Author Topic: Hey Now The Well  (Read 927 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Hey Now The Well
« on: May 18, 2003, 01:38:00 AM »
Well this year looks like it is going to be a banner year for the Conference.  I ran into a girl that used to live in my apartment building and I got to talking about my involvment in the movement and in these forums and it turned out that she brought forth a whole different perspective into this mess that I had never once thought about.  As a young girl, she had gone through three different High Schools due to remarriage in her family.  She had quite a few friends that entered Straight only to come out as mindless Zombies that she could no longer relate to.  At the worst, she was just what was known in the program as a "Bop" and here she ended up an outcast by people she had grown up with and it really hurt her as a young impressionable teen to be subjected to the durision of the program.  She witnessed first-hand the crap that we all had to endure and it really affected her as well, and she never even had to undergo what we went through ourselves, yet it scarred her upbringing just as hard as ours did.  I am going to try and get her involved with the Conference, and she wants to herself, just to see if she may be able to finally reunite with old friends.  The tentacles of Straight were alot more far reaching than most of us think of after all............  If anyone else can relate to this venue, please feel free, because I would love to hear about them.      take care, Bob in St.Pete

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-05-17 22:41 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hey Now The Well
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 02:12:00 PM »
Hey Bob,
  Somewhere in the Seed forum there's a post describing the same scenario. I think the topic is something about Lakewood High. I think an awful lot of people were so effected. And I've been hoping that people who knew about the Program but didn't wind up in group would come along and lend their perspective. And damnd I wish I had the spare cash to make the trip down there this year!

This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

http://www.aidoann.com/guncontrol.html' target='_new'>Adolph Hitler

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes