Author Topic: The little dots keep going around & around in a circle..  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
The little dots keep going around & around in a circle..
« on: August 23, 2007, 11:55:33 AM »
I'll attempt to descibe this best I can. I open up some browser tabs as usual (in order to view latest posts on a given forum) and they seem to load fine except for the fact that the little wheel doesn't stop moving, which is the browser's way of tell me, the user, that the page hasn't fully loaded yet.... This just started today. What makes this even weirder is that I have java turned off so I have no clue as to what may be the cause. I'm letting you all know about this now before it potentially gets worse somehow...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:20:25 PM »
I've experienced this in the past, but seemingly bad earlier today (seems okay now).  I'm on FireFox, Java turned on.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 01:28:44 PM »
Yes it seems ok now.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
It's probably just one image file or some such that's not loading. Does it happen on all pages or just particular posts? Some of those off site avatars and other stuff could be the problem.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:31:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Scarlett Chiclet""
It's probably just one image file or some such that's not loading. Does it happen on all pages or just particular posts? Some of those off site avatars and other stuff could be the problem.

All pages, and it's not doing it all now.. makes me think it had to be something else.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
All pages, and it's not doing it all now.. makes me think it had to be something else.

Same for me (all pages previously, not doing it now)...

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 02:45:20 PM »
What I've noticed today is pages opening slower and messages are slow to post.
Also the past week, several times I would refresh the page and scroll down the index but all there would be was vertical lines, like the text bled down the page.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »
Ok, then the next most likely explanation is that Kelly's indexing or otherwise taxing the shit out of the database. I'll ask her if anything like that's gong on. Otherwise, could be a denial of service attack or maybe even legitimate interest from real live people actually reading the site.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »
Ok, then the next most likely explanation is that Kelly's indexing or otherwise taxing the shit out of the database. I'll ask her if anything like that's gong on. Otherwise, could be a denial of service attack or maybe even legitimate interest from real live people actually reading the site.

nope i do nothing during the daytime that would tax shit outta shit. but the index is growing now thats going to slow things down.
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The little dots keep going around & around in a circ
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
I'll attempt to descibe this best I can. I open up some browser tabs as usual (in order to view latest posts on a given forum) and they seem to load fine except for the fact that the little wheel doesn't stop moving, which is the browser's way of tell me, the user, that the page hasn't fully loaded yet.... This just started today. What makes this even weirder is that I have java turned off so I have no clue as to what may be the cause. I'm letting you all know about this now before it potentially gets worse somehow...

hmmm the wheel keep a spinnin... what browser? does it show it "contacting" any site etc. down in your status bar? just curious.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »
Quote from: ""webdiva""

hmmm the wheel keep a spinnin... what browser? does it show it "contacting" any site etc. down in your status bar? just curious.

Frod said FireFox, Java off.  I'm on FireFox too, but Java on.  From what I remember, wwf.fornits was noted in the status bar, but I don't think the phrase was "contacting."  More like something akin to "retrieving information."

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 05:11:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""webdiva""

Frod said FireFox, Java off.  I'm on FireFox too, but Java on.  From what I remember, wwf.fornits was noted in the status bar, but I don't think the phrase was "contacting."  More like something akin to "retrieving information."

yes idiot girl missed that too busy drooling over avatar to pay attention?  lol anyway yeah got it! sorry. well could be just a problem with frods wheel lol or seriously speaking try it in IE and see if it does the same.  Im not seeing it occur in IE or FF. FWIW. DOUEITRKSWL!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »
Fwiw, it's doing it again right now...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 10:57:35 AM »
Fwiw, it's doing it again right now...

Oh, YEAH!!  I have to stop the page from continuing to load, its so friggin' annoying... goes on for minutes, doesn't seem to ever stop.

Stopping the page from finishing the load does not seem to prevent it from being viewed in its apparent entirety, nor from posting for that matter, if this post makes it through...

Right now, for what it's worth, the status bar reads "Waiting for www.assoc-amazon.com..."

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Oh, YEAH!!  I have to stop the page from continuing to load, its so friggin' annoying... goes on for minutes, doesn't seem to ever stop.
The Esc button will stop it, but yes, it's annoying...

Right now, for what it's worth, the status bar reads "Waiting for www.assoc-amazon.com..."

:idea: :idea: :idea: lol