Author Topic: Let's start over, shall we?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
Let's start over, shall we?
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:39:33 PM »
Back to the real issues, if any of you are willing to talk civilly...

You all know my story, I can bring copy it here if you don't. I was not even close to an addict. I knew my rights and tried to leave. I could not. I was not allowed to ask for food when I was hungry (because that wasn't experiencing powerlessness). I was forced to shave my legs because not doing so was "part of my disease" and "keeping me sick". When I told them I was not a drug addict (and using drugs less than 20 times hardly qualifies anyone as being an addict) they told me "you don't have to use drugs to be a druggie". When I asked to see a lawyer or to be allowed any of the rest my rights under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, or the UN Constitution of Human Rights, I was told "druggies don't have rights".

AARC kidnapped me for almost 6 months. If my parents had done the same, they would be in jail. It is no different if they pay someone else to do the job.

Any comments?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:12:46 PM »
Ah, I figured it out.... They are all getting prepared for open meeting tonight, that's why no one's posting.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:17:49 PM »
I swear to god I was just thinking the same thing.  I've said before that when that hits me on a Friday night, that somewhere kids are sitting in one of those, giving those god awful humiliating 'introductions' and listening as mommy and daddy cry about how you'll DIE if you leave, I just want to crawl in bed for a week.

Does AARC do Open Meeting Reviews?  Those were, hands down, the worst raps.  Everyone dreaded them.  We'd be in the building until 2 or 3 in the morning sometimes.  Hour upon hour of confrontation and grilling and witch hunts.

Its all so sad.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa