Author Topic: The hearings have started, watch the hearings  (Read 26350 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The hearings have started, watch the hearings
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
You have a lot of preconceptions about Buddhism (and religion in general) that you keep trying to get me to conform to.  Quit. Isn't it professionally unethical for you to be posting your crap on here?

No, this is Who's MO. Derailing threads he'd rather parents not read. If he can engage you or anyone else is senseless debate over the price of pork in China or how autos are made in Japan, he knows the reading audience will get board and stop reading the thread, especially when he can keep it going for page after page.... all in the name of 'free speech'. More like free program advertising/propoganda.
Ignore it, or c/p it into a new thread and address it there till the cows come home.

Oh, real nice, blame me again....... I can take it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOA
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »
Deborah

Write to the GAO and share your knowlege. You are very articulate and knowledgeable. They can use all the help available.

I called Miller's office twice this morning.  There were two deaths in WWASP that I know of. I want to know where WWASP is all of this exposing of abuse "camp"

WWASP was not mentioned.     Miller knows about WWASP.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
NATSAP wants regulation, huh?  Then why didn't they ask Congress for it a long time ago?  They had to be dragged in and immediately took a defensive position.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Prez
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
George Bush is not some dopey little pawn that let off his leash every once in a while.  The facility that I was in years ago has continued to operate because of much assistance from the Prez and others like him.  After several documented accounts of abuse he alligned himself with Roloff Evangelistic Enterprises and helped them to keep their doors open time after time.  He does not give a rats ass about protecting kids from abuse, and anyone who thinks he does is severely misinformed.

I'm surprised that Bush senior never sent George W to a program to help him deal with his cocaine habit.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »
Jan Moss, executive director of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, a trade group, said many kids have been helped by residential treatment programs.

She said the industry was taking steps to improve. "Clearly we still have a very long way to go," she said.

That is a pretty loud and clear admission of just how unethical and ineffective this industry is.

What's the deal on Jan Moss (Spring Ridge Academy) anyway? She divulged that her nephew was abused in an offshore program. Which WWASP program was it?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2007, 08:51:56 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I'm surprised that Bush senior never sent George W to a program to help him deal with his cocaine habit.

He did. We call it "The White House".

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »
Yes no doubt George Miller has ensured that a new era of regulation, unenforcable by the US government, will sweep across the land.

YAY....

Someone give me a ring when the push for a Youth Civil Rights Ammendment is getting proposed.

Overall nice to see Natsap pimp slapped even if it will waste money, time, and resources. Now we can all look forward to rescueing more children from these licensed regulated facilities in the future.

bottom line:

We at least will get some good material to use against Nutsack for the future.

Perhaps we may be able to use as leverage against programmes to fight them on an economic basis.

George Miller just scored a bunch of votes.. obviously his mission was accomplished.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

What makes you think they didn't? I've always been suspicious of that little stint "volunteering" to council inner city kids in Texas back in the, what, late `70's or early `80's?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2007, 09:46:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Wandering Waygookin""
Someone give me a ring when the push for a Youth Civil Rights Ammendment is getting proposed.

Why don't you give Miller a ring and suggest it? He and/or others mentioned several times about this being a Civil/Human Rights issue.

George Miller just scored a bunch of votes.. obviously his mission was accomplished.

Do you really think he would have worked on this for 20 some years for votes? Did you watch the hearing?
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »
Anyone want to Make 10/10 a holiday?

Or a party day?  :D

I finally saw the report, and I saw the shit on the evening news. I'm astonished. I had no fucking wild dream that this would make the evening fucking news.

We've finally come to the point that it is a matter of when, not if anymore. We have a lot of work ahead of us but their days are numbered. Children are probably already coming home and more are on the way.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex ... affil=wjxx <- 4min report on it.

I feel so relieved... its like I can sleep again. Like I could drop this forever and know it will turn out okay, even though there is still a lot I can and should do to help, that is a relief.

Psy, hit me up in YIM or AIM btw, we need to talk.

TEN-TEN FOR THE WIN.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2007, 10:49:40 PM »
here's the link for those who missed the hearing....

http://edwork.edgeboss.net/wmedia/edwor ... 101007.asx

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2007, 10:56:01 PM »
March 16, 2007

Jan Moss, NATSAP Executive Director, met with Denise Forte, Director of Education Policy, and Michael Zola, Chief Investigative Counsel on February 25, 2007. Ms. Forte is leading the research on Representative George Miller's bill, H.R. 1738. Joining Ms. Moss were Mark Covall, Executive Director of the National Association of Psychiatric Health Services (NAPHS) and Michael Barnes, Esq. DCBA Law. The purpose of the meeting was to present the recommendations of NATSAP and NAPHS to H.R. 1738.

Jan Moss and Michael Barnes also met with several of the staff of the new Education Committee and Healthy Families Sub-Committee members to introduce NATSAP and their work with Representative Miller's staff on his legislation.

NATSAP remains committed to offering the assistance of their organization and the assistance of the professionals in their membership to Governors, Legislators, and other organizations interested in the health and mental health of young people.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 11:17:30 PM »
And another....

The following is a letter from NATSAP to Shay Bilchik, President and CEO, Child Welfare League of America, 440 First Street NW, Washington, DC 20001.

Dear Mr. Bilchik,

The National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs and our members are concerned about your letter of August 11, 2005 to the Members of Congress regarding therapeutic boarding schools. While we appreciate the intent of your letter, we are concerned of the impact it may have on those programs and schools who are doing excellent work.

Your letter to the editor of the Boston Globe on “brat campsâ€

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2007, 04:05:04 AM »
if this sounds like a stupid question I apologize but what is the point of these hearings. is it to give the relevant stakeholders their "day in court" or to inform congress before a congressman comes up with a bill? What outcome is expected?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:27:21 AM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Karass

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2007, 05:09:05 AM »
If the link isn't working, you can find a torrent file and get the full video at:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/934543

File size is 276 MB
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley