Author Topic: Hyde Enrollment  (Read 11827 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde Enrollment
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »
Quote from: ""O'Leary FaKtur""
AC is a member of the NWO/illuminartii or a Reptilian or BOTH.  He is hunting me.  He is the one that publishes my thought in the aforementioned manner.  They know I am the key to mankinds defense against the Reptilian Shape Shifter.

David Ickes

Rediculous!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde Enrollment
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »
Where are the Gaulds on the witches sabbet?

IS JOE A WARLOCK?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Black Mass
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
ARE THERE BLACK MASSES AT HYDE SCHOOL?!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde Enrollment
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
::troll::   ::troll::   ::troll::   ::troll::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde Enrollment
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007, 09:31:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
By all means there can be no comparison of Hyde with a university other than to point out that the costs typically come out of pocket.

My point isn't to compare Hyde's academically to a university. However, I do contend that the same sort of winnowing process occurs in both a university as does hyde. The factors that fuel the winnowing process are completely different mind you.

again to illustrate

1000 new students go to university x... 300 graduate

100 new students go to hyde.. 30 graduate..

How does hyde stay afloat?

Nothing to do with how many graduate and everything to do with how many students they gain every year versus how many they loose. Universities and Hyde depend on a certain population level to keep their doors open. By all means don't ignore the endowments and other financial support that comes from various 3rd party organizations as well.

ps.. anyone up for trolling the wiki site?

I think that lemonparty.org link would be much better on a pro-hyde wiki.

The other difference is that when a student drops out at a university they will loose their money for that semester only and will not be obligated for the rest of the year. Hyde's con is that they take your money for the full year and will not refund it even if you drop out the first week. Hyde's administrators are scumbags and do not care about helping families as they say. They only care about enriching their pockets!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde Enrollment
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2007, 08:25:05 AM »
I wonder how many kids they take in, knowing that they will not last, and knowing that they will get the full tuition for the "trouble?"  They do not release any data AT ALL about admission linked with length of stay at Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Hyde Enrollment
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 05:47:55 AM »
Quote from: "where are the Gaulds"

IS JOE A WARLOCK?

I hear JOE is going as FREUD this year.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 12:35:59 PM »
Quote from: "toil and trouble"
Quote from: "where are the Gaulds"

IS JOE A WARLOCK?

I hear JOE is going as FREUD this year.

That id motherfucking scary

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
Does anyone know what Hyde's enrollment is for 2008/09? Is it still declining? When I attended between 1970-74, there were always between 200-220 borders, and a few day students. It can't be very encouraging for the Gaulds if after 40 years they are continuously having to scramble to fill dorm rooms. I also find it curious that although the enrollment is going down, the endowment fund is rising. Very peculiar, indeed. One would think that they would decline in tandem.

And what is it with all the investment on campus improvements. They seem to spend a great deal of money on this. Is it because they feel obligated to spend the endowment money?

Any knowledgeable comments gratefully received.

FWB

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2008, 12:28:15 PM »
Quote from: "FWB"
Does anyone know what Hyde's enrollment is for 2008/09? Is it still declining? When I attended between 1970-74, there were always between 200-220 borders, and a few day students. It can't be very encouraging for the Gaulds if after 40 years they are continuously having to scramble to fill dorm rooms. I also find it curious that although the enrollment is going down, the endowment fund is rising. Very peculiar, indeed. One would think that they would decline in tandem.

And what is it with all the investment on campus improvements. They seem to spend a great deal of money on this. Is it because they feel obligated to spend the endowment money?

Any knowledgeable comments gratefully received.

FWB

Somehow I kinda doubt enrollment numbers were ever that high 'till they started admitting girls, which was 1971 or 72, if I recall correctly (which I may very well not). Plus there was/is that uniquely high attrition rate... I've heard anywhere from 20-40%, but it was/is probably more like 20-25% unless there's a big bust that year... and that would certainly skew the actual enrollment depending on when in the year you sampled.

Probably the most reliable figures (that is, hopefully consistent from year to year, by whatever means they employ) would come from one of the more mainstream boarding school guides, such as Peterson's Guides, sadly not yet up to date on the current academic year. Here are some stats:

2004-2005: Bath - 221, Woodstock - 210; total: - 431
From: Private Secondary Schools 2004-2005 by Peterson's, Peterson's Guides Staff; Published by Peterson's, 2004; ISBN 0768913640, 9780768913644; 1512 pages

2006-2007:
Bath - 207, Woodstock - 158; total - 365
From Peterson's webpage on Hyde (specifically references the 2006-7 school year).

2007-2008: Bath - 200, Woodstock - 159; total - 359
From: Private Secondary Schools 2008 by Peterson's; Contributor Fern A. Oram; Published by Peterson's, 2007; ISBN 0768923999, 9780768923995; 1488 pages
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »
...I also find it curious that although the enrollment is going down, the endowment fund is rising. Very peculiar, indeed. One would think that they would decline in tandem.

And what is it with all the investment on campus improvements. They seem to spend a great deal of money on this. Is it because they feel obligated to spend the endowment money?...

I suspect the great push for financial acquisition may have more to do with their desire to increase the charter school program, and to expand the reach of the Biggest Job campaign. Incidentally, footprints of the latter have been showing up in fundy Christian formats. Somebody remind me to start posting about that if I don't get to it soon.

As to all the campus improvements? Hell knows. Perhaps it is something as prosaic as needing to kick back some improvements to the campuses (even though most of the funds aren't intended for them), given the source of most of that $$$. Perhaps it involves consideration for the vanity of benefactors whose names need to appear on some plaque, or perhaps some heavy contributor who owns a construction firm, and to whom "gratitude" is being expressed? Or, perhaps it is nothing more than "seeding" for more contributions down the road...  

Hyde School administration keeps so many secrets about a lot of their underlying motivations; most of the faculty are not even privy to a lot of this.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
They are spending a lot on advertising & marketing, but enrollment is down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 06:19:23 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
...I also find it curious that although the enrollment is going down, the endowment fund is rising. Very peculiar, indeed. One would think that they would decline in tandem.

And what is it with all the investment on campus improvements. They seem to spend a great deal of money on this. Is it because they feel obligated to spend the endowment money?...

I suspect the great push for financial acquisition may have more to do with their desire to increase the charter school program, and to expand the reach of the Biggest Job campaign. Incidentally, footprints of the latter have been showing up in fundy Christian formats. Somebody remind me to start posting about that if I don't get to it soon.

As to all the campus improvements? Hell knows. Perhaps it is something as prosaic as needing to kick back some improvements to the campuses (even though most of the funds aren't intended for them), given the source of most of that $$$. Perhaps it involves consideration for the vanity of benefactors whose names need to appear on some plaque, or perhaps some heavy contributor who owns a construction firm, and to whom "gratitude" is being expressed? Or, perhaps it is nothing more than "seeding" for more contributions down the road...  

Hyde School administration keeps so many secrets about a lot of their underlying motivations; most of the faculty are not even privy to a lot of this.

Perhaps I just have a cynical streak, but if I was giving to Hyde, (which I am not BTW)  I would look at the square foot cost for some of the buildings.  I was told the total build cost for the family center and almost gagged when I walk the perimeter and did a rough order of the square foot cost.  It is nothing fancy. It is like a stick frame Days Inn.  It was about well above the market rate to put a building up at that time.  The General on that project must have really cleaned up .... or ....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »
http://www.hyde.edu/podium/default.aspx ... 9Fu9gDQ%3D
Hyde School In Bath, Maine Opens For 2008–2009 Academic Year

10/7/2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 7, 2008
CONTACT: Casey F. Hill, 207-443-7121, [email protected]; Website: HYDE.EDU

Bath, ME – Hyde School, the national leader in family-based character education, opened Monday, September 8, with an enthusiastic community of students and their families enrolled. Hyde-Bath boasts 26 native Maine students representing Portland, Bath, and other local Maine cities. The student body also represents 28 states, and 10 countries— figures that keep climbing as Hyde continues to enroll students from across the country and around the world.

Hyde-Bath Head of School Don Macmillan says, “I have been impressed with the leadership the senior class is providing for the student body, and the faculty’s dedication to the kids and families has been exemplary. We have a great foundation upon which to build for the remainder of the year.”

Hyde complements the character-based college preparatory experience with a number of enrichment programs. The Hyde Wilderness School teaches teambuilding and develops problem-solving skills in outdoor learning environments. The Performing Arts program and music workshop provide an opportunity for students to explore and expand their creative expression. The athletic program strengthens team bonds and individuals’ self-esteem through physical rigor, competitive training, and team-oriented efforts geared toward bringing out the athlete in each participant.

The Hyde approach to education has been developed since 1966 at the Hyde boarding campuses in Bath, ME and Woodstock, CT, and through public school initiatives in New Haven, CT, Washington, DC, and Bronx, NY. The organization, based in Bath, also includes national parenting workshops.

College preparation through Hyde Schools is rigorous, with students taking primary responsibility for their learning. More than 96 percent of Hyde’s graduates are accepted at four-year colleges. To learn more about Hyde Schools, log onto www.Hyde.edu or www.onlyathyde.org.

But WHERE are the actual enrollment numbers?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »
WHY are there always more boys than girls enrolled at Hyde?
Sometimes the ratio is even 2:1.