Author Topic: Where there's smoke ...  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Where there's smoke ...
« on: June 07, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »
So, I thought I'd just check and see if Google had any new news about Dundee. Nope. How about WWASP. Surprise, surprise! Something old, and doubless more people feeling blue.

In my view, where there's smoke, there's fire. Well, just keep an eye on news and events relating to WWASP and you'll find they've got an astoundingly bad reputation, except among those people who they can count on to deluge newspapers with complaints and stuff courtrooms whenever and wherever there's public criticizm or scrutiny. And this happens a lot! Not just a little, but all the time and every place.

What strikes me most is that these same parents who believe the bullshit ODD diagnosis, for example, or other mumbo-jumbo excuses to believe the absolute worst about their own kids are somehow able to simply ignore all this compelling evidence that indicts WWASP.

WTF!!! Listen, folks, your kids are your kids. They love you. You love them. No matter how rough the relationship sometimes, that will never, ever change. WWASP, otoh, are strangers in business to gain money and power. They will love you just as long as you keep signing checks and never, ever offer any criticizm. The minute you quit signing checks or offer any criticizm, you'll be on the enemy list; a 'disgruntled' parent who couldn't cut it or who was too 'weak' to resist the 'lies' and 'manipulation' of their kids.

How can people who are competent and intelligent enough to pull down the big bucks possibly be stupid enough to believe these scheisters??

http://www.portervillerecorder.com/arti ... cation.txt
Officials appeal citation

By Anita Stackhouse-Hite, The Porterville Recorder

PORTERVILLE - Bell Academy officials have appealed a citation they received last month for not having the appropriate license to operate their Terra Bella group educational facility.

California Department of Social Services representatives paid a surprise visit to the campus and determined that administrators were in violation of a section of the California Health and Safety Code and the California Code of Regulations.

They were given 15 days to prepare and submit the appropriate documents to be properly registered and licensed, or appeal the decision and advise the Tulare Office of Education that Bell Academy is a school, according to Director Jade Robinson.

At the time, Robinson said he wasn't aware that he needed a license, and fully intended to comply with the laws of the state. He supplied authorities with an affidavit that documented his intentions to establish the academy as an educational facility.

"Now things are pretty much up to the department of social services," Robinson said. "After everything happened, I thought I might have been in the wrong. But when I took a second look, I don't see that. A private boarding school is exempt from licensure. We've put everything out there for them. We've met with them again and I feel good about how the meeting went. Hopefully it will come out that we are not guilty."

Andrew Roth of the department of social services addressed the department's position.

"They were cited for being an unlicensed facility and they appealed the citation," Roth said. "At this point, we are continuing our investigation."

Bell Academy opened under a cloud of controversy because of alleged affiliation with World Wide Association of Speciality Programs, a Utah-based educational system. Robinson has made it clear that, even though he worked for WWASP for nine years, his academy is independently owned. He does use their programs in his curriculum.

Kelly Paul, a teacher at John J. Doyle Elementary School, said she and husband Patrick, an English teacher at Granite Hills High School, are considering transferring their son to the Bell Academy. Thomas Paul is not yet a student at the academy, as previously reported here.

"We are still thinking about transferring him here from Jamaica," Paul said. "Jade (Robinson) is concerned about whether it would be good for him to be in school so close to home. Some real positive things have happened for our son and our family because of WWASP. I know Bell is not a WWASP facility, but they do use the same program. I think they have plans to become a non-denominational Christian school."

Nationally, WWASP officials in various facilities have been accused of a host of charges, from not applying for appropriate licensing in a timely fashion to mistreating students in their care.

Paul said she and her husband have had students from the academy visit their home, and they've gone hiking and participated in other activities together. Patrick Paul said despite those who have negative things to say, he is pleased with the results he has seen so far in the WWASP program.

"I have a lot of faith in the WWASP program as we have seen it," he said. "If Jade's (Robinson) program matches that, we will have the same faith in his program. What we see now is incredible."

who needs regular piss tests more than a former blowski who has his finger on the button?
--Chuck Beyer

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes