Author Topic: ??Ron Paul loves private programs  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
??Ron Paul loves private programs
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:13:55 PM »
Someone explain why under a Ron Paul administration anything would be done to stop the proliferation of private programs, abusive or not?

The program owners want Ron Paul to win too.

Tell me why I should polish paul's knob though and why I am wrong please, I need to know so I can explain it to my mother. She is ill and it is so annoying her talk about ron paul this and ron paul that, she likes him because he is anti-abortion and pro gun and I dont know a lot about politisfc.

She told me that libertarian though means that no regulation for programs at all, a million could open up if they wanted, and the WHOLE country would become like one big UTAH or MONTANA - completely unregulated!! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:21:39 AM »
I could swear I answered this yesterday. All the better cause I stumbled upon something better than what I knew then. Was just coming over here to look for responses and to ad this.

Anyway, I actually keep with the libertarian notion of non-regulation. Here's why. Not only is government regulation ineffective, it can actually be quite harmful. I've been watching this saga unfold--unwillingly, very like Little Alex in A Clockwork Orange--for around 30 years or so. The Seed and Synanon were unregulated. They were heavily government funded, though. Regulation provided the impetus to break the Seed into two camps; one went back to being your typical, small, weird little cult in Ft. Lauderdale, the other became Straight, Inc and a dozen or more other named organizations. When NJ finally regulated Miller Newton's Kids of North Jersey out of corporate entity existance, the cult just continued to operate underground. Miller is still "counseling" troubled parents as a priest in the Antiochian Orthodox Church.

I think maybe we should have just never invented NIDA and ONDCP in the first place.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." --  George Washington

Not to mention an absolutely fucking Bizarro World approach to personal vice and child rearing.

Jefferson was onto that too.

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls who live under tyrannyâ€
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »
http://kmareka.com/wp-trackback.php?p=1319

Mitt’s Company

If the company you keep is a reflection of the type of person you really are, then former Bay State governor and current presidential candidate Mitt Romney must be a heartless bastard who profits on the suffering of troubled adolescents. The following article by Maia Szalavitz is taken from the Valley Advocate, the local alternative newsweekly here in Western Massachusetts:

Romney, Torture and Teens

When Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he’d support doubling the size of the prison at Guantanamo Bay, he was trying to show voters that he’d be tough on terror. Two of his top fundraisers, however, have long supported using coercive tactics that have been likened to torture for troubled teenagers.

As the newspaper The Hill noted recently, 133 plaintiffs filed a civil suit against Romney’s Utah finance co-chair, Robert Lichfield, and his various business entities involved in residential treatment programs for adolescents. The umbrella group for his organization is the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS, sometimes known as WWASP). Lichfield is its founder and is on its board of directors.

The suit alleges that teens were locked in outdoor dog cages, exercised to exhaustion, deprived of food and sleep, exposed to extreme temperatures without adequate clothing or water, severely beaten, emotionally brutalized, and sexually abused and humiliated. Some were even made to eat their own vomit.

But the link to teen abuse goes far higher up in the Romney campaign. Romney’s national finance co-chair is a longtime friend of the Bush family named Mel Sembler. Sembler was campaign finance chair for the Republican party during the first election of George W. Bush, and a major fundraiser for his father.

Sembler currently heads the Scooter Libby Defense Fund, in addition to his work for Romney, and has worked tirelessly to keep the Vice President’s former Chief of Staff out of prison, even after his conviction on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.

Like Lichfield, Sembler also founded a nationwide network of treatment programs for troubled youth. Known as Straight, Inc., from 1976 to 1993 it variously operated nine programs in seven states. At all of Straight’s facilities, state investigators and/or civil lawsuits documented scores of abuses, including teens being bound, beaten, deprived of food and sleep for days, restrained by fellow youth for hours, sexually humiliated, abused and spat upon. [full text]

--David L. Jaffe

Sphere: Related Content
Jul 21 2007 03:03 pm | US News and Child & Family and Mental Health and 2008 Elections |
2 Responses

1. ninjanurse Says:
      July 21st, 2007 at 9:44 pm

There’s a great book, ‘Jesus Land’ by Julia Scheeres. It’s her firsthand account of being sent to a camp in the Dominican Republic for being wayward, along with her adopted brother. Every so often stories appear in the news about child abuse in fundamentalist religious churches and organizations, I think it’s built into fundamentalism–authoritarianism and abuse.
   2. Donald Wolberg Says:
      July 22nd, 2007 at 8:52 am

There are many reasons not to feel kindly towards Mr. Romney and, unfortunately, the investigative news story cited does nothing to lessen the negativity Mr. Romney and the people he holds close as advisors and supporters. In a sense, there are sufficient negatives swirling about Mr. Romney that will certainly “do him inâ€

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »
Quote from: "Scarlett Chiclet"
I could swear I answered this yesterday. All the better cause I stumbled upon something better than what I knew then. Was just coming over here to look for responses and to ad this.

Anyway, I actually keep with the libertarian notion of non-regulation. Here's why. Not only is government regulation ineffective, it can actually be quite harmful. I've been watching this saga unfold--unwillingly, very like Little Alex in A Clockwork Orange--for around 30 years or so. The Seed and Synanon were unregulated. They were heavily government funded, though. Regulation provided the impetus to break the Seed into two camps; one went back to being your typical, small, weird little cult in Ft. Lauderdale, the other became Straight, Inc and a dozen or more other named organizations. When NJ finally regulated Miller Newton's Kids of North Jersey out of corporate entity existance, the cult just continued to operate underground. Miller is still "counseling" troubled parents as a priest in the Antiochian Orthodox Church.

I think maybe we should have just never invented NIDA and ONDCP in the first place.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." --  George Washington

Not to mention an absolutely fucking Bizarro World approach to personal vice and child rearing.

Jefferson was onto that too.

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls who live under tyrannyâ€
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
Monday, October 10, 2005
Rep. Ron Paul, MD-On Mental Health Screening Of Children

Federal Funding for Mental Health Screening of Kids
by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

On Friday Congress defeated an amendment I introduced that would have prevented the federal government from moving forward with an Orwellian program to mandate mental health screening of kids in schools. This program, recommended by a presidential commission, has not yet been established at the federal level. However, your tax dollars are being given to states that apply for grants to establish their own programs
- and a full-fledged program run by the Department of Health and Human Services is on the way.

Nearly 100 members of Congress supported my amendment. Many of these members represent Texas and Illinois, two states that already have mental health screening programs in place. They have heard from their constituents, who believe intimate mental health problems should be addressed by parents, kids, and their doctors - not the government.
These parents do not appreciate yet another government program that undermines their parental authority.

The psychiatric establishment and the pharmaceutical industry of course support government mental health screening programs in schools, because they both stand to benefit from millions of new customers. But we should not allow self-interested industries to use a government program to create a captive audience for their products. We should be especially careful about medicating children with psychotropic drugs when their brains are still developing. Far too many children are being stigmatized by dubious diagnoses like Attention Deficit Disorder, and placed on drugs simply because they exhibit behavior that we used to understand as restlessness or rambunctious horseplay. This is especially true of young boys, who cannot thrive in our increasingly feminized government schools. Sadly, many parents and teachers find it easier to drug energetic boys than discipline them.

Dr. Karen R. Effrem, a pediatrician and leading opponent of government mental health screening, makes the following points about such
programs:

Parental rights under such programs are at best unclear, at worst nonexistent; Many parents already have been forced by schools to put their children on psychotropic drugs, and this surely will accelerate under a federal screening program; Screening programs do not prevent suicide; Psychiatric diagnoses are inherently subjective and based on "social constructions"; Most psychiatric drugs do not work in children; We do not know the long-term consequences of using psychiatric drugs on children; and Screening programs will be influenced by politics. Children of religious parents, for example, risk being labeled "homophobic."
Certainly there are legitimate organic mental illnesses, but that does not mean it is the role of government to subject every child to arbitrary screening without the consent of parents. Most Americans still understand that certain things are none of the government's business, even if Congress does not. If you are a parent, do everything you can to protect your children by demanding to be notified of any screening program in their schools. As a voter, let your state and federal legislators know that you don't want tax dollars spent on mental health screening programs. If we act now, we still can prevent the federal government from creating a nationwide, mandatory program that will place millions of American youngsters into a stigmatized, drugged, mental health ghetto.

June 28, 2005
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
::noway::   Why can't these people keep their grimey hands off of our kids?

:flame:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 01:21:23 PM »
Re. Romney, I have to add my two cents here even though I am diverging from the topic a bit, as I can not believe the media is still missing Romney's third big connection to the TT Industry:

Copied from the 'Big Fish CRC Trawls The Waters' thread:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23141&start=13

Quote from: ""Ursus""
Mitt Romney is a co-founder of Bain Capital, LLC.
Bain Capital owns CRC Health Group (purchased Oct 2005, finalized earlier 2006).
CRC purchased Aspen Educational Group September/October 2006.
    ...hence the line from Romney to Aspen Ed.[/list]
    Romney had Litchfield as a major fundraiser.
      ...hence the line from Romney to WWASPS.[/list]
      Romney still has Mel Sembler as a major fundraiser.
        ...hence the line from Romney to Straight, Inc.[/list]
        -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
        « Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »
        You mean to Sembler and Straight?  Because, in name only, Straight is no more.  No one cares.  There's not any ongoing, direct abuse cases being litigated.  Plus, Sembler is a former 2x ambassador and "upstanding member of the community".  Lichfield is a businessman period without the political clout of Sembler.

But yeah.  I hear ya.  Definitely.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
        « Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 01:42:53 PM »
        Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
        You mean to Sembler and Straight?  Because, in name only, Straight is no more.  No one cares.  There's not any ongoing, direct abuse cases being litigated.

Batty is still very much involved in DFAF under all of it's colourful front group alter egos. They're is still very much the driving force behind these government funded Community Coalitions like the one that just bullshitted a couple hundred thousand from Porter County, In to open the next Pathway Family Center (fka Kids Helping Kids, fka Straight, Inc.,)

Same great nightmares, now under a hundred new and interesting aliases.

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
        « Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 02:01:44 PM »
        do they just keep changing names to duck regulations or what?
        Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
        Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
        oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
        « Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »
        Quote from: ""Scarlett Chiclet""
        Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
        You mean to Sembler and Straight?  Because, in name only, Straight is no more.  No one cares.  There's not any ongoing, direct abuse cases being litigated.

Batty is still very much involved in DFAF under all of it's colourful front group alter egos. They're is still very much the driving force behind these government funded Community Coalitions like the one that just bullshitted a couple hundred thousand from Porter County, In to open the next Pathway Family Center (fka Kids Helping Kids, fka Straight, Inc.,)

Same great nightmares, now under a hundred new and interesting aliases.

Yes, I know.  But WWASPS is active under that name now.  If you mention WWASPS, at least some people have heard of it, because it's active under the same name. Not so for Straight.  We]/b] all know it's the same thing, with the same players, with the same ambitioins, but not many other people do.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
        « Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
        Quote from: ""3xsaSeedling""
        do they just keep changing names to duck regulations or what?

Yup, regulations, litigation, bad PR, w/e. These groups run through names faster than hooker with aids.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
        « Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 06:14:17 PM »
        Quote from: ""Scarlett Chiclet""
        These groups run through names faster than hooker with aids.

((LMAO))

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
        « Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 05:11:24 PM »
        While that is funny...
        Since 'human nature' includes ducking responsibility, to an extent...
        Begs the question:  isn't there some way to close those good ol' loopholes?
        Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
        oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
        « Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 11:57:01 AM »
        ... or am I echoing already discussed opinion?
        Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
        oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"