Author Topic: Ed Consultant-Martha Kolbe  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ed Consultant-Martha Kolbe
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »
There have only been a handful of licensed people who have worked for HLA.  Which ones did he ask to amend psych evals?  Again, give specifics if you are going to throw out allegations such as this.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, I am just saying be specific.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 07:43:56 AM »
As you know, to post someone's name on this forum, especially the names of licensed professionals who are already embarrassed enough simply by the fact that they worked for Hidden Lake Academy, would jepordize their career.  Most of these people are friends of mine.  They demonstrated their professional and personal ethics by leaving HLA, and should not be embarrassed further.  Apparently, you know them as well, since you know how few there have been.  Contact them directly.  All are in private practice and are highly respected.  

Additionally, if you know any former HLAers who also resigned for ethical reasons, and they are numerous, who were well placed enough in the organization to have known what was really going on, ask them.  There are a few out there who don't fear Len and aren't afraid to speak the truth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »
Quote from: ""dee""
As you know, to post someone's name on this forum, especially the names of licensed professionals who are already embarrassed enough simply by the fact that they worked for Hidden Lake Academy, would jepordize their career.  Most of these people are friends of mine.  They demonstrated their professional and personal ethics by leaving HLA, and should not be embarrassed further.  Apparently, you know them as well, since you know how few there have been.  Contact them directly.  All are in private practice and are highly respected.  

Additionally, if you know any former HLAers who also resigned for ethical reasons, and they are numerous, who were well placed enough in the organization to have known what was really going on, ask them.  There are a few out there who don't fear Len and aren't afraid to speak the truth.

Dr. Horwitz is a good one, however, if the ORS interviewed him, the place
would probably have been shut down. Without these people being testifying, there is no hope.

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »
I believe Dr. Hunter was liscenced but she was a quack. She prescribed me a well known overdose of a medication called Lexapro. My father was the one who discovered it and she quickly lowered my doasage because I was "making progress".

So even if there have been liscenced people at HLA, it doesn't mean their worth anything.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 11:21:50 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

would probably have been shut down. Without these people being testifying, there is no hope.

the only problem with that though is that dr h would probably lose his license too!!  ::ftard::

then there is the current (or at least the last one i knew of) who not only would overmedicate students but would constantly change medication!! it was amazing that any of the students got what they were supposed to with ALL the changes that she would make...
even though the "nurses" held a lot of the fault for the medication mistakes they had a lot to deal with with the constant changes!!!
 ::bangin::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »
i got to HLA on 50mg/day of zoloft. i was feeling increasingly depressed, so the doctor that was around before horowitz (was it dr. hunter?) upped my meds to 200mg/ a day. i started to get nercoleptic, e.g. i'd be sitting in class and i'd have to struggle to keep my eyes open, and when they were open theyd cris cross and fade in and out constantly. i actually fell asleep once in the middle of me talking in reals. it took HLA 2 months to figure out that it was the meds and not a lack of sleep. i kept telling them i got enough sleep and it was the meds. they seemed to think i was just staying up too late, and they seemed to think that by putting me on "clean air" (in a sleeping bag on the floor in the hallway in front of the nightstaff) would ensure that i got a good nights rest. idiots.  
Dr horowitz came in and he was like "no wonder you're sleepy!" he got me off clean air and changed my meds to 20mg lexapro. the narcolepsy stopped, and i even started feeling happy. but it also backfired, it's been 3 1/2 years since i left and i only recently managed to get off of lexapro.

what they dont tell you...what they failed to tell me, is that Lexapro is also highly addictive in the sense that although i'm not compelled to take it, the withdrawl is horrible. you feel sick, have "brain zaps" every split second, and if you try to stand up you pass out. combine that with the fact that lexapro also kills your sex drive, i hade a shitty time either way. i tried cold turkey, and i ended up in the hospital. it took me 6 months to taper off to nothing. 2 months completely off lexapro and all other drugs besides herbal stuff and weed, and i'm finnaly getting back to normal. antidepressants completely block that emotional sense of good or bad "vibrations", and your ability to pick up on other peoples inner needs and emotions. and your intuition and instincts go right out the window. you have no idea how much antidepressants cloud your mind, your emotions, and even your morals; untill you stop taking them. it's like waking up from a coma.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »

the only problem with that though is that dr h would probably lose his license too!!  ::ftard::

then there is the current (or at least the last one i knew of) who not only would overmedicate students but would constantly change medication!! it was amazing that any of the students got what they were supposed to with ALL the changes that she would make...
even though the "nurses" held a lot of the fault for the medication mistakes they had a lot to deal with with the constant changes!!!
 ::bangin::

FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD:
NO HE WOULD NOT LOOSE HIS LICENSE.  BUCCELLATO COULD POSSSIBLY.  HORWITZ HELD HIS GROUND AND HIS 'OATH', THAT IS WHY
HE WAS REPLACED.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Psychiatrist had no other option, but to send this letter to parents...He, too cared what happened to the children..Also, he needed to 'cover' himself should something go terribly wrong...The events above happened after he had left..I believe he left in May. Bucci wanted the
pyschotropic meds. and amount of students on them lowered..Horwitz would not do it, he took
an oath,and said it would be a disaster and one that he could not take responsibilty for...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »
GENERAL PSYCHIATRY
COMMONS
BUILDING ONE, SUITE 730
ATLANTA. GA. 30328
Phone 770-394-5050 Fax 770-730-0998
5/15/05

Dear HLA Parents,
Due to the fact that so many parents have inquired regarding my departure from HLA, I see no reason to withhold the truth. Two months ago, HLA hired another psychiatrist, to "Help share the load and give parents a choice". Which I thought was an excellent decision. Very quickly HLA started having her see many of the students I had been treating without informing me or having me discuss the case with her. This was frequently done in the guise of quoting me as asking for a "second opinion" even in most cases where I had worked closely with the parents and the student was doing excellent. As of yet, the new psychiatrist still has made no attempt to contact me even to say hello. My guess is HLA has strongly discouraged this contact.
As time went on, no new students were assigned to me. On several occasions 1 specifically asked both the HR director (who never returned my calls), and the CFO if I would be replaced. I was told on several occasions that 1 definitely was to be staying Only after some pressing and pointing out the odd behavior on the part of HLA did the assistant head counselor state in fact, I was being "phased out". Keeping in mind that HLA is a small community. I can hardly believe that these events were simply an oversight or a communicat: jn issue.
I believe this deceptive process which HLA had chosen is highly unethical and clearly is not in the student's or parent's best interest in any way. Therefore, by their actions, HLA has assumed total responsibility for any student under my care and has the complete task of their continued care whether it is to transport them to my office or have the new psychiatrist conduct a complete evaluation and continued treatment. As is clearly evident, the transition could have been ridiculously easy, professional, and effective if HLA had simply been open and forthright regarding their intentions.
I hope you can appreciate my actions and current position in not being able to work effectively in such an environment. I was saddened to quickly leave under such circumstances. I can only hope that HLA keeps their new pool cleaner than they did their relationship with me. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions. 1 very much enjoyed working with you and your child and hope I was of help. Thank you.
Sincerely,
V ~~

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:32 PM »
Now this is the kind of info that is helpful to people really wanting to know something about HLA.

Ironically, HLA was originally supposed to be a non-medication facility.  They were not supposed to enroll kids who needed meds.  Obviously Len chose to change that standard.

The desire to grow too quickly is what ultimately killed HLA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »
Trust me, with or without Judge O'Kelley, the story is going to be told.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »
they went from a facility that had a minimal amount of students (MAYBE 10%) on medication to a facility that has upwards to 90% of students on medication...and not just antidepressants...some hard core medication...anti psychotics, stimulants, depressants...and many on 2 or more medications that have to be taken daily!!!

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 09:53:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Lacey""
I believe Dr. Hunter was liscenced but she was a quack. She prescribed me a well known overdose of a medication called Lexapro. My father was the one who discovered it and she quickly lowered my doasage because I was "making progress".

So even if there have been liscenced people at HLA, it doesn't mean their worth anything.

How much Lexapro were you on?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 11:12:24 PM »
they went from a facility that had a minimal amount of students (MAYBE 10%) on medication to a facility that has upwards to 90% of students on medication...and not just antidepressants...some hard core medication...anti psychotics, stimulants, depressants...and many on 2 or more medications that have to be taken daily!!!

That is the biggest piece of evidence that they now take kids that they never would have taken in the beginning.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 12:07:34 AM »

That is the biggest piece of evidence that they now take kids that they never would have taken in the beginning.

Non of this matters anymore because it has fallen on deaf ears.  The Ed. cons don't care, they see dollars.  It is business.  Hold a vigil at the courthouse with a handful of parents?