Author Topic: KidNation -CBS reality show  (Read 7846 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
KidNation -CBS reality show
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 09:34:29 PM »
Lady I'm from the south, the deep deep south so don't come here acting like you know how we live. First this is website of survivors of institutionalized abuse. Folks here have been through hells you couldn't even imagine. Second we are far from jealous of you and your poor decision making, no one here wanted or wants to be on a show that exploits children for ratings. For your information the outrage expressed by people like us has lead to shows such as this one to be shut down in this country, like brat camp. Folks with a half a brain understand that these shows that sell tears and humiliation are not safe for children. We speakout and do put the blame, and rightfully so, on parents like you. You don't like? Too bad you made the choice, I do hope cps investigates all the participants of these kinds of shows and puts the hurt of broadcasting companies and parents who subject there children to this kind of exploitation. To think that fox would be fined millions for airing Janet's sexy bits while shows like this are given free reign is absurd.

Last, you idiot!!! Do not post you personal information on the Internet. Please email ginger and ask her to remove those sections of your posts that  reveal private information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 11:15:03 PM »
Also, TheWho is prone to doing underhanded attempts at trolling and derailing, such as implying I went off my name to say "negroe" instead of saying it on my own name, and for that matter, saying www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Sue_Scheff[/url] .

::boohoo::
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 03:49:52 AM »
Quote from: "TheWho"

Patricia, I think people are a little bit sensitive about kids on this site, especially if the kids could be potentially exploited or abused  (its not a bad thing, its caring).  We dont have any inside information about the show or how the kids are treated.  Maybe you could help?

My question when I watched part of the show, was whether the children were in anyway distressed.  The reason I ask is because I saw a young boy (maybe 8 years old) who was concerned because he said something like:
“I’m not going to be with my parents. There’s no adults, and I think I’m going to die out here because there’s nothing.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 09:23:43 AM »
Jesus loves me! He will stay Close beside me all the way; Thou hast bled and died for me, I will henceforth live for Thee.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "TheWho"

Patricia, I think people are a little bit sensitive about kids on this site, especially if the kids could be potentially exploited or abused  (its not a bad thing, its caring).  We dont have any inside information about the show or how the kids are treated.  Maybe you could help?

My question when I watched part of the show, was whether the children were in anyway distressed.  The reason I ask is because I saw a young boy (maybe 8 years old) who was concerned because he said something like:
“I’m not going to be with my parents. There’s no adults, and I think I’m going to die out here because there’s nothing.â€
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline sicktomystomach

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 02:39:22 AM »
How stupid is it to post your address and the fact that you have kids on an internet site? Could you PAINT a larger target of yourself???

Geez...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kid Nation
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 07:54:08 AM »
I am not done reading this thread, but I think I will post my opinion.  
I think patricia has gotten rather angry, and I understand your point.  I watched the entire premiere, and FYI, there was limited adult supervision by I want to say the producer.  They were not just completely left alone and I think some of the  posts are a bit radical.  I think there is controversy surrounding this show, but
if a parent wishes to allow their child to participate in something like this, then that is their business.  IF it is abusive, neglectful, or child exploitation, then it will be reported to the authorities.  
ow, the poster that wrote about the clip from the show this clip was taken out of context.  The show has kids from ages 8-15.  At any rate, he freaked when he realized that this was going to be a more difficult adventure than anticipated, and uon discovering that older kids would be the leaders.  

Halima

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Kid Nation
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 08:59:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Halima""
I am not done reading this thread, but I think I will post my opinion.  
I think patricia has gotten rather angry, and I understand your point.  I watched the entire premiere, and FYI, there was limited adult supervision by I want to say the producer.  They were not just completely left alone and I think some of the  posts are a bit radical.  I think there is controversy surrounding this show, but
if a parent wishes to allow their child to participate in something like this, then that is their business.  IF it is abusive, neglectful, or child exploitation, then it will be reported to the authorities.  
ow, the poster that wrote about the clip from the show this clip was taken out of context.  The show has kids from ages 8-15.  At any rate, he freaked when he realized that this was going to be a more difficult adventure than anticipated, and uon discovering that older kids would be the leaders.  

Halima

Halima, I understand where viewers could see that these kids are benefitting from being on this series and I also can see that some of these kids are having the time of their lives, but I have to disagree with your statement :â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:10 AM »
Paid Advocates are on site to assure, DEMAND the safety and well-being of ANIMALS when filming movies and TV!!!!!!!!!!
Yet, these children have not been provided with responsible adults to assure their safety and well-being?
We care more about horses, dogs, cats, etc; than we do our own children?
GMAFB.

http://www.americanhumane.org/site/Page ... me=pa_film

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
You went on to say:  â€œIF it is abusive, neglectful, or child exploitation, then it will be reported to the authorities. “  This may or may not be true and the problem with reporting systems is it is reactive (i.e. the abuse, neglect, exploitation has already occurred).  The reporting system, although may be good, they are designed to inform people that events have already occurred not to prevent them.  So I don’t put too much faith in reporting systems to keep children safe.

The parents are the ones who are responsible for the safety of their children…. My question is/was, are the parents on location to insure their kids feel safe and are kept safe?  If they are not then there needs to be an independent child advocate who is not benefitting from the profits of the show to oversee the treatment and safety of these children.  I think you will see many people over react but that is because we don’t know if these kids are safe or not and until such time I will continue to ask these questions.

That same rationale applies to programs.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
You went on to say:  â€œIF it is abusive, neglectful, or child exploitation, then it will be reported to the authorities. “  This may or may not be true and the problem with reporting systems is it is reactive (i.e. the abuse, neglect, exploitation has already occurred).  The reporting system, although may be good, they are designed to inform people that events have already occurred not to prevent them.  So I don’t put too much faith in reporting systems to keep children safe.

The parents are the ones who are responsible for the safety of their children…. My question is/was, are the parents on location to insure their kids feel safe and are kept safe?  If they are not then there needs to be an independent child advocate who is not benefitting from the profits of the show to oversee the treatment and safety of these children.  I think you will see many people over react but that is because we don’t know if these kids are safe or not and until such time I will continue to ask these questions.

That same rationale applies to programs.

It would be nice to have an independent person there but I dont think it is as crtical because the producers and cameramen are trained in and are being paid to make a movie where as in a TBS or wilderness the staff are trained and being paid to look after the kids, so there are many people looking after their welfare and needs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »
Not really.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 04:30:51 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Not really.

can you elaborate on this? or are you under threat of contract.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »
if you pay someone 18k a year it  doesn't makes them care about the twenty kids under their care. most of them are on meth anyways or kids right out of college who last a months. them and the meth and losers basically it.