Author Topic: The Endless WWASP Debate  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
The Endless WWASP Debate
« on: June 10, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »
I have been listening to the debate "they do this", "no they don't" for so long (about 2-1/2 yrs), and feel quite exhausted with it today. I'm sure it will pass, but the debate just goes on and on and on. Not that it's a bad thing, we can't stop raising awareness. But I'm a solutions oriented type person. We could sit around for years identifying the problem, and trying to prove it exists.

I was daydreaming, and this thought occured. If I were Queen for a Day, I would assign a Watchdog to spend a month at a WWASP facility. Or, four Watchdogs for four consecutive weeks. Documenting, filming, interviewing, etc. The Watchdog(s) would make their way around to every program that exists.
Actually, if I were Queen they would be abolished  :scared:
One of you WWASP supporters please tell me where else in society are people treated so inhumanely? Oh yeh, I forgot,you don't believe it's happening.... :cry: we'll never get anywhere.

Well, back to reality...and the next round of "they are abusive"..."no, they aren't". :sad:

Deborah

[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2003-06-10 11:16 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Endless WWASP Debate
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »
Just like news articles have stated, when WWASP is visited by groups or authorities they are always given some kind of notice. So students are forced to scrub and clean for 48 hours straight, teens are taken out of OP, and other temporary changes are made. Im sure students are being worked over time over at TB in preparation for a full on investigation. I think the only solution is all the witnesses who are willing to speak out in court, and from what i understand the "confidentiality agreements" do not apply in court. Its time for families to set aside their shame and speakout. WWASP should be prosecuted to the fullest for any attempts to intimidate or silence former parents and students who would like to testify.

There are no accidents that no other teen treatment organization has received so much negative attention.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Endless WWASP Debate
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »
Numerous times over there years, courts, child welfare agencies, journalists and occasionally even law enforcement agencies investigated Straight, Inc. The response was alwasy quite the same as what WWASP is doing now. First they lie, deny everything and smear the critics as liars, drug addicts and neurotics.

Whatever's left standing after that, why they just make a few concessions, but claim it was never intentional and promise to do better. So, for awhile, they'll change a few of the worst complaints. If physical restraint is getting a lot of attention, fine, no more of that for awhile.

Instead they'll go a little heavier on the sleep deprivation, emotional abuse or whatever. For a short time, while the program is under close scrutiny, it won't 'work' as well. Some kids will be able to maintain their sanity and resist the watered down brainwashing. Some parents will see through it.

More than usual will escape the draw of it all and not become entheusiastic protectors and recruiters. And the bad PR will tank their recruiting anyway. If the scrutiny is extremely high and enduring, they may have to go so far as to change a corporate name or two, shuffle their staff around, maybe even pick out a sacrificial lamb and throw him or her to the wolves.

But they'll keep on doing what they're doing unless and until there is no longer a market for it.

Our major problem has more to do with criminalizing and medicalizing normal human behavior and less to do with the snake oil salesmen who show up to get rich by promising to meet that imaginary need.

That's what I like to focus on. It's not the sort of thing that one person or even an identifialble group can demonstrably accomplish and then celebrate. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I'd love to see some of these turkeys sent down the river for decades long sentences, maybe under the RICO laws or how about just straight child abuse and conspiracy? It's not so much that I want to expand the suffering to them, though I must admit that it wouldn't spoil my day either. It's that, when we, as a community, start actually holding these sadistic lunatics accountable for their crimes, I'll take it as a sign that maybe we're returning to sanity from the myth of the super-criminal child.

BTW, anyone know what kind of sentence Charles Long II got? Everything I can find leaves off with that he was convicted and would soon be sentenced. I'll be pissed if he got some sort of judicial slap on the wrist, I swear to God.

Necessity never made a good bargain
--Benjamin Franklin Apr. 1734

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
The Endless WWASP Debate
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 03:31:00 AM »
Well if he was convicted of the murder he was probably sentenced pretty harshly. Even if he got a slap on the wrist for the murder the addition of the quarter pound of pot (what a rolemodel for the kids) is enough to send him to that sheriff's gulag (I mean jail) where he will get a taste of his own medicine for a year or so.

With the death though I doubt we will be hearing anymore from that guy since he is at the very least still in jail.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Endless WWASP Debate
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »
I don't think Charles Long II has been tried yet.  I live in AZ--the last I heard his trial is scheduled to begin in July.