Author Topic: Laws Broken  (Read 8875 times)

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Laws Broken
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
Quote from: ""str8h8er""
I really dont know if I totally agree here. I understand that each case is individual. I also agree that is one was kept against their will at the age of 18 and over is a crime and considered kidnapping. In my case, my parents had joint custody. JOINT. However my mother signed me into the program behind my fathers back and with out his permission. For 10 months my father and step mother tried contacting everyone they knew, upto and including Nancy Reagan herself. After my step mother wrote her a letter explaining what had happened, I got out a week later. Released to the custody of my father.

With all that is known about Straight and shit holes like it, I can not believe that we, the survivors of said shit holes do not have recourse. I just do not get it. Depriving people of our personal freedoms and worse. Not allowing us to go to school/work and have no contact with the outside world. To me, that is fucking kidnapping.

Your situation is what I was thinking about in regards to the possibility of kidnapping of minors. There are definitely laws pertaining to those specific situations. For example, one parent takes kid for the weekend but refuses to return the kid to the other parent, or one parent just disappears with the kid, etc.

The other situation I had in mind was where Straight used program parents (not the child's parents) or 7 steppers to forcibly return cop outs. I would think that it is at least arguable that this was kidnapping. These individuals did not have legal custody and were not on staff so I cant see how they could hunt down, capture and forcible hold and return a minor child to Straight without it being legally kidnapping.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline str8h8er

• View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
Quote from: "Nonconformistlaw" Your situation is what I was thinking about in regards to the possibility of kidnapping of minors. There are definitely laws pertaining to those specific situations. For example, one parent takes kid for the weekend but refuses to return the kid to the other parent, or one parent just disappears with the kid, etc.

The other situation I had in mind was where Straight used program parents (not the child's parents) or 7 steppers to forcibly return cop outs. I would think that it is at least arguable that this was kidnapping. These individuals did not have legal custody and were not on staff so I cant see how they could hunt down, capture and forcible hold and return a minor child to Straight without it being legally kidnapping.[/quote

Hmmm, thinking about the first point you made. I agree, it is considered kidnapping if one parent kidnaps a kid from the other parent. I am thinking it may apply in my case. Who know's? The more and more I read, the more I am informed and the more confused I get.

I think about the possibility of a "lawsuit" and what that would exactly mean for the survivors.

It wouldn't stop the abuse that occured.

It wouldn't give back the time we lost, the schoolong we lost.

It will never repay being broken down, and broken down until there is nothing left.

It wont make up for being restrained by fat ass bitches more times then I can count, that held their hands over my nose and mouth at the same time, just to scare the shit out of me in hopes of producing a confession out of me.

It wont help in making up for sleep depervation I endured at that time.

It wont make up for the malnutrition I suffered during that time.

It wont make up for the nightmares I had consistantly for years, and still do off and on.

It wont make up for being led around like a dog by your belt-loop.

It wont make up for my bleeding ass from not being able to shit for the first few weeks I was in there.

It will not solve my inability to trust. ANYONE!!!!! or question their intensions.

It wont make up for any of it.
Women who wear jockstrap make fake ballroom.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 05:08:06 PM »

I think about the possibility of a "lawsuit" and what that would exactly mean for the survivors.

It wouldn't stop the abuse that occured.

It wouldn't give back the time we lost, the schoolong we lost.

It will never repay being broken down, and broken down until there is nothing left.

It wont make up for being restrained by fat ass bitches more times then I can count, that held their hands over my nose and mouth at the same time, just to scare the shit out of me in hopes of producing a confession out of me.

It wont help in making up for sleep depervation I endured at that time.

It wont make up for the malnutrition I suffered during that time.

It wont make up for the nightmares I had consistantly for years, and still do off and on.

It wont make up for being led around like a dog by your belt-loop.

It wont make up for my bleeding ass from not being able to shit for the first few weeks I was in there.

It will not solve my inability to trust. ANYONE!!!!! or question their intensions.

It wont make up for any of it.

You are absolutely right----no amount of money will make up for any of these things.  I could see getting a feeling of vindication, maybe, but a class action suit would make a couple of lawyers rich and give each survivor a check for $50.

Personally, and in no way do I say this in a "get over it" type context, to you or anyone else, I am morwe interested in "recovering from recovery", learning how to build a healthy and sustainable life from the shit that I, and others like me, went through.   I want to learn how to heal the wounds, or at least learn how to cope with them.   The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off at myself for letting those assholes continue to influence me for so long.

Offline str8h8er

• View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »
To recover from Straight I have to be able to come to terms with it.

So far I haven't and still have no clue on how to go about it.
Women who wear jockstrap make fake ballroom.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2007, 05:24:48 PM »
Well, it ain't easy, I can tell you that much.   The real bitch for me is that for so long I seemd to be unaware of just how deeply they did influence and affect me.  I just thought I was the only one who thought the place was fucked up.   Then, some 20+ years later, I Google "Straight, Inc." and find these sites.   Jaw-dropping.  I freaked when I saw how many others basically have the same story as I do, with variations.  I think I may suffer from PTSD, I dunno, I'm not a shrink........but I do know I have a LOT in common with those who have been diagnosed with PTSD/PTSS.   It's fucked up, I know, and coming to terms with it is just the beginning, it seems.

Where do I go from here?   Those seem to be the words on everyone's lips.......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2007, 05:32:36 PM »
One thing I'd like to see come from any lawsuit is, LAWS to govern these places. I want to stop this from continuing to happen.

I was on that floor every day, people physically forced me to do almost everything on a daily basis or withheld personal rights to force me to do so. To imagine children still endure any of what happen to me in there haunts my  every moment. I want to see children have the right to say:

HEY THIS ISN"T RIGHT,  I WANT TO SEE A LAWYER OR SOCIAL WORKER OR MY PARENTS.

Of all the things I was denied, the single right to object to what was going on around me was the most terminal, I still can not object about it to my own family. I asked for a withdraw every day, and while I got out  faster than 7th steppers, 6.5 long months on consequences was inhumane, in every way I could describe to you. But my own family still sees that whole ordeal as my inability to comply w/ SOCIETY's RULES.... Who the fuck ordained Straights philosophy, as The general norm of Society?

This is what MUST change to save the future's children. Children must be given the same rights as humans that many take for granted, or just take from others. The power struggle of the powerful and weak must be re-looked at and evaluated, no matter the context.

If I could just find that magic way to stop this kind of treatment from still continuing, my life would somehow seem justified.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »
ok, so what about a Semblerite (straightinc exec) who is "exposed", but their current bosses ignore his past behavior, he still works around kids, shaping their heads, the media does not report it, actually intentionally avoids it etc... and everyone else doesn't seem to give a shit?

Ignoring the past bad behavior of an
employee is not a crime, so the ongoing
criminal conspiracy angle will not work.
However, if the employer knows that his
employee is a potential danger to the
community, but does not fire him, and
the employee violates the rights of another
child in his workplace, the employer could be
held criminally culpable or civilly liable.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
A Victory of Sorts
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2007, 08:49:37 PM »
Fuck the dumbshit and pay attention please!  We had us a pretty significant victory back in the fall of 2004.  From the heart of Sparkling Downtown St. Petersburg Florida, Mel Sembler and his goons attempted to launch a kid friendly community website for the DFAF (drug free america foundation) that was paid for lock, stock, and barrel with OUR blood, sweat, tears and fears.  It was a cute enough little site, with all sorts of interactive bullshit.  Once we were all alerted to it's existance, several of us veterans commenced to bombarding the shit out of it with STRAIGHT INC testimonies and derogatory statements.  

After just 4 short days, they were forced to shut the fuck down and at least 3 separate agencies had to launch investigations into the allegations posted on the site by us.  Sembler and his bunch were forced to face the truth that they are a bunch of money grubbing assholes that have no business in the area of community service.
Since then, Sembler and the DFAF have been pretty damn careful about touting thier so called "sucesses" regarding the Straight Programs, and pretty much avoid mentioning it anymore.  Instead they are concentrating on lame-ass statistics connected to their dumbass and ineffective anti-drug propaganda.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Laws Broken
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2007, 09:27:42 PM »

Give yourself some time, dont know if anyone fully "comes to terms" with it. but whatever the outcome, it will take time. Many people block it out for 10-20 years so it's not going to work itself out over night.

Just give it some time, talk about it, vent, bitch, help, whatever you need to do.  You're human, you've been through a trauma, allow yourself time to heal. I don't know if time heals "all" wounds as they say but it definitely does get a bit easier to deal with as time goes by.  Course I would never want it to get too easy, for myself, it motivates me to try to cause a change in this world and has made me, at times, much more compassionate.
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: A Victory of Sorts
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
Quote from: ""85 Day Jerk""
Fuck the dumbshit and pay attention please!  We had us a pretty significant victory back in the fall of 2004.  From the heart of Sparkling Downtown St. Petersburg Florida, Mel Sembler and his goons attempted to launch a kid friendly community website for the DFAF (drug free america foundation) that was paid for lock, stock, and barrel with OUR blood, sweat, tears and fears.  It was a cute enough little site, with all sorts of interactive bullshit.  Once we were all alerted to it's existance, several of us veterans commenced to bombarding the shit out of it with STRAIGHT INC testimonies and derogatory statements.  

After just 4 short days, they were forced to shut the fuck down and at least 3 separate agencies had to launch investigations into the allegations posted on the site by us.  Sembler and his bunch were forced to face the truth that they are a bunch of money grubbing assholes that have no business in the area of community service.
Since then, Sembler and the DFAF have been pretty damn careful about touting thier so called "sucesses" regarding the Straight Programs, and pretty much avoid mentioning it anymore.  Instead they are concentrating on lame-ass statistics connected to their dumbass and ineffective anti-drug propaganda.

Nice one!

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
Laws broken
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
Will you help me as well ?

I LUV U WEDBDIVA  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:question:

Give yourself some time, dont know if anyone fully "comes to terms" with it. but whatever the outcome, it will take time. Many people block it out for 10-20 years so it's not going to work itself out over night.

Just give it some time, talk about it, vent, bitch, help, whatever you need to do.  You're human, you've been through a trauma, allow yourself time to heal. I don't know if time heals "all" wounds as they say but it definitely does get a bit easier to deal with as time goes by.  Course I would never want it to get too easy, for myself, it motivates me to try to cause a change in this world and has made me, at times, much more compassionate.[/quote]

http://stroke.freeforums.org/index.php? ... 9bf3c85a42

Illuminate the path we tred.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Laws broken
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 12:13:29 AM »
Quote from: ""Nikki""

Quote from: ""webdiva""

Just give it some time, talk about it, vent, bitch, help, whatever you need to do.  You're human, you've been through a trauma, allow yourself time to heal. I don't know if time heals "all" wounds as they say but it definitely does get a bit easier to deal with as time goes by.  Course I would never want it to get too easy, for myself, it motivates me to try to cause a change in this world and has made me, at times, much more compassionate.

hmmm very very interesting.

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »
OFCOURSE 8-)

[/quote]

hmmm very very interesting.[/quote]

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »
Quote from: ""Nikki""
OFCOURSE 8-)

and you need help with what? having a gender identity crisis?

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 02:53:17 PM »
GINGER WHO ?

OHHHHH GENDER. NO MY POLE IS STURDY.

[/quote]

and you need help with what? having a gender identity crisis?[/quote]