Author Topic: More Names, the girls in the mall  (Read 1007 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
More Names, the girls in the mall
« on: June 02, 2003, 03:19:00 AM »
Most of the girls who graduated before me wound up working retail.  It was an okay job for the ones who had not screwed up their schooling too bad, and many of the parents helped out in getting them placed.

Jenny Sykes and Jeanne Treinan both worked at Pinellas Square Mall at the Denim Den or something and were always more than happy to see you.  I usually stopped in once a week or so to say hi.  
Marie Ward and Nancy Minton both worked the second floor of Montgomery Wards and I always parked my car near there to come and go from the mall. I got alot of good advice from them and they were like a cornerstone for quite a few of us back then.
Tyrone Mall had it's share of people as well.  Terry Smith was a manager of Shoe Villa, or some damn thing, but ended up screwing up not far into the job.  Scott Travis's mom was the manager of Buster Brown shoes and Scott had to endure dressing up as the Buster Brown Kid and handing out balloons and shit.  I would have left home if it were me!  I'm pretty sure Sue Cookson worked at a keymaking booth for a while, and a couple of faceless guys worked at the AMC Theatres.  Scott Travis worked at Farrells Ice Cream Parlor and got beat up by some jocks one Friday night, so a bunch of us met at the 7 Step Rap that Saturday and went over to Farrells and hid behind the dumpsters and waited.  They came back that night and we bounced some trash cans off their Camero,  but they were too chicken to get out and rumble.

People came and went, and the 7 Step group went from an alltime high of 127 people down to less than 30 by 1981.  Under Newton's duranged guidance the most I ever saw was maybe 40 tops.

Marie Ward is married with 2 boys, active in civic events and owns an apartment building.  She is fairly recognizable, but is very cold in person.

Jeanne Treinan stays to herself and was working at Raymond James off 49th Street last time I saw her.  She gets around on the public bus system and I don't even know if she knows how to drive or not.  Jenny Sykes lives in Manatee County and delivers auto parts.  Her and her sister Marnie are still close.

Last time I saw Scott Travis, he had a high level job in the Navy and lived in Washington State.  Oh yeah, Julie Ferron flew into a gas station I worked at part-time in '97.  She lives on the beach somewhere and hardly ever leaves it.  That's about it I guess.  I think I will kill this topic and let it die as it is.  I mean I could try to come up with more names, but what's the point?  It is'nt as if these people are gonna respond or anything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
More Names, the girls in the mall
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »
. I think I will kill this topic and let it die as it is. I mean I could try to come up with more names, but what's the point? It is'nt as if these people are gonna respond or anything.
True, but these posts make for good reading -
Scott Travis worked at Farrells Ice Cream Parlor and got beat up by some jocks one Friday night, so a bunch of us met at the 7 Step Rap that Saturday and went over to Farrells and hid behind the dumpsters and waited. They came back that night and we bounced some trash cans off their Camero, but they were too chicken to get out and rumble.
:tup:
Jeanne Treinan stays to herself and was working at Raymond James off 49th Street last time I saw her. She gets around on the public bus system and I don't even know if she knows how to drive or not.

I'm another one who never learned how to drive until a few years back. Used to ride a bike or take the bus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »