Author Topic: Sky View Academy CLOSURE PENDING AN INVESTIGATION OF ABUSE  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
Sky View Academy CLOSURE PENDING AN INVESTIGATION OF ABUSE
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
Last week, on Thursday Sept 27, 2007, an abuse incident involving a hazing of a student happened at Sky View Academy in Nevada. ANAZINGLY, this school has already been notified of a license suspension, and is BEING CLOSED DOWN pending the investigation of this incident.  The parents have all been notified of the incident. I contacted the state official today, confirmed the incident and the date it happened, and expressed my support of the closure of this facility. I also alerted her that Majestic Ranch in Utah, one of the facilities the kids are being referred to, is on several watch lists for abuse.

I also made some waves in Utah, and sent Ken Stettler and the Attorney General an email today stating my support of this closure in Nevada, pointing out how appropriate this action was, in comparison to the non-action in Utah in recent years.

If the state of Utah had acted this quickly and appropriately in the deaths of Michelle Sutton, Kristen Chase, Aaron Bacon, Katherine Lank, Ian August, and Elisa Santry, at Summit Quest, Challenger, Northstar Expeditions, Red Rock Ranch Academy, Skyline Journey, Island View Academy, and Outward Bound Wilderness, my son would never have been left to die at Youth Care in Utah. The parents of the kids still there are not even AWARE that Youth Care is under investigation for criminal activity, nor that their license is under review. They just think he got sick and died.  I have not been able to get in contact with any of them to give them the real story.

You can read the letter from Sky View to the parents here.
http://www.isaccorp.org/wwasps/skyviewsuspended.pdf

Pitbull Mom
http://www.teenadvocatesusa.homestead.c ... nBlum.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pitbull Mom

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Sky View Academy CLOSURE PENDING AN INVESTIGATION OF ABUSE
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:29:20 PM »
Good job PBmom  
:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]