Author Topic: Miller Collaborates with NATSAP etal  (Read 3582 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Miller Collaborates with NATSAP etal
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
He does need to be aware of NATSAP's origins.  I'll send on the original Wilderness Outcome Study that spawned the Beast.  Miller's very aware of Erica Harvey's death, he needs to know the Catherine Freer/NATSAP connection.  That would have an effect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 03:46:30 PM »
Not to mention Provo Canyon School, Benchmark and Peninsula Village
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Rude Intrusion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »
What if he sides with NATSAP in the end?

I'll be pissed

Do you really trust a politician, especially when he can say (based on his authority) "we looked into this and there is no abuse"?

So far he has been trust worthy. So far he is the only one even trying. I'll trust him until he proves I shouldn't. A statement from NATSAP isn't going to change that. If it came from his office, I'd be worried.

He called the GAO investigation, and ultimately, whether it has any teeth is in his hands. You think the industry wouldn't find a way to buy a democrat? Do you really think they care who they pay off as long as they are in power? Campaign contributions are nothing more than legalized corruption... What is keeping Miller honest?

His personal integrity? Thats the only thing keeping anyone honest. If he lacks it, then there isn't anything we can do about it. So far, he seems to be an honest man, angry at the outrage being carried out across the nation and doing what he can to try an stop the abuse.
ashed Brains Shrink

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »
At this point I say take what you can get. Kids are dying at a regular rate, even small steps in the right direction might save lives. This is not an all or nothing situation.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 10:27:12 PM »
I'm apathetic with the original legislation in the first place. Not only is it relatively a toothless piece of shit it almost seems geared towards letting programmes slide more crap under the rug.

This legislation might be a step, but it could also be a step in the wrong direction.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 11:40:37 PM »
Quote from: ""Wandering Waygookin""
I'm apathetic with the original legislation in the first place. Not only is it relatively a toothless piece of shit it almost seems geared towards letting programmes slide more crap under the rug.

This legislation might be a step, but it could also be a step in the wrong direction.

Ummm.... Others who I also respect have said the same, I need to sit down with this bill and give it a good read.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 11:57:51 PM »
When you read it look for the clauses regarding enforcement and the funding of investigators.

George M. calls for, and I might be out of date on this one, for 50 million in funding for investigating programmes. Divided by 50 states that is a fairly paltry sum when you further reduce that number with salaries, office expenses, vehicle costs, gas, insurance, and so on and so forth.

I view the legislation as sort of a token legislation to appease the masses so to say without putting any real pressure on programmes. No doubt NATSAP is jumping up and down supporting this one with all their vigor as it wouldn't touch their contributing members in any meaningful way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 10:30:55 AM »
50 million is better than what exists today which is what... fornits, cafety, PURE and a few small websites.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 04:49:56 AM »
This is the same government that pays 10 grand for a toilet seat. I'd think twice before having the government blow a largish chunk of money on yet another wasteful bureaucracy.  

And please in the future don't mention the word Cafety in the same sentence as Fornits. The proper usage of the word Cafety looks something like this:

The biggest cock biting sell out pole smokers in the known universe, Cafety, says they spent two hours rinsing out their arses after giving up their anal virginity at the Nambla Fund Raiser for Equality In Youth Corn Holing.

Fornits replied, "Shit that just made me puke on my cat."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 08:24:15 AM »
Fornits and CAFETY are the same thing, one is more extreme than the other, that's all. You have much more in common that you do not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Fornits and CAFETY are the same thing, one is more extreme than the other, that's all. You have much more in common that you do not.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.  Fornits doesn't have direct ties to the industry like CAFETY, which has a board member who is adamant in his support of Isabelle Zehnder.  CAFETY would like to think it's "the same thing" as Fornits, but it isn't.  Let them clean their house - give Alex at NYRA an ultimatum to sever his ties with CAICA, or cut him loose from CAFETY.  There lies the major flaw of CAFETY - weak, ineffective decision making and the desire to please everyone, accomplishing nothing.  Fence straddling fails, CAFETY is a prime example.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 09:36:50 AM »
Re. the "paltry 50 million," and the allegedly toothless wording:
  •  Not all states participate in this business equally.  Utah would probably require a large chunk; Delaware quite a bit less.
  •  I might be wrong about this, but I imagine that it might be easier to increase the funding alloted for a program already in place that has demonstrated need, than to have to convince a lot of budget-conscious politicians that the industry warrants this kind of oversight, let alone exists in the first place.
  •  Regardless of funding, regardless of wording, getting an image of this industry percolating in people's brains can have nothing but good effect in the long run.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------