Yeay
9 (81.8%)
Nay
0 (0%)
Dunno
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closes: June 27, 2045, 11:24:24 AM

Author Topic: Peninsula Village forum?  (Read 7167 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »
We could use this description - Peninsula Village:  The Filthy, Virus-Laden Asshole of Hell.  Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
We could use this description - Peninsula Village:  The Filthy, Virus-Laden Asshole of Hell.  Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Sorry.
:D

But, hell yeah.  Perfect descriptor.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 07:44:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

Sorry.
:D

But, hell yeah.  Perfect descriptor.

Damn!  I sat and thought about that quote - I knew I had it wrong.  Shoulda Googled some Dante.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »
Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter

All hope abandon ye who enter here.

...is the generally accepted form when it is more or less literally translated.  However, given that it is translated from another language, and is in verse, one can't really say exactly how it should be translated, especially given that the most literal version is somewhat awkward on the tongue and would probably not have been Dante's choice had he been writing in English.

One is left to the devices and preferences of the translator, and I have seen it used all three ways, at least, not to mention punctuation-based sub-versions thereof...

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/aban ... -here.html
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=115554
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter

All hope abandon ye who enter here.

...is the generally accepted form when it is more or less literally translated.  However, given that it is translated from another language, and is in verse, one can't really say exactly how it should be translated, especially given that the most literal version is somewhat awkward on the tongue and would probably not have been Dante's choice had he been writing in English.

One is left to the devices and preferences of the translator, and I have seen it used all three ways, at least, not to mention punctuation-based sub-versions thereof...

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/aban ... -here.html
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=115554

Okay, we'll drop the Inferno quote and go with "Give it up, yo - you gettin' fucked for real if you step up in here, Homestead"

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 09:04:04 PM »
Nah, I was just trying to say "keep the quote of your choice, and be sure to feel okay about it."
:lol:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 09:58:12 PM »
Maybe there shouldn't be a PV forum after all. :rofl:

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 03:27:16 AM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""

I don't know...we could let Mokara/Free have a thread, something like "A PV Survivor's World View" where she could post more killer lines like "chicken-brained, crotch-grabbing baboon" which I've shortened to the acronym "CBCGB".  Kind of makes me nostalgic for CBGB's, although I never went to the joint.

Anyway, with Mokara discussing how truly fucked the world is and using the PV experience as an analogy occasionally, we could keep the forum up on the list.  My wife and I took Ginger's advice extremely seriously about documenting everything possible.  I could post a PV atrocity a day and rattle people for months, especially after I start transcribing the phone therapy sessions and calls from the family therapist (Surprise, PV!  Tennessee is a single party state, which means only one party has to be aware the conversation is being recorded...and that party wasn't you, PV people).  We were told to quit posting negative comments about PV on sites like "CAFERTY"(sic) and remove the posts already up.  Freedom of speech is a real a pain in the ass to PV, so they use contact with your child as an "incentive" to guarantee your total cooperation.  They'll check the mail difficult parents send, to gauge the "negativity" level.  I remember one letter I sent encouraging my girl not to provoke the "goon handlers" in charge of her.  We'd been reading the counselors' MySpaces, and it was obvious a great many of them were not even qualified to clean up the vile mess left after one of' PVs recurring gastrointestinal virus outbreaks.

A more accurate description of PV's practice of parental alienation is "blackmail".  

You have to get with the PV program and keep your mouth shut, grin and bear every idiocy you witness, or you might not see your kid for a year or more, and after spending all that time sucking up AA drivel, confessing to offenses never committed until believing they really occurred, and listening to how "bad" the uncooperative parent is, the child might not love you after the Maoist re-education, or may not want to associate with a non-programee.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 06:57:48 AM »
^ Sealed the deal.....

PV forum is needed
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
A forum needs more than just one poster.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 11:15:44 AM »
I don't think free will be the only poster. We already have a few people here and perhaps if you build it more will come. PV has some interesting aspects to it like it's state license, JACHO certification, NATSAP approved status that kind of blows away the idea that abuse can be lessened by these pieces of paper. PV is not unique in this but perhaps through having a place to discuss all the aspects of this one program we can gain more insight into other similar programs.....

I don't know I think it's worth a try....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 01:12:24 PM »
The JCAHO certification isn't PV's, it was given to Park West Medical, the hospital that provides the umbrella for Peninsula Behavioral Health, and Park West is under the umbrella of the omnipotent Covenant Health.  We did a lot of checking on the JCAHO certification and found only two clinical labs at the Park West Hospital had received the certifications.  It's fairly obvious PV is riding the coattails of a very small part of Park West which received JCAHO certification.

Of course, PV isn't used to people questioning them.  We've already discussed what happens to parents who question the program - they become persona non grata.

There's a guideline PV gave my wife listing what they expected from my wife in order for her to be able to see her daughter.  This happened right after the therapist told my wife she couldn't post about PV on "CAFERTY".  My wife told her to "put it in writing", which they did and conveniently left out the posting issue.  Basically it was a list of demands and odd threats, and even though my wife agreed to the weird conditions, they still refused her participation because the PV treatment team couldn't be sure she would actually follow the guideline.  That's PV logic...give you a guideline, then refuse to give you a chance to follow it.

We've never posted the guideline, it was important not to rock the boat too much while our girl was in there.  My wife and I talked about it last weekend, and agreed it would be okay to post now.  I'll put it up tonight, and if that doesn't convince everyone that PV's treatment team is crazier than a cage full of tripping squirrels, nothing will.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""

I don't know...we could let Mokara/Free have a thread, something like "A PV Survivor's World View" where she could post more killer lines like "chicken-brained, crotch-grabbing baboon" which I've shortened to the acronym "CBCGB".  Kind of makes me nostalgic for CBGB's, although I never went to the joint.

Anyway, with Mokara discussing how truly fucked the world is and using the PV experience as an analogy occasionally, we could keep the forum up on the list.  My wife and I took Ginger's advice extremely seriously about documenting everything possible.  I could post a PV atrocity a day and rattle people for months, especially after I start transcribing the phone therapy sessions and calls from the family therapist (Surprise, PV!  Tennessee is a single party state, which means only one party has to be aware the conversation is being recorded...and that party wasn't you, PV people).  We were told to quit posting negative comments about PV on sites like "CAFERTY"(sic) and remove the posts already up.  Freedom of speech is a real a pain in the ass to PV, so they use contact with your child as an "incentive" to guarantee your total cooperation.  They'll check the mail difficult parents send, to gauge the "negativity" level.  I remember one letter I sent encouraging my girl not to provoke the "goon handlers" in charge of her.  We'd been reading the counselors' MySpaces, and it was obvious a great many of them were not even qualified to clean up the vile mess left after one of' PVs recurring gastrointestinal virus outbreaks.

A more accurate description of PV's practice of parental alienation is "blackmail".  

You have to get with the PV program and keep your mouth shut, grin and bear every idiocy you witness, or you might not see your kid for a year or more, and after spending all that time sucking up AA drivel, confessing to offenses never committed until believing they really occurred, and listening to how "bad" the uncooperative parent is, the child might not love you after the Maoist re-education, or may not want to associate with a non-programee.

So sad but so true.  I know of a few people who's parents were 'terminated' from Straight and they ended up going back on their own for fear that they'd DIE without Straight.  They ended up completely alone because we weren't allowed to communicate with anyone who wasn't approved by Newt and the program.

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:

btw....I think giving Free her own thread or blog or whatever you call it is a great idea.  It will give her an outlet she so badly needs yet preserve the threads for discussion.  I just wish, for her sake, that she's read some of what others write.    I found the PTSD a little easier to deal with by reading how some others got through it.   There's a lot of great stuff here if she'd slow down a bit.  And maybe she wouldn't view so many of us as her enemy if she knew a little more about us.  Easier said than done, I know.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 09:17:01 AM »
Shit, Free will continue to post on the PV thread like she always has. I could give a flyin' fuck what Free does, really... Let her post on that fucking PV thread until the cows come home, it doesn't matter to me. Why are we so fucking concerned about where free posts or doesn't post? Damn control freaks!!  :rofl:

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village forum?
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Shit, Free will continue to post on the PV thread like she always has. I could give a flyin' fuck what Free does, really... Let her post on that fucking PV thread until the cows come home, it doesn't matter to me. Why are we so fucking concerned about where free posts or doesn't post? Damn control freaks!!  :rofl:

To damn true.....

Good point.