Author Topic: Official WWASP Press Release  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Official WWASP Press Release
« on: May 29, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »
Only a few excerpts have been printed in several stories:  Here's the full press release. Who abused who?  Consider the kids that hadn't yet figured out they were being given a selfless gift by their parents. Those few students took advantage of their "freedom" in the same way they did it at home.  It's not about bad parenting - it's about BEING a parent that did something about the behavior when it became too much for them to handle at home. When you love your kids enough you will do whatever it takes to keep them out of harms way, the one they chose to inflict on themselves prior to learning to love themselves again (or for the first time) - Speak your judgments when you've stood in their shoes.  You're adding more pain to already hurting parents.  STOP!!!
Subject:  Press Release 05/27/03  From Ken Kay, President WWASPS

Question: What is your understanding of what happened at Dundee Ranch?

"Any person, place, public or private school could stand up to an orderly
investigation or inquiry, which our schools have cooperated with in the past and
would have at this time.  However, who could withstand an irresponsible, agenda driven raid?

The closing of Dundee Ranch was caused by the actions of Fernando Vargas, an
out of control Government Official.  There was a time when the owners of
Dundee Ranch had believed that the Costa Rican Government had moved beyond it's
primitive and rogue status, but now realize that just wasn't true.  Government
Officials still operate unchecked and without regard to due process.  Many even
believe that these officials will purposely create problems for US run
companies until they receive some kind of hefty under the table payment.  Regardless
of motives the parents of a number of former students are going to be filing
legal complaints against Fernando Vargas.  Mr. Vargas, using Rambo-like
tactics, entered Dundee Ranch and told troubled students with behavior problems that
they could do whatever they wanted, without consequences.  Some, while not
most, began to do just that?Whatever they wanted.  The whole time Mr. Vargas, and
other Government Officials, stood by and did nothing.  They also forbid the
Dundee Ranch Staff from intervening.  Even when the Ranch Staff appealed to
Police for help, to bring things to order, or to at least protect the health and
welfare of the students, or protect other persons and property, Mr. Vargas
instructed Police to not interfere.  When things escalated to the point of no
control, and possibly fearing for his own safety, Mr. Vargas irresponsibly left.  
About 40 of the 200 plus students left the facility.  By the next morning,
all but about six students had returned.  With the Government Officials gone,
the Ranch Staff got things calmed down.  That is until the Government Official
showed up again, then the whole process started again.  Once again, students
went out of control.  At that time the Ranch Staff felt they could no longer
successfully operate the Program with this kind of irresponsible agenda-driven
government interference.  They began notifying parents to make arrangements to
send their child home or to another facility.

Mr. Vargas arrested the Dundee Ranch owner, Narvin Lichfield, in what many
feel was an attempt to deflect his own actions.  Narvin's lawyers, as well as
ourselves, are confident that when all is reviewed Narvin will be acquitted of
all charges.  Even in the initial court appearance the Judge didn't seem to
think there was much of a case against Mr. Lichfield, as he was released without
bail.  In the six year history of World Wide there has never been a
substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment in any of it's Independent Schools and
Programs.  Some people believe all the Independently owned and operated Schools and
Programs are all alike.  But that is not true.  Some of our Member Schools
are Treatment Programs, some are Specialty Boarding Schools, and some, like
Dundee, are Behavior Modification Programs.  What is similar is that each School
and Program has a tremendous parent satisfaction rate.  According to the
responses of recent surveys among both present and past parents, our Schools average
over a 97% parent satisfaction rate.  This is also evidenced by their
tremendous growth and their strong parent and former student supporters."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kel78

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »
Just a quick question.  Where did the 'press release' come from?  A link to more information would be helpful.  

Just as an aside, 75% of all statistics are made up on the spot, and 100% can be adjusted to say pretty much whatever you want.  Learned that in a marketing class in college.
like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
- Agatha Christie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »
America, WAKE UP. This is not the first time WWASP has had a program closed down, its not even the 2nd or 3rd. The only manipulators our WWASP, and their making millions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »
I guess I need to get out of the Anonymous status!  I was the one that posted the Official WWASP Press Release.  I don't have the newspaper it was published in, sorry - too many of them out there and can't seem to find the full release link.

I want to share my personal definition of "judgment."  TO JUDGE IS TO COMPARE SOMEONE ELSE'S BEHAVIOR OR THINKING AGAINST YOUR OWN, WITH A RESULTING OPINION THAT YOU HOLD.

We "JUDGE" when our ego needs a boost.

When you find yourself judging people, look at what parts of yourself that you have yet to discover and/or accept.  :wink:

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 04:50:00 PM »
It is not much of a "press release" if you can't tell us what press it came from.

It sounds more like a "Kay release" then a "press release."

Also, ask Mr. Kay what outside independent firm provides him with his statistics.  If they are not provided by an unbias outside source who can gather the information, and who can pole the past and present parents to truely determine percentages of "happy" vs "unhappy" parents, then they do not mean a thing.

To get true percentages ALL parents need to be polled (past and present) and they need to be polled  by someone other than someone affiliated with WWASP>

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »
On 2003-05-29 12:25:00, Anonymous wrote:
Consider the kids that hadn't yet figured out they were being given a selfless gift by their parents. Those few students took advantage of their "freedom" in the same way they did it at home. It's not about bad parenting - it's about BEING a parent that did something about the behavior when it became too much for them to handle at home.

Oh, give me a friggin' break, woman! You may have forgotten that most of the people you're talking to are around your own age with grown kids of our own. How DARE you call this torture a "selfless gift!" How awful hard it must be for you to write those checks. Oh! You poor poor baby!

Tell ya what. You switch places with your kid for, say, just six months; 1/3 to 1/2 the usual stay. And if you aren't dead, insane or repentant by then, you come on back here and tell us all about it. Mean while, don't come around here looking for sympathy, you're making me sick.

Speak your judgments when you've stood in their shoes.

You're joking, right? :roll:
Hey Don, do you have any memory of what Staff said after the great revolt at the church building next door to the Cincinnati program?

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »
On 2003-05-29 13:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

I want to share my personal definition of "judgment."  TO JUDGE IS TO COMPARE SOMEONE ELSE'S BEHAVIOR OR THINKING AGAINST YOUR OWN, WITH A RESULTING OPINION THAT YOU HOLD.

We "JUDGE" when our ego needs a boost.

When you find yourself judging people, look at what parts of yourself that you have yet to discover and/or accept.  :wink:

"

O K! If that's what it takes to keep on being a true believer, well then ... O K!!

BUT, in the more commonly accepted reality, this usually works for the rest of us:
"to form an opinion about something through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises."

When WWASP says they have never been sucessfully sued, it's essentially the same as OJ claiming innocence because he was able to spend more money than God on his legal defense.

From Tico Times, just last January.
http://www.ticotimes.net/archive/01_17_03_2.htm
"allegations of psychological and physical abuse - including pinning students' arms behind their backs or sentencing them to 12 hours of solitary confinement on their knees (known as Observational Placement, or O.P.) - have prompted authorities to raid or investigate affiliated programs in Mexico, the Czech Republic and Utah - all three of which are now closed."

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
-- John Adams, (1772)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »
I suppose having outstanding INTERPOL warrants out for the arrest of the Monrovia Academy Directors who fled the Czech Republic when they were charged with child cruelty and unlawful imprisonment would not be a substantiated abuse case.

Thats right everyone is out to get WWASP because they are the only self-less, caring people in the world. They will just hug you to death for about 30k of your parents money.

I hear Utah still uses a firing squad, I wonder if Ken Kay and the Lichfields qualify.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"