Author Topic: o my god! Girl sent away to lone star on tv talk show  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
o my god! Girl sent away to lone star on tv talk show
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »
As per usual, the talk show started out with exploiting the youth/family by having them state their intensely private struggles on a stage so it could be projected into the great electric atmosphere to entertain the masses. The host demonstrated the acceptable amount of faux-empathy.

The girl apparently had bulimia.

The host then announced that there was a special rehab for the girl, a rehab run by Aspen education

Then, Aspen Education head fellow, who looks like an elongated down syndrome's sufferer, stood up and came forward from the back of the audience in a conspicuously awkward fashion ruining what would no doubt have been a gloriously choreographed moment of impromptu compassion. He invited her to his special program- to which she'd be given a "scholarship" to attend--- "Lone Star Expeditions"

He said that they offered a "new" style of therapy out on the trail. He said all of her family would be included in "learning programs" in which they would be taught how to help their child.

Isn’t lone star the new style of therapy that kids keep dropping dead in?
?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »
Which show?

Is this new or a re-run?

How much do you know about the parents' identity?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: o my god! Girl sent away to lone star on tv talk show
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Then, Aspen Education head fellow, who looks like an elongated down syndrome's sufferer,

I wonder if it was the slope headed wonder, Bill Gray?

:rofl:

He left HLA under all the controversy.  Its not inconceivable for him to have landed at Aspen.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »
A kid died there last yr. i beleive this was it's first death
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:43:31 PM »
It was (and i'm ashamed to admit this program was even on in the background in my precense) the "Tyra Banks" show.

It seemed fairly recent thought I don't know. If you watch TV enough you will often witness various kids getting packed off, often agaisnt their will by burly strongmen, to various "rehabs". It makes interesting humiliation/dominance TV.

I dont know if the fellow was Grey I googled his name and no pictures came up.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:50:46 PM »
::puke::

Yeah, she is a dummy and I refuse to watch her show or any talk show these days. My last straw came when she setup these socially awkward girls by inviting them to a party to give them a taste of the "party girl" life. These girls were home bodies, computer nerds, awkward. What the girls didn't know was that they were being secretly video taped and that Tyra paid everyone there to basically get them to do embarrassing stuff. They danced, flirted with boys Tyra paid to show interest, drank punch they were told was spiked(but wasn't) and pretended to be drunk, and took pills they thought were drugs.

She then has them on the show and reveals all of this and proceeds to humiliate them to tears in front of their parents and a live audience. It was a sick display and I almost shot the t.v. If only I had a gun....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 11:37:05 PM »
So ex-models are making referrals now?