They didn't know what to do about me, being a step parent.  PV wasn't used to step parents who loved their step kids and had solid relationships with them.  They tried to dismiss me, but I was very vocal about my step daughter's abuse at PV.

My wife didn't see her daughter for almost six months, and we only got to see her after it was clear she was leaving PV.  It took two lawyers grilling opposing counsel and questioning the validity of the placement, causing the whole scam to crumble and custody to be restored.  We got to see our girl walking out of PV after spending over six months in STU, the lockdown facility.  That memory is vivid in my mind - I couldn't believe I was seeing her, and she was free of the hellhole.  It was two weeks before Christmas, what a great present for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:48:33 AM »
Bump
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »
bump