Author Topic: Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care  (Read 42836 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »
One that doesn't let situations get to the point where they're so out of control that I would need to call in someone else to help me deal with it.

BE A FUCKING PARENT!!!!! RAISE YOUR OWN GODDAMN KIDS!!
QFT

Ignorance is abundant here.  I suggest you read up on Autism, you haven't a clue what you're talking about.  Best to know what you are talking about before you open your mouth spouting words like above, and regret it later.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2007, 03:42:07 PM »
:roll:

If your kid needs help, you get your kid actual goddamn help from a real mental health expert who works in a real clinic or real hospital.

Not some hellhole out in Utah.

How hard is this to understand?

Offline Bunnie

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »
Guest: the understanding is that this parent did not know about the Industry, same as many parents, and some good people who are members of Fornits who were duped.  This parent did not want to Punish their child, she thought she was getting actual "real" help.
Many people do not know about the fact that the Industry is "Unregulated", or have minimal regulations.  That is the whole problem they are not what they portray themselves, as we have all been talking about for so long.
My heart goes out to the suffering of all surviors and the familys of the children who have died needlessly.  :cry:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2007, 08:11:46 PM »
Yes Bunny.  Thank you for saying that.

These places sell the whole bag of goods to parents, telling them they "Specialize" in this, that, and the other.  I hate to say it, but it's almost like going to the market and having to decide on which brand of cheese, or whatever, you are going to purchase.  They all pretty much say the same thing, and there are still parents out there that just don't know.

Today, one of my daughter's good friends informed me that her mom was trying to send her to some all girls boarding school in Florida.  Believe me, I already asked for the name, and she can't remember, she will let me now tonight.

Meanwhile, I learned, I am getting more, and more, educated on this subject, and maybe I made a mistake, but it doesn't mean I can't help stop other parents from doing the same thing.

Offline Karass

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2007, 09:53:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Meanwhile, I learned, I am getting more, and more, educated on this subject, and maybe I made a mistake, but it doesn't mean I can't help stop other parents from doing the same thing.

That's the strategy I have been following -- help stop other parents from doing the same thing. I'm not a politician, not an official member of any organization, and I have a day job and bills to pay. But I try to dedicate some free time to intercepting naive parents who think a program will help their kid.

Without parents to pay the bills, there would be no programs.
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
please stop bashing parents
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2007, 11:27:41 PM »
Apparently there are some reallly inflexible people out there who can't see past the trees.

Bashing parents who have difficult children who have not responded to traditional therapy does not accomplish anything. Yes, the mom of this boy is aware of my posts, I would not go behind her back. She has spoken with Cathy Sutton several times, and has spent hours researching the teen industry, and knows the particulars about every one.  she spent many thousands of dollars on therapy for her boy and is an expert on autism. His medication did not cause his bowel infarction, he had a mechanical malfuntion that was a fluke ( like a ruptured appendix) it was not caused by a punch or constipation or medication, it was more in the arena of a genetic defect as I understand it., but it could have been corrected with surgery if had been taken to the ER when his symptoms became severe. The coronor was very thorough, the final report is pending some final reports, but there is no question as to the cause of death in this case. some of you need to find some facts before you spout off. And I was very well acquainted with this boy, and the progress he made at Youth Care, he really did get well qualified help there, much better than the boy was ever able to get in his home town, or at UCLA, where he was evaluated for a full month before going to YC. This was an extreme situation, not bad parenting. You parent bashers are really sick, and obviously have the same mentality as most of the officials in Utah, that the parents are totally responsible for their kids emotional problems and drug use. It just isn't so. The boy's mom lost her husband last year due to a heart attack - in your world,  she to blame for that too?   Some, not all, kids actually do have positive results in these programs. But only people with open minds will ever see that. Yes there is abuse, yes there too many deaths. instead of generalizing everything into one problem, the parents, try to take a more intellectual approach and find solutions.

I posted here hoping to get the mom  on a fast track to get some accountability for her son's death, but I don't think I'll bother anymore after the negativity I've seen here. After the persistence the mom has shown with the many hurdles in her life, she may very well be able to accomplish something positive. Right now she is sad and angry, but wants something positive to come out of her son's very sad death. I certainly know she won't go around judging other people but will work for better regulation and enforecement, or closure of programs who let kids die.

A Friend.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2007, 11:39:51 PM »
Good luck.  Skyline Journey took a year to close only to reopen under a different name.

There are many victims of this fraudulent industry.

Regulation won't prevent deaths.  It may in fact, lead to more.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2007, 12:09:43 AM »
If some parent wants to talk to me they can contact me at the following email address:

[email protected]

I tried following this thread, but it seems to have gotten far to tangled for me to even to begin to unravel.

As for doing solo intercepts on parents and steering them away from a program...

That is full of win.

Hardest thing I've had happen to me is the parent insisted I make a choice between programs for them as they absolutely needed a decision made right fricking now and blah blah.

I told them no as I wouldn't be the one making a choice between a lessor unjust confinement and harsher one.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2007, 12:12:37 AM »
Woah! Read between the fucking lines here!!

Apparently this parent:

Has talked to Cathy Sutton
IS READING FORNITS
Is being manipulated, hard, by the programmies, who are desperate enough to come here to try more

Now, AnonyMom of Murdered Kid, you have two choices here:

You can either support the people who killed your kid (and believe me, if you're reading the rest of Fornits, you know damn well what goes on in these places and won't be fazed by the bullshit, and understand easily how they can get away with it and claim "genetic defect") or you can help put them the hell out of business.

Up to you.

Of course the local anons are going to come after you. They hate program parents with a passion. Openly turn sides, start posting, and tell the truth and I imagine most of them will stop, although there's always assholes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2007, 12:26:38 AM »
-- This post exists only to get the next one to a new page --

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2007, 12:32:57 AM »
Dear AnonyMom of Murdered Kid:

Your son died screaming.

Do you understand what a bowel infarction truly is? It is a piece of the intestine dying.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001151.htm

He didn't die in his sleep. He didn't die quickly. This is not a heart attack. Blood sepsis (the ultimate cause of this sort of death) is not insta-lethal. He had severe systemic shock and fever.

Of course, kids scream in pain in programs all the time. The reason he died there, and not in a hospital, is because his cries of agony were completely ignored. He had severe abdominal pain. Think about it. A piece of his intestine died as the result of God knows what was done to him.

No, he was screaming, in mortal agony. He had to have been screaming, or possibly suffering agony in silence (doubtful- this HURTS LIKE HELL) because he knew very well that no one would listen to him.

No one took him to a hospital.

And now we've got idiots claiming "genetic defect". Priceless!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »
His medication did not cause his bowel infarction, he had a mechanical malfuntion that was a fluke ( like a ruptured appendix) it was not caused by a punch or constipation or medication, it was more in the arena of a genetic defect as I understand it., but it could have been corrected with surgery if had been taken to the ER when his symptoms became severe. The coronor was very thorough, the final report is pending some final reports, but there is no question as to the cause of death in this case.

Guess we will have to wait and find out what symptoms this boy presented with and when.  As for defending the program as having a good track record - that is clearly in the past tense.  

My condolences to the family and friends of this teen.  I hope the mother gets to the bottom of this although nothing can bring him back, it may help to save another child from losing their life in the name of "treatment".

Parents beware.  This is not an isolated incident.  You've heard it before.  Believe it.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2007, 03:30:12 AM »
concernedfriend, you are horribly naive....

This boys death will change nothing and you will see his death repeated over and over again and again every year. Just take some time and look into other deaths, I'll let the history speak for itself.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: forced therapy
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »
Quote from: ""concernedfriend""
theoretical sitution:  your child is autistic, punches you repeatedly in the face because you will not tolerate foul language and refusal to go to school, and tries to burn your house down, and assaults your other children, is arrested, local agencies refuse to provide treatment and judge says child must  either get daily therapy and EM or go to juvenile hall, you are not going to insisit on treatment?

what planet are you from?

Having taken a turn through juvenile hall on the way out of 2 years of unmitigated Straight, Inc. hell as a kid, I would let any of my daughters go to juvenile hall rather than forced indoctrination. But that's just me.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Dear AnonyMom of Murdered Kid:

Your son died screaming.

Do you understand what a bowel infarction truly is? It is a piece of the intestine dying.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001151.htm

He didn't die in his sleep. He didn't die quickly. This is not a heart attack. Blood sepsis (the ultimate cause of this sort of death) is not insta-lethal. He had severe systemic shock and fever.

Of course, kids scream in pain in programs all the time. The reason he died there, and not in a hospital, is because his cries of agony were completely ignored. He had severe abdominal pain. Think about it. A piece of his intestine died as the result of God knows what was done to him.

No, he was screaming, in mortal agony. He had to have been screaming, or possibly suffering agony in silence (doubtful- this HURTS LIKE HELL) because he knew very well that no one would listen to him.

No one took him to a hospital.

And now we've got idiots claiming "genetic defect". Priceless!

This may seem harsh, but you're not out of line, guest. I'm sure the program faithful assured this grieving mother that her son died quietly in his sleep.

As we go back and forth like the Holy Roman Crown over reform vs protest, I'm reminded again of another chilling reality. I'm going to take the liberty of telling a little bit about my daughter. I can't reach her right now, but I'm real confident that she'd be alright with this. If not, my bad, I'll have to make it up to her somehow.

My daughter had a bowel infraction. It damned near killed her. I know what it's like. The girl was wild with panic and pain, projectile vomiting and drifting in and out of shock for 7 hours while licensed, trained, qualified medical professionals in the ER flatly refused her diagnostic services.

They did this on the grounds that they had to have a urine sample to rule out pregnancy before they could do a standard x ray. The charge nurse seemed to insinuate that they dismissed my daughter's symptoms as drug effects, maybe a minor overdose or serious withdrawal. She said things like "She's acting rather bizarrely". And she was, of course. She was in intense pain for hours and doped up on the Benzos the er staff had given her. I know what that's like. Many laboring women will try to pack up and go home when the pain gets to its crescendo. My kid was trying to crawl off the foot of the bed; trying to escape the pain, crying, begging and pleading for help.

So convinced were these men and women that they were looking at nothing more then some dumb assed teenager's self inflicted issues and her gullible mother buying her bullshit that, even 2 hours after the catheter they had put into her bladder failed to produce enough urine for a test, I (a layman w/ no medical training) had to point this out to the doctor. When he finally connected the dots, his eyes went wide and he called in the radiology team to to their damned job.

Here's my point, folks. The industry uses as a defense that it exists to fill a market demand. That is factually true, in my humble opinion. But they say that like it's a good thing.

I'm telling you that, going back at least as far as the Nixon Administration, these sadistic lunatics, self deluded and well intended as they may be, have so influenced our society's beliefs and attitudes about young people with their toxic hate and scorn, they have so exaggerated in our collective conscious the relatively low risks of unauthorized drug use that even well trained, licensed, regulated medical professionals damned near let my daughter die screaming, crying, dry heaving, hallucinating and begging for help and mercy because of it.

It is no coincidence that the people who have become multimillionaires on the backs of tortured children and duped parents invest in particular political candidates and political action committees like DFAF. I have long held to the idea that any candidate or organization affiliated with this mindless death and torture industry should be shamed out of public life.

Our society is sick in a lot of ways. Somehow we have to address this before anything will improve. Maybe through art, maybe by various kinds of rebellion, maybe through the electoral and legal process, maybe some other ways.

Go ahead with your talk of regulation and reformation. My bit is real, real simple. Rampant talking out in group. Be rude and uncivilized about it if the situation seems to call for it. Be artful and humorous if that's the spirit that moves you. But please understand that the troubled parent industry is not the core or source of the problem, it's just one of the more rancid, obscene symptoms of our societal ills. And love your children. Hell, give a little boost to any kid you see, even if they're acting immature or awkward at the moment you encounter them.

Right now, something like 60% of school aged children are deemed abnormal by education professionals. Wake the fuck up, folks! That is a ridiculous statement! There's nothing wrong with the kids. If they're angry and anti-social in these numbers, maybe they've got something to be angry about.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes