Author Topic: Ed Consultant-Martha Kolbe  (Read 4469 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ed Consultant-Martha Kolbe
« on: August 30, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »
Is Martha Kolbe still referring kids to HLA? I certainly hope not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Ed Consultant-Martha Kolbe
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Is Martha Kolbe still referring kids to HLA? I certainly hope not.

They are all back referring

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »
Of course they are.  They wouldn't let things like inadaquit or non-existent staff, unsafe conditions, impending financial collapse of the school, or the fact that he owes over $800,000 in unpaid refunds to parents going back years and years stand in their way.  It's never been about the student or the family with these vultures, and certainly not with Len.  It's about scratching each other's back and greasing each other's palm.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
Quote from: ""dee""
Of course they are.  They wouldn't let things like inadaquit or non-existent staff, unsafe conditions, impending financial collapse of the school, or the fact that he owes over $800,000 in unpaid refunds to parents going back years and years stand in their way.  It's never been about the student or the family with these vultures, and certainly not with Len.  It's about scratching each other's back and greasing each other's palm.

What current staff are inadequate?
What is the current staff/student ratio?
How, specifically, are the conditions unsafe?

Please be specific.  Your hyperbally gets the conversation nowhere and does not help anyone.

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:37:24 PM »
hyperbole. And all of that information is all over the threads in this website. Do a little reading.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 12:17:23 AM »
HLA has always been, and will always be unsafe.

take 150 troubled kids, many with violent histories and from violent, dysfunctional homes, lock them up together and humiliate them on a daily basis. guess what happens....it aint much different from prison.

Sure, HLA takes great care of certain aspects of safety - e.g in r.c.i they are super strict about rock climbing safety. and if you get hurt you get good treatment (usualy) minus painkillers. but once it's lights out many, many things can, will, and have happened. anything from harrasment, peer-pressured homosexuality, from "fight clubs" to actual fights, and even rape.

because of the fallout system along with the skinnerian ideology, weak-willed kids who tattle are at the greatest risk. it's not uncommon for kids to gang up and either use violence or even polititcal or administrative manipulation to hurt the narc.

also take into account the amount of violent incidents which occur at hidden lake. i've been to 5 schools and 2 colleges in the last six years, and between my family and freinds i've heard about/spent time at/visited a dozen or so other schools. no place came close to the violence at hidden lake. OK, maybe inner city public schools you might find this kind of violence. Here is a list of just the major incidents which occured while i was attending (20 months)
- kid stabbed in head with pencil
- kid stabbed in abdomen with pencil
- two boys locking a narc in a closet, then whipping him till he bled
- a full out brawl between a taikwondo trained korean student and staff
- a brawl between a 2 boys which required a dozen staff and police intervention to break up.
- a bloody fight over which music channel to put on - classic rock vs. metal
- kid getting fingers broken in a door for narking
- multiple incidents of "soap-bar beatings" - a group of kids with soap bars in socks swung at an individual being held down on a bed. like in "full metal jacket".

and we all know about the tree limb incident.

and there are plenty more. now does this sound like a $6,000/mo boarding school, or a public school in harlem?  

maybe i should start mentioning all of the suicide attempts too.

24/7 supervision (which they do not really have - although they claim it) will never be able to keeplocked up disgruntled crazy kids from going at each others throats. never.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
Quote from: ""dee""

What current staff are inadequate?
What is the current staff/student ratio?
How, specifically, are the conditions unsafe?

Please be specific.  Your hyperbally gets the conversation nowhere and does not help anyone.

Who on the counseling staff is licensed?  Give me a name.  How about admitting diagnosed pedophiles, and one actually diagnosed by little Len himself, as well as those with other serious psychosis and with histories of  recent suicide attempts.  I've got the psych reports.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:15 AM »
I love ya Dee. Tell it all TELL IT ALLLLLLL!! The truth should be known.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 09:34:12 AM »
Thank you to the last couple of posters who have put in specifics.  That's all I am asking for.  That would be helpful to a parent in making an informed decision.

As for the liscenced counselors, I do not think they are required by the state to have a license.  I think they must be license eligible and are currently seeking to have a license.  Now, there may be counselors their that are not seeking a license.  I don't know.  I just wanted to offer that point of clarification.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 09:47:14 AM »
We have been verey specific and giving truths and honest testimony to prospective parents that are considering HLA as a choice for their child. I have even offered personally to give out my email address and phone # to any parent before they make the mistake of sending their child to HLA. I am a parent of a recent former student of HLA and would love to tell the real truth of HLA before a parent makes the same costly and bad mistake of choosing HLA. We have talked and tried to get the information out to help these parents beforehand, however, I have not even had 1 prospective parent try and talk to me. You can lead a horse to water, BUT..you cannot make him drink. I just want to help any prospective parent that I can before they sign that HLA contract and pay that money. I can talk to you and give you a list of lots of recent former parents that can tell you the truth before you go there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 09:48:08 AM »
excuse the typos in my last post..Yikes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 02:27:18 PM »
Thank you to the last couple of posters who have put in specifics.  That's all I am asking for.  That would be helpful to a parent in making an informed decision.

As for the liscenced counselors, I do not think they are required by the state to have a license.  I think they must be license eligible and are currently seeking to have a license.  Now, there may be counselors their that are not seeking a license.  I don't know.  I just wanted to offer that point of clarification.

It is difficult to get a license, when one does not have a degree.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 03:38:02 PM »
Dee,

I have tried to PM you, are you not registered?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 05:04:25 PM »
Dee hasn't registered a user name. Perhaps s/he will.
Dee, btw, having a registered user name doesn't violate anonymity. It just makes it possible for others to send you private messages. You don't have to use the user name for any other purpose.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 07:43:39 PM »

I have stated in this forum before why HLA counselors are not licensed, although through the years many of them were eligible for licensure.  We have all seen how Len takes unfair, unethical, and perhaps illegal advantage of a license.  We have all heard directly from the sources how he has pressured those who were licensed to "amend" psych evals to conform to what he wanted in a report.  No licensed clinician in his or her right mind would risk their license, their reputation, and their integrity to work for Len.