Author Topic: Aspen Education Group on Fornits Wiki  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Aspen Education Group on Fornits Wiki
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 04:39:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
How 'bout you let us worry about it, huh?  You're some anonymouse (although it seems you probably are one of Who's multiples).

Why are you assuming I'm high?  And if I was, what difference would THAT make?  Is there something wrong with getting high?

Oh, now I am the who person, speaking of multiples you seem to be the one using the word “usâ€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »
How 'bout you let us worry about it, huh?  You're some anonymouse (although it seems you probably are one of Who's multiples).

Why are you assuming I'm high?  And if I was, what difference would THAT make?  Is there something wrong with getting high?

Oh, now I am the who person, speaking of multiples you seem to be the one using the word “usâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »
There is no need to send kids away for smoking pot, I think you have the wrong impression about boarding schools.

Assuming this isn't the Who trolling like crazy, again, you have the wrong impression about this entire fucking industry.

Because we're dealing with people who do want to send kids away for smoking pot.

Capiche?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »
Piano lessons have a beginning and an end point just like some boarding schools.  The piano teacher is being paid to modify the childs behavior by teaching him to sit at a piano for a certain period of time (or shall we not say teacher since she may not have oversight or licensed with the state or student because there is no formal class rooms).  Anyway, regardless,The parent trusts that the teacher will not abuse the child.  The child may not make any phone calls or use their game boy during this time, bit their nails, play with their hair or chew gum.  Etc. etc.  get the picture.
The only main difference is boarding schools are designed to house many children and for a longer period of time.  Do children get abused?  Of course they do.  There isn’t an institution on the planet which doesn’t struggle with getting the right help, from summer camps, to public school to boarding schools.  Kids are much more likely to be abused at home then they are at a boarding school.  Child abuse is a huge problem in this country.
We need to be careful not to judge an industry based on a few isolated cases.  If you saw a video of Tranquility bay then be clear and let people know that you are using your experience off of that video or u-tube shot.
I think your work is commendable and shows you are dedicated to your cause.  Just remember you are trying to communicate with adults I believe.  If your target Audience refers to them as students use that.  If your target audience refers to them as parolees or detainees then use that wording.  Take the advice of many people don’t get painted into a corner and be persuaded by hate groups who are not interested in doing good or educating people on the industry.

Oh, my god someone shoot me I am starting to sound like the who.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »
 You are welcome,  Why are your posts so focused on drugs, anger and profanity if life is so good?

I'm not focused on it.  I was responding to your comments.  People like you resort to character assassination when someone starts to speak the truth about your precious program.  Paint me as nothing but an angry drug addict and it somehow degrades the value of what I'm saying.  I'm angry that programs like this are allowed to exist in this country.  I'm angry that our Constitution is shredded to accomplish locking kids up without due process, as every American should be.  I'm angry that sheople perpetuate this ridiculous war on drugs at the cost of so many lives and families.

A very small amount of my posts focus on drugs.  I don't hide the fact that I might partake on occasion.   That just doesn't fit into your boxed in little world.  

smoking pot isnt a big deal in this country but you should modify it a little especially since you have kids around.

Your oh so subtle condescension is so on par for your kind.  Try some reading for comprehension.  My kids are grown.  They have their own homes and their own lives, as do I.

There is no need to send kids away for smoking pot, I think you have the wrong impression about boarding schools.
I made the "Us" comment because you accused me of having a personallity disorder or some type.  I am not sure where that came from.

Uh huh. :roll:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 06:50:49 PM »
People like you resort to character assassination

People like me?  So you like to categorize people?  Put them in a box, do you?  tag them?  So I am one of them.  Try reading back.  I was giving my opinion on someones web site and you attacked me for it because you didn’t agree and had to use  foul language and now it turns out you have nothing to do with the design of the site.  I accept other peoples opinions no matter how far off they are from my own I don’t think you can say the same of yourself.

Because we're dealing with people who do want to send kids away for smoking pot.

It would seem you would want to address the problem with the parents not the schools.  By attacking the schools you will only accomplish hurting the “low hanging fruitâ€

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 07:09:12 PM »
People like you resort to character assassination

People like me?  So you like to categorize people?  Put them in a box, do you?  tag them?  So I am one of them.  Try reading back.  I was giving my opinion on someones web site and you attacked me for it because you didn’t agree and had to use  foul language and now it turns out you have nothing to do with the design of the site.

I can't read back.  You're anonymous and I have no idea Who's posts are Who's.

I didn't attack you.  I posted the comment that the descriptor "detainees" was indeed wholly appropriate.  You can't seem to stand that.  I don't have anything to do with the design, editing, moderation or administration of this site.  Not any part of it.  I'm an off and on regular poster and  a survivor of behavior modification programs.

I accept other peoples opinions no matter how far off they are from my own I don’t think you can say the same of yourself.

Of course I can.  I accept your opinion.  I think you're wrong, but I accept that that's your opinion

It would seem you would want to address the problem with the parents not the schools.  By attacking the schools you will only accomplish hurting the “low hanging fruitâ€