Author Topic: Beware of the pediatrician  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Beware of the pediatrician
« on: October 04, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »
This is some scary shit.
:o

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinio ... rticleFull

They’re watching you right now.

They counted every beer you drank during last night’s Red Sox [team stats] game.

They see you sneaking out to the garage for a smoke.

They know if you’ve got a gun, and where you keep it.

They’re your kids, and they’re the National Security Agency of the Nanny State.

I found this out after my 13-year-old daughter’s annual checkup. Her pediatrician grilled her about alcohol and drug abuse.

Not my daughter’s boozing. Mine.

“The doctor wanted to know how much you and mom drink, and if I think it’s too much,â€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Anne, small world,  It seems you reached right into my back yard (I missed that boston Herald article).  My daughter had the same pediatrician, literally (later transferred to Uxbridge, which is about 20 miles west of me) and when she was 11 I took her in for a routine exam and afterwards was asked if I would step in to the examining room (with my daughter there).  â€œMr. Who I am told that you have guns in the houseâ€

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 10:57:24 PM »
Mass Parents Riled About Sixth Grade "Sex Survey"
Parents weren't allowed to read the survey before their child took it.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=109909#109909

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... 436#146436
The Ninth Circuit case, Fields v. Palmdale School District, was brought by parents who discovered that their seven- to ten-year-old children had been required to fill out a nosy questionnaire about such matters as "thinking about having sex," "thinking about touching other people's private parts," and "wanting to kill myself." The parents were shocked and looked to the court for a remedy.....
The Ninth Circuit agreed with the lower court's broad ruling that the fundamental right to direct the upbringing and education of one's children does not encompass the right "to control the upbringing of their children by introducing them to matters of and relating to sex in accordance with their personal and religious values and beliefs."....
The Ninth Circuit court said that since the government has put limits on parents' rights by requiring school attendance, therefore, the school can tell the students whatever it wants about sex, guns, the military, gay marriage, and the origins of life. The judges emphasized that once children are put in a public school, the parents' "fundamental right to control the education of their children is, at the least, substantially diminished." ....

Can't find the link, but kids are also asked about drug/alcohol use in their homes in random surveys.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 11:10:42 PM »
Is that why you sent your daughter away Who? Because she was starting to talk to some nosy doctor about how you abused her?

This is starting to make more and more sense.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 01:57:06 AM »
The arbitrary nature of the law makes me shit fire.

They micromanage parents who have done nothing wrong, but don't think about questioning the actions of parents who have their children kidnapped, put in handcuffs and shipped off to some cult in the woods.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 09:39:56 AM »
The Ninth Circuit court said that since the government has put limits on parents' rights by requiring school attendance, therefore, the school can tell the students whatever it wants about sex, guns, the military, gay marriage, and the origins of life. The judges emphasized that once children are put in a public school, the parents' "fundamental right to control the education of their children is, at the least, substantially diminished." ...

Schools having the "right" to teach our kids sex education et al, is NOT the same thing as quizzing them about their parents' gun ownership, drug-taking, or sexual habits and proclivities.

This situation has gotten markedly worse even in just the past 3-4 years.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------