Author Topic: M.R.Es at ridge creek  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
M.R.Es at ridge creek
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:52:21 AM »
so i was looking through this site/guide to mre's.

http://www.mreinfo.com/civilian-mres.html

and i noticed that the mre's ridge creek and hla used/probably still uses were labeled as "fake/homemade/wannabe mre's". i recognized the box - we had to carry around lots of them. if you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see pictures of the supposed fake ones. if anyone here remembers them - confirm it. or if anyone ate mre's at hla/rci which were brand-name, let us know too.

anyone here have knowledge about mres want to chime in? i tried to do a little research, info was hard to find.

it's a perfect example of bucci always cutting corners at the kid's health and their parent's wallets expense.

from my observations of the food industry, the cheapest food is usually the least healthy. if you're eating no-name generic, or worse, counterfeit food, you never know what the hell you're eating. it could be mystery meat, maybe even loaded with pollutants. there's even a possibility it's not even food at all, or they use massive amounts of filler. remember the whole chineese pet food thing? what if these mres were made in china? i could have been eating rat meat for all i know.  the entrees all have usda stamps on them, but we all know that can be counterfeited - i've seen chineese counterfeit ciggarets that are perfect right down to the state tax stamp, and you'll never even notice till you smoke them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
M.R.Es at ridge creek
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:32:47 AM »
Honestly... let us be candid.. even the real mre's taste like deep fried donkey shit.

Why would it matter if they are counterfeit or fake? You sure as hell can't fake the nasty taste that comes with the real ones.

The only reason I can see for using the damn things is to save space and weight in your pack on a trek. Any other times Is fricking cruel and unusual.

I only ate the damn things when I was back packing with my group when I slaved away for Eckerds. God the farting contests we had are legendary to this day, and the damage done to the national park wildlife from the methane gas emissions must have been retched.

God.. Black bean burritos..

shuuudddersss.....

:cry2:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
M.R.Es at ridge creek
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:07:48 AM »
they all do taste like donkey shit. especially the beef enchiladas. but it does matter if they are fake, because of, as mentioned before, food safety reasons. the taste might be the same, but the ingredients or safety procedures might not be the same. it could contain anything. personally, i had diahreah the whole time i was at rci.

and they gave them out all the time at R.C.I, not just when we were hiking. 90% of the food we ate while indoors in the barracks was M.R.E's, and they gave us so little we even tried to steal a few boxes from the supply room. when you try to steal M.R.E's you've got to be starving. sometimes they gave us kitchen leftovers, but that was once in a blue moon and the good meals never had any leftovers. and the whole backpack weight issue did not matter, they usually followed the hiking group in a pickup truck, where they'd keep boxes of mres, water, and first aid shit. it was only in the last week they made us carry our own food, and only a day's supply.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
M.R.Es at ridge creek
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
Yeah, that is the shit that RCI served. But, when you were on a fucking intervention, you ate anything that even resembled food. We are sassafras, wild berrys, or anything that might fill you up just a little.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
M.R.Es at ridge creek
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:59:45 PM »
Well as long as the crap is usda approved I guess you are ok. Not sure to be honest.