Author Topic: KidNation -CBS reality show  (Read 7854 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
KidNation -CBS reality show
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 08:15:42 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
if you pay someone 18k a year it  doesn't makes them care about the twenty kids under their care. most of them are on meth anyways or kids right out of college who last a months. them and the meth and losers basically it.

Thanks for bring this up………I hear you and that applies in any position…if you are a doctor or nurse, lawyer or whatever it is that you do for a living and you are hooked on meth you are not going to be very effective and your job and people around you will suffer.

If on the other hand you hire kids out of college who are pursuing (and excited about) a career in the mental health field ( specifically children), pay them a decent starting salary, let them gain some experience while being overseen by a licensed therapist then it is a win-win situation and I’ll tell you, the kids just love it.  The staff is close in age to these kids and can relate more.  More schools are taking a look at this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 09:39:09 PM »
What the hell happened to my post about Kid Nation with the daily show segment in it?

Here it is again.

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'>

I would totally watch kid nation if it had mudkips in it.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
What the hell happened to my post about Kid Nation with the daily show segment in it?

Here it is again.

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'>

I would totally watch kid nation if it had mudkips in it.

Welcome to the fold!

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2007, 02:32:52 AM »
mudkipchan showed me the light... in my pants.

Sure, she's an attention whore, but she's also nekkid and painted very weird.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2007, 02:47:53 AM »
You don't have to be around these places very long at all to figure out that they are primarily after making money. The kids are merely a crop and the parents are the cows. These programs milk the parents for all they are worth.

I don't think these programs have a goal of being abusive. The abuse happens because they are focused on making money. The poor nutrition, the poor health care, and the poorly qualified staffing are all a function of the owners trying to make a lot of money. You aren't going to find a facility that pays the people who have 90% of the contact with the kids much more than minimum wage.

The brainwashing that goes on in these programs appears to be for the same reason that the Korean POW camps did it. It lets them control the prisoners with far fewer guards. The kids are brainwashed to be docile and easy to warehouse. If it just happens to cause then life-long trauma as a result, so what? The facility just added a bunch of money to their bottom line.

The people who run these facilities know there is no scientific evidence that residential treatment facilities have any long-term effectiveness. They do not care. They know that scientific evidence indicates that 75% or more of the kids incarcerated in therapeutic boarding schools suffer long term physical or emotional injury from it. They do not care. They make $1 billion dollars per year from maybe 14,000 kids. That is what they care about.