Author Topic: Elan is approved by NATSAP  (Read 5556 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Elan is approved by NATSAP
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:10:55 AM »
I think they've been approved for awhile.  I've seen the NATSAP logo on the website for some time.  But perhaps that was not as a full member?  From the link Eliscu2 provided:
    At Elan School, our purpose is not to change an ill-behaved child into a well-behaved child, but rather to return home a responsible young adult. We combine firm structure and individualized attention with the goal of mainstreaming our students back into high school, technical school, college, or directly into employment. Students receive the help they need to get their lives back on track and achieve goals they never thought would be within their reach.

Elan is a coeducational, college-preparatory boarding school for adolescents in grades 7-12 with emotional, behavioral, or adjustment problems. The Elan candidate usually exhibits repetitive acting-out behavior that may include running away, substance abuse, truancy, family conflicts, promiscuity, etc. Students may have a history of delinquent or aggressive acts; however, a history of sociopathic behavior would disqualify a candidate.

Elan’s program is based upon the knowledge that behavior cannot be changed by simply eliminating negative actions. Our students learn a new way of doing things through group counseling, jobs that promote responsibility, and academic achievement. We provide learning experiences that enable students to acquire the skills of social interaction, and we maintain a dynamic program that addresses individual needs, talents, and interests.

http://www.natsap.org/program_details.asp?id=30[/list]
    When Sharon Terry and Marty retire, I wouldn't be surprised if this one were bought up by the "Aspen Collection" (Aspen Ed Group, currently owned by CCR Health, which is currently owned by Bain Capital LLC, a company Mitt Romney co-founded).
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Elan Reporter's Assistant

• View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »
    Did someone say "Marty?"  Hi yuh yuh yuh?     :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
    am Big Chief...Hi-yuh hi-yuh hi-yuh Hi-yuh hi-yuh hi-yuh Hi-yuh

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »
    wow, so i could have saved them a lot of trouble if I had just told them i was a sociopath... kinda wish i'd known that then... so it goes
    quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:44:45 AM »
    Quote from: ""Elan Reporter's Assistant""
    Did someone say "Marty?"  Hi yuh yuh yuh?     :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:rofl:  :rofl:

Yes they sure did and they mentioned the (Merel Streep Imposter) Sharon Terry aka The Terry witch.

Have yourself one hi-yuh-yuh-yuh of a weekend there...
    fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 02:52:17 PM »
    NATSAP has many confirmed abusive programs under there wing...

Provo Canyon School, Peninsula Village, Benchmark Young Adult School, if you dig you will find them
    i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
    I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »
    I think you guys are pronouncing it wrong..... It's NAD SACK[/color]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:19:14 AM »
    Try... N U T   S A C K.
     :rofl:

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
      • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
    « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 04:17:23 PM »
    :o   Somethings almost leave one speechless...Funny thing is I got rejected by Elan when I requested to get permission to post on some Elan message board. I wonder why? I am a alumni too...Assholes..

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
      • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
    « Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 11:51:48 PM »
    I am gonna use another name and see what that damned top secret, private board has to say about Elan. I almost DIED when I was on Myspace and I saw some chick I was in E3 with totally stick up for that hell hole and tell another kid that Elan never abused the kids and it "saved" her life. BULLLLLLLLLLL SHIT honey chile! I WAS in the same house as you home skillet. I saw and heard how they took you through the ringer for "loving" another resident that ended up breaking cards with a dude. Like I mentioned in another thread I guess time distorts the truth of the situation. SHEESH! No amount of time or drugs could EVER EVER make me believe that Elan treated me well. How bout you?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 06:06:34 AM »
    That elan myspace forum borders on psychopathic. Trolled it once and gave up after reading the page and half responses from some psyco who claimed, ËLAN IS TOUGH, but he deserved it and blah blah blah..

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 11:52:37 PM »
    Personally, I fought elan tooth and nail every single day I was there. They had no chance of breaking me. That isnt to say I don't have those dreams, I'm sure you all know the kind, 'trapped' in elan again, or someplace like it, unable to escape. No amount of drugs or whatever we do to escape it will completely erase what was done to us. I just sigh, shake my head, and try to think about something else.

To this day I've never talked about what happened to me while I was gone for those 14 months. to anyone. I tell people I was in a boarding school, a jail, a boot camp, a mental institution - because nothing can describe what elan truly is. "FUCKED UP" comes closest. My girlfriend knows bits and pieces, knows when I get that look in my eyes that I'm back 'there'. I still come here because you few people are the only ones who understand what my formative years were like. besides all the stupidity, thanks for just being here I guess.

Offline felice

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 01:06:33 AM »
    Quote from: ""Mister Pink""
    Personally, I fought elan tooth and nail every single day I was there. They had no chance of breaking me. That isnt to say I don't have those dreams, I'm sure you all know the kind, 'trapped' in elan again, or someplace like it, unable to escape. No amount of drugs or whatever we do to escape it will completely erase what was done to us. I just sigh, shake my head, and try to think about something else.

To this day I've never talked about what happened to me while I was gone for those 14 months. to anyone. I tell people I was in a boarding school, a jail, a boot camp, a mental institution - because nothing can describe what elan truly is. "FUCKED UP" comes closest. My girlfriend knows bits and pieces, knows when I get that look in my eyes that I'm back 'there'. I still come here because you few people are the only ones who understand what my formative years were like. besides all the stupidity, thanks for just being here I guess.

Ya I have those "I am trapped" dreams at least three times a week if not more. I wonder if they will ever go away?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:58:23 PM »
    About my dreams:  Sometimes the powers that were are spreading misinformation and organizing events in my life that I am helpless to speak up against.  I am mute in those dreams.  Sometimes I am in a psychological vise, being squeezed, also mute.  The dreams always stop short of the last breath of life being squeezed out...

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 12:10:05 PM »
    you're really convinced i was the one making all that ruckus? i'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I have NEVER posted anonymously on this board, and thats the truth.

Regardless, I have said some regrettable, stupid, & funny things on this forum AS mister pink, and for that I apologize. I really want to see this forum stay clean and normal; if one parent comes on here and reads real stories and experiences, and decides against sending their child to elan - we've done a good thing

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 12:06:27 PM »
    I just heard on the radio the other morning one of these 9 staff from a 'boot camp' program were found not guilty of killing some kid, even though there was a VIDEO of them kicking the crap outta the kid, and he did of asphyxiation...  :o