Author Topic: Offer of space if the site ever has to move again....  (Read 2423 times)

Offline AilleCat

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
Offer of space if the site ever has to move again....
« on: September 02, 2007, 04:10:21 AM »
Ginger, I know I haven't been around in a long time, but I have more than enough space to host this site if need be on my FreeBSD box, or even at home on Windows OR FreeBSD (on a 10Mbps uplink)

And I have no problem giving you root...

Just a thought... :)

*love to you* Lots of happened since I';ve been gone on both sides... we should catch up soon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;$solution = undef() until $solution != /coersion/;\" -Antigen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Offer of space if the site ever has to move again....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:17:42 AM »
Quote from: ""AilleCat""
Ginger, I know I haven't been around in a long time, but I have more than enough space to host this site if need be on my FreeBSD box, or even at home on Windows OR FreeBSD (on a 10Mbps uplink)

*love to you* Lots of happened since I';ve been gone on both sides... we should catch up soon.

Do you have a problem being sued? lol we're good for now but back up plans are always good to have.  and no i am not ginger, i only work for her and answer her messages. LOL

Offline AilleCat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Do you have a problem being sued? lol we're good for now but back up plans are always good to have.  and no i am not ginger, i only work for her and answer her messages. LOL

Not really, honestly its not a suit they'd win either, and it would bring all this back into the public eye...

But yes, think of me as a backup plan....

See the reason Godaddy has an issue with hosting this type of thing is because they have no time to evaluiate if a suit has merit, they get a threatening letter, they take things down....

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 04:28:10 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Not really, honestly its not a suit they'd win either, and it would bring all this back into the public eye...

But yes, think of me as a backup plan....

See the reason Godaddy has an issue with hosting this type of thing is because they have no time to evaluiate if a suit has merit, they get a threatening letter, they take things down....

Actually I beg to differ, I talked to them on  the phone the day after they emailed me . We arranged exactly what was going to happen and they had no problems with the dates I asked for or revealing Sue Bitch Scheffs private emails. They didn't have to threaten to take anything down. Netfirms, however, shut our shit down instantly and they had no chance of being sued. Cuz they are pussies.

GD gave me the option, several options actually and the fact is if they took on every law suit they would have been out of business years ago, once they get a legal threat and it has NOTHING to do with them but 2 of their customers (sue is one of their customers too), their attitude is "fuck that im not spending money on your problems". Smart business if you ask me since they aren't a non profit or out to help our cause. It was basically standard operating procedure.

However, they wouldn't have just "taken my server down".  Considering how GOD AWFUL their support is I was initially concerned. But thankfully their abuse dept. kicks ass and has been to college. I hosted fornits when it needed a place, and then i chose to not risk getting shut down seeing that it's my business. I suggested to ginger that we move. We could have also removed the posts and kept the site there,  as if.  But, GD was very cool about it and we actually talked shit about sue scheff on the phone.

The were pretty humored that she tried to bribe them into a "good word" on icaught. yeah that's the way to get business have Sue market you. Right. lol They gave me her emails and attachments to me, even though she asked them to keep them private. When i talked to them on the phone that day I asked if they minded if i sent the emails etc. to parties, like Ginger, who would make them public, after we moved the site.  They said not a problem.

Basically they didn't give a fuck about sue, and they were very cool with me and gave us about as much time as we needed to move. unlike, good ole, no balls having, netfirms.  

just thought i'd clarify that a bit.  still i do think having some back up options and a plan b,c and z are a good thing moving forward.
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »
Behold! My growing minions of guerilla marketeers! Mwoooohahahaha!

Thanks, AilleCat. Good to know we've got some backup.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline AilleCat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 01:49:41 PM »
I am also in the process of getting space at a place that will help *fight* Scheff if we were hosted there and were threatened.

My provider is generally pretty good, and washes their hands of stuff, plus I know the owner, but they have a "Cover Your Ass" AUP, and if they decided to, they could shut my server down, and considering my business is hosted there too, I decided to contact a place I hosted with a few years ago that took Diebold on directly in a Free Speech suit with the EFF for Cease and Desist letters very similar to this situation, just in a different venue...

I am hoping for an answer very soon, but essentially going there would ally ourselfs with a 500 lb Gorilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

BTW,  I suggest that all the sites associated with this fight join EFF, because that in and of itself will go a long way, because as an EFF member, they would obviously have more of a stake in helping to defend us...

-Trish