Author Topic: Heritage RTC in Provo  (Read 18375 times)

Offline mamala

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »
Anyone have any experience or info on this place? Is making a kid sit and write all day with out being able to lay down or have a pillow abusive?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
amala

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 06:21:18 PM »
Yes

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »
Sounds like a wwasps or CEDU/Aspen thing in regards to the writing.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline mamala

• View Profile
Heritage RTC Provo
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »
any other info on Heritage in provo would be appreciated....former residents or parents...anything.
amala

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »
Look, I was at Heritage years ago.........and they were actually well organized, the staff was trained, and they had a great campus. Yes, it was more expensive then some RTC's out there, but at least they put their money back into the program giving it great facilities, and things for the kids to do.

I have spoken with kids who have recently been there, and even though it is considered to be a "RTC" they are more lax then when I was there for 3 1/2 years back in 1989. They have expanded on their facilities. When I was there we had a full stables full of horses with a trainer who taught us to ride, I even participated, and won some shows on BYU's campus which were open to the public, they had a softball field, a pool with a kick ass slide that was made outta real concrete, and in the winter they covered the pool with this enclosure so we still could use it. We has a volleyball court. Geez we had a lot! Now, they have a theater where they do their drama performances.

This place is a well oiled machine, they have individual therapy, group therapy like clockwork with people who cared. I mean there was never a time when I missed a session! I'm just going to say it was consistent, and quality.

I have to defend this program, sorry! It's what kids who do have problems could benefit from.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 10:16:16 PM »
Do they keep kids without problems there anyway against their will?

Do they isolate ANYONE from the outside world, or legal representation?

Do they only hold people there captive who have a medical need to be?

LGATs? Restraints? Levels?

Sorry, I don't care if its Hogwarts, but those things can't be justified anywhere, even if they give everyone hookers and blow at the end of the day.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 10:23:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Do they keep kids without problems there anyway against their will?

No they dont

Do they isolate ANYONE from the outside world, or legal representation?

No isolation is considered or done

Do they only hold people there captive who have a medical need to be?

No you must be thinking of anothe place.  no one is held.

LGATs? Restraints? Levels?

No, but thanks for asking.  Most kids do okay after they leave.  You should pay attention.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

No, but thanks for asking.  Most kids do okay after they leave.  You should pay attention.

::fu::  ::fu::  ::fu::  ::fu::

Where the hell was that question answered fuckwad?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 10:45:27 PM »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 12:04:59 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
http://www.heal-online.org/childtortureusa.htm#heritage

Heritage House (aka The Heritage Schools) is located in Provo, UT and is highly suspected of being an abusive behavior modification program.   HEAL downloaded the Heritage House admissions forms.  Things they consider to be extreme behavioral problems in need of immediate intervention include: "cursing, challenging authority, homosexuality--but, they call it "sexual identity distress", sad/unhappy, argues, noncompliant, impulsive, overreacts, secretive (shows a need for privacy), stubborn, does not accept criticism, etc."  These are all normal parts of growing up, establishing independence, and growing into one's own individuality/self.  Heritage House uses physical restraints.  In the contract, Heritage House explains that they control teen's contact with outside world including telephone privileges and monitoring incoming and outgoing mail (this is a civil rights violation, it violates the 4th, 8th, and 14th, amendments according to the Federal Court who has placed federal injunctions against this practice at other programs.)   In the contract, "You have the right to refuse to participate in any research project".  This is the parent's right, but, it does not apply to the teen.  It suggests, and HEAL has other paperwork that confirms, that many of these programs are experimenting on the youth in them.  Heritage House also uses "seclusion" as a punishment/disciplinary tool.  Seclusion is solitary confinement and in many programs can last for months and permanently disable the child/teen mentally.  Heritage House identifies their inmates by number, not name, like Provo Canyon School and like Nazi Germany.  We recommend you do not subject your child to Heritage House.  If you were abused or had your rights violated at Heritage House, please contact us and we will share your story here as a warning to others.

Umm......
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 12:43:05 AM »
Two very large thumbs up for this program!

not.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 11:29:40 AM »
Oh that's right, I forgot! You are all fucking experts even though, you have never been there!!!!! My bad, you're right, what was I thinking? It's just plain awful, oh they do the most horrible things to kids. So horrible, I can't even begin to talk about them!

The funny thing is, I was one of the worst kids there. You ask any of the staff/owners/therapists who are still there, or used to work there, and they know who I am. I was a real pain in the ass! It wasn't like I just coasted through the program. I put up a huge fight, there were several times I was physically restrained. But, I asked for it! I was never hurt in the process, and it was so I wouldn't hurt other students or staff. Sorry, but I can't fault them for that, and say they were abusive because they put there hands on me!

What were they supposed to do if I was wailing on a staff member? Or going after another student? Just sit back, and let it happen? Take bets? Sometimes you guys here are way too much!!!!!

This program is just fine, you are wasting your time trying to dig up dirt on this place.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »
So what about the Heal information do you dispute?

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »
This program is just fine

How do you know this?

I'll trust HEAL, thank you very much!

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Heritage RTC in Provo
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
WARNING!!! MOST OF THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT!

Heritage House (aka The Heritage Schools) is located in Provo, UT and is highly suspected of being an abusive behavior modification program.   HEAL downloaded the Heritage House admissions forms.  Things they consider to be extreme behavioral problems in need of immediate intervention include: "cursing, challenging authority, homosexuality--but, they call it "sexual identity distress", sad/unhappy, argues, noncompliant, impulsive, overreacts, secretive (shows a need for privacy), stubborn, does not accept criticism, etc."  These are all normal parts of growing up, establishing independence, and growing into one's own individuality/self.  Heritage House uses physical restraints.  In the contract, Heritage House explains that they control teen's contact with outside world including telephone privileges and monitoring incoming and outgoing mail (this is a civil rights violation, it violates the 4th, 8th, and 14th, amendments according to the Federal Court who has placed federal injunctions against this practice at other programs.)   In the contract, "You have the right to refuse to participate in any research project".  This is the parent's right, but, it does not apply to the teen.  It suggests, and HEAL has other paperwork that confirms, that many of these programs are experimenting on the youth in them.  Heritage House also uses "seclusion" as a punishment/disciplinary tool.  Seclusion is solitary confinement and in many programs can last for months and permanently disable the child/teen mentally.  Heritage House identifies their inmates by number, not name, like Provo Canyon School and like Nazi Germany.  We recommend you do not subject your child to Heritage House.  If you were abused or had your rights violated at Heritage House, please contact us and we will share your story here as a warning to others.

FIRST OF ALL IT SAYS IT'S HIGHLY SUSPECTED OF BEING AN ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION PROGRAM. NOT THAT IT IS ONE.

SECOND OF ALL IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME WHAT THE ADMISSION FORMS SAY. A LOT OF THIS THEY HAVE HAD TO PUT INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT TO COVER THEIR ASSES IN CASE THEY HAD A TEEN THAT WAS TOTALLY OUTTA CONTROL, AND NEEDED TO USE RESTRAINTS! THEY WERE NEVER RESTRAINT HAPPY! I NEVER WITNESSED, OR HEARD OF ANYONE BEING PUT IN JACKETS OR TIE DOWNS! IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM, THEY DID. BUT, THE WHOLE 3 1/2 YEARS I WAS THERE THEY NEVER USED THEM.

THIRDLY, SO THEY USED ISOLATION AS A FORM OF PUNISHMENT? THEY DIDN'T WANT OUR NEGATIVE OUT OF CONTROL BEHAVIOR TO AFFECT THE OTHER KIDS IN THE PROGRAM THAT MAYBE HAD A PAST HISTORY OF ABUSE, AND THEY DIDN'T NEED TO BE SUBJECTED TO OUR OUTBURSTS! THEY NEVER GOT OFF ON HAVING TO PUT US IN CRISIS, OR ISOLATION.

FOURTH, SO WHAT IF THEY WENT THROUGH OUR MAIL? HELLO, THEY DID NOT WANT DRUGS MAKING IT THROUGH. SOME KIDS WERE FLIGHT RISKS, AND SOME MAIL WAS READ. BUT, THEY DID THIS ALL TO PROTECT US. HELL, AT LEAST WE WERE TO RECEIVE MAIL FROM FRIENDS! THEY NEVER READ OUT GOING MAIL! AS FAR AS THE PHONE THING WENT, IT'S TRUE WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO TALK TO OUR PARENTS, AND FAMILY MEMBERS ONCE A WEEK.

AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST, MY FAVORITE! WE WERE NEVER REFERRED TO BY NUMBER. WE WERE REFERRED BY NAME. THE KIDS THERE STILL ARE. THAT IS SUCH A GOD DAMN LIE. HOW PATHETIC TO MAKE UP SUCH BULLSHIT ABOUT A PLACE LIKE THAT!

GO AFTER PROGRAMS THAT ARE ABUSIVE, NOT ONES THAT ARE NOT!