Author Topic: Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible  (Read 3524 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible
« on: August 18, 2007, 01:21:31 PM »
Headline on CNN:

Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean
The government of Jamaica -- preparing for Hurricane Dean -- issued a hurricane warning today, meaning that hurricane conditions are expected within the area within the next 24 hours. Forecasters fear Dean will be a Category 5 monster with 155 mph winds by then. full story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So - what is WWASPS doing to ensure the safety of the students being held in their compound?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »
Message on TAUSA
http://www.teenadvocatesusa.org/FrontPage.html

TRANQUILITY BAY, JAMAICA
Under Hurricane Warning

Posted 8-18-07  1:15 p.m.

Due to severe weather conditions, parents may be unable to directly contact the U.S. Consular's office in Jamaica.  For specific inquiries about the safety and welfare of their child , parents can contact the Department of State,  Bureau of Consular Affairs Oveseas Citizens Services at 1-888- 407-4747 beginning at 8 a.m. tomorrow (Sunday, 8-19-07)  

SEE ALSO:  DOS FACTSHEET BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION FACILITIES  

Links: U.S. Consular's Office in Jamaica

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/informati ... elers.html

Department of State FACTSHEET

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/bro ... _1220.html

** It has been confirmed that the U.S. Department of State is working with the US Embassy in Jamaica relevant to their concerns for the safety and welfare of kids at TB due to the hurricane.

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
Re: Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""
Headline on CNN:

The government of Jamaica -- preparing for Hurricane Dean -- issued a hurricane warning today, meaning that hurricane conditions are expected within the area within the next 24 hours. Forecasters fear Dean will be a Category 5 monster with 155 mph winds by then. full story

So - what is WWASPS doing to ensure the safety of the students being held in their compound?

Probably the same as HanzoMom 4 did to ensure the safety of her child.NOTHING!!!!!

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Re: Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 08:22:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Michael Muldoon""
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""
Headline on CNN:

Probably the same as HanzoMom 4 did to ensure the safety of her child.NOTHING!!!!!

WTF?!
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:04 PM »
Well,you said yourself that you are a former program parent who has seen the light and all but it is probably a ruse.

Past behavior doesn't always predict future behavior but if the shoe fits...

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Michael Muldoon""
Well,you said yourself that you are a former program parent who has seen the light and all but it is probably a ruse.

Past behavior doesn't always predict future behavior but if the shoe fits...

No I'm not a program parent, or a mom, or a woman. But any way see my post in the open free for all, I hope it clears things up. Peace  :lol:
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »
So maybe the TB place will get washed out to sea. Hopefully the kids don't get hurt.   They weren't evacuated from the island, so they go back to an even bigger mess. There has to be something someone could do about that, like charge the parents or somethin with reckless endangerment maybe? these kids are probably freakin out right about now.

Did anyone reading this go through that IVAN one while at TB? If so, what was it like?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i did
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 12:57:20 PM »
I was there when Ivan went through.  it wasn't all that bad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 01:39:23 PM »
In Jamaica, hurricanes just make more shit to pile up. Look around now, there's shit everywhere!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 08:16:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
In Jamaica, hurricanes just make more shit to pile up. Look around now, there's shit everywhere!

Well - its not like most folks "here" are able to look around "there". The media isn't giving Dean in Jamaica much coverage. They all had reporters in Kingston, reporting about down trees and so on, but there has been nothing from around Treasure Beach - and looking at the satellite map - it looked like the eye of the storm scraped right over the area - which would include the facility know as Tranquility Bay - which houses a fair number of American kids.

Any word on where those kids are? Any word on if the facility known as Tranquility Bay is still sitting on the beach front; Or are the concrete blocks and iron gates that made up TB part of the "shit" you speak of laying around?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 09:16:40 PM »
I thought TB was shut down
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 10:30:38 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
I thought TB was shut down

No - there are still kids there and they are still sending kids there.
If you read Jay Kay's letter (which is all I saw that indicated any kind of change) he speaks of moving a lot of the kids to the old Bethel academy facility - but he goes on to say TB will be used for the more program resistant kids ( I paraphrase) which one can fairly assume means they are making it into a new High Impact type facility.

They never did give up on the concept of a High Impact program. They were building one at Dundee Ranch before the raid and closing of that facility. I believe it is now being used to work over Narvin's horses. But anyway, the fact they were building it with the intent of working kids over  leads me to believe they still aspire to having a place that is especially hellish to terrify the kids with. TB always was such a place - but now it appears they are intending to be more open about the fact.

I can see how this would be a good choice from Their perspective. Where else have they operated for years with persistent and consistent reports of horrible treatment of the kids with out interference from the outside? Besides the United States I mean. And even Montana or Utah might balk at a High Impact type of facility. They appear to be safe from interference in Jamaica; except perhaps for interference by Mother Nature.

Where are the kids? Is the facility safe and sound? I wish we knew.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »
Here's the letter. Read it carefully. It does not say that TB is closing - and I don't know why so many think it does.

Dear Parents/Guardians and Friends,

In order to alleviate any more rumors we felt it was time to notify everyone
what is happening with Tranquility Bay. We have had a great 10 years and our
staff has been tremendous. We could not have accomplished anything without your
support and dedication.

Financially TB is at a time when change has become necessary. With this in mind
we have thought long and hard about our options. The best solution we have come
up with is to basically transplant our Program to Gulf Coast Academy in
Mississippi. I have personally visited the facility and find it to be well
suited for our kids.

Tranquility Bay will continue to deal with Zero Tolerance kids from other
programs. As you know the new passport requirements have held up many, many
enrollments. We are confident over the next few months that parents will get
their children passports.

We would ask you to contact Gulf Coast Academy as soon as possible and arrange
for a transfer of your child. The contact information will be sent to you
tomorrow by your Family Rep. The BBS makes it difficult to put in phone numbers
as well as web addresses.

I will certainly be involved with the Gulf Coast Academy school to make sure the
transition is as smooth as possible. In addition to this Dr. Chappuis has agreed
to assist in a smooth transition. We are hopeful that some of our staff will be
able to work at the school as well. Clearly this will assist everyone.

We do not see this holding any students back, in fact, they may be able to move
a little quicker.

Again, we appreciate your support and look forward to a smooth transition in
this new venture. Remember, change is a good thing.

Thanks and Love,

Jay
to you in private.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
High Impact on Dundee Ranch
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 04:02:47 AM »
If you watch the videos about pillars of hope made by a former program parent, they walk inside a brick wall compound at one point where one of the persons speaks about it being a mud camp instead of the intented boot camp.

The links are on Fornits Wiki

Another rumor about pillars of hope is found here:

Tread about Pillars of hope on antiwwasp

just got pulled from Pillars of hope mr.mark and marsha got fired for i dont know what and they stole about 3 girls and mr.narv is sueing them theirs less then 10 kids their now and another is leaving soon

what do you mean, "they stole 3 girls?" like, helped them run away or kidnapped them or what?

the theripist got fired and then called up the parents of the kids who were getting cousouling and told them a bunch of lyes soon as they got fired this place isnt safe its a waste of money etc. they fliped the script soon as they got fired very un professinal. narvin linchfield is supposely sueing them

He is running out of cheap labor.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »
///If you watch the videos about pillars of hope made by a former program parent, they walk inside a brick wall compound at one point where one of the persons speaks about it being a mud camp instead of the intented boot camp. ///

I saw that. Did you notice her [ the mom] telling Narvin with a note of amusement in her voice, something to the effect of: The kids were scared to death of this place, you know. . . And Narvin responding "They were?" all surprised like. . . As if he didn't know they were afraid of it - as if that hadn't been the point all along.

///just got pulled from Pillars of hope mr.mark and marsha got fired for i dont know what and they stole about 3 girls and mr.narv is sueing them theirs less then 10 kids their now and another is leaving soon what do you mean, "they stole 3 girls?" like, helped them run away or kidnapped them or what? the theripist got fired and then called up the parents of the kids who were getting cousouling and told them a bunch of lyes soon as they got fired this place isnt safe its a waste of money etc. they fliped the script soon as they got fired very un professinal. narvin linchfield is supposely sueing them///

How interesting. Sure would like to talk to Mark and Marsha - and the three "stolen" girls.