Author Topic: Adolescent Abduction Restraint Club  (Read 1665 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Adolescent Abduction Restraint Club
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »
I was reading  Master's thesis written by some earnest woman in the Criminology department at Simon Fraser.  She was writing about lobbyists making claims for and against imprisoning children in the sex trade.  AARC was brought up, and a number of the usual un-facts about AARC spewed forth.  A reference was made to the Wiz as the "psychologist" in charge of AARC.  That is of course completely false.  He is the head evangelist, but is not a licensed psychologist.  Then the 80% success rate was brought up.  Again, completely un-factual.  AARC's touted success rate has the same reality quotient as studies of Bigfoot  reproductive rates.  Then a curious quote from a Calgary cop named Belliveau appeared.  He mentioned pulling crack-addicted thirteen-year-olds off the streets, and then seeing them less than a year later addressing downtown business clubs.  Again, a total falsehood.  The children at AARC are from famlies that can afford to pay.  Little girls providing sex to pay for crack for them and their pimps don't have host homes.  AARC inmates are people like young Ben from Deer Run, and Tanya W, and Mitch T, and Amy O, and Natalie Oldcomer.  These people aren't teen prostitutes.  We have a coulpe of photos taken in AARC, and there actually is one of a teen prostitute.  She didn't last too long in AARC, eventually disappearing.  
What Constable Belliveau's little vignette does describe accurately is the use of inmates to sell AARC to Calgary business.  Hustle young Wizard, hustle!
Another aspect of the discussion of AARC pertained to abducting children to bring them to AARC.  I was somewhat taken aback to discover that AARC is still lying to people about the legality of holding kids under 16 against their will, and also to discover that the Calgary Police Service is still illegally assisting in the return of escapers to AARC.  
All of this is very encouraging, insofar as AARC is still based upon lying about the Wizard's background and credentials, and also upon a myriad of illegal practises, from abductions to unlawful confinement.  Throw in some oldcomer and staff assaults, and you have the proverbial "rotten edifice".  Remember AARColytes, the witnesses are out there.  Example for the day:Julie physically prevents Erin F. from flight.  Tremendous and totally illegal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 01:32:24 PM »
Actually, by the time I was in there, they had arbitrarily raised the age you're allowed to sign out to 18.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 04:11:44 PM »
Well, 18 is the legal age in which you can sign out. I was 14, wasn't a child of any affluent Calgary people... they got me through there, I addressed several "downtown business groups".

Sorry to completely remove the wind from your sails.

An aside, you need money to operate.. things aren't free, so if you're angry that they were doing some fundraising, then there's not really much else you've got to talk about

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »
Legally, adolescents can be held for up to 5 days in a detox facility. That's it. And, that law only came into place within the last year or two.

I personally was held for many more than 5 days.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20